Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: What ages are considered a "toddler" ?

Baby- 0-1
Toddler 2 -3
Preschooler 4-5

Helpmeet to a wonderful DH Mommy to A 8J 5
Angel baby 12-25-11 , W 4-16-13 - 4-30-13 E4-12-14
AbbieJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

If it is your first baby a toddler ends at 18 months. If it is your last baby they are still a toddler at 18.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #23
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady

I call my 2.5 year old (3 in March) a toddler still. But that has a lot to do with the fact I try to differentiate between her and the baby when talking about them, so there is the "toddler" and the "baby". When referring to them collectively, I call them "the babies". This is to differentiate them between the "big girls". There's an almost 5 year age gap between my "big girls" and my "babies" because I was divorced then re-married. So anyway, if I just say the girls, nobody knows who I am talking about, but if I refer to the "big girls" or "the babies" people understand. Whew, that was a lot.

THAT being said..really, my 2.5 y.o is neither a toddler, or baby, even though she gets referred to as both. She is definitely more a preschooler, but not QUITE yet. I would say when she is 3 I would call her a preschooler. Many preschools start preschool at 2.5, so I do think they CAN be considered preschoolers then.

Now as far as the baby/toddler thing for my littlest. She JUST turned 1 year (a week ago). She is not yet walking. So, she is still a baby. I have a hard time imagining calling her a toddler, hehe. Maybe because she is the baby of the family. My now toddler was called the baby up until we had the new baby. I guess the youngest just gets called the baby for a long time in our family.

Definition speaking I'd say:
Infant-up to 12 months
Toddler-1-3 years
Preschooler-3-4 years

I don't see 5 year olds as preschoolers, even though depending on bdays, they could definitely be still in preschool. I see the 4-5 range as "Pre-Kers"
Natasha: Mom to toddlers and tweens and everything in between.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote