Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #101
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ november 22- december 6

QOTW: I love spiced teas and PIE! I'm so sad though this year I have to be GF this holiday. So, no pie for me.

CD12 for me. Feeling something going on the sides this morning. Whenever I am close to O'ing it reminds me of a cold or old engine trying to start . I did take a OPK this afternoon and nothing yet. Still might be to early.

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #102
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
I'm here. age 37 and possibly trying this month. we would really like a boy due in August but we are still discussing it... ovulating in a couple days. will be swaying towards a boy if its a go and may just obstain till O night.
I think it would be really great gift for Christmas to tell my husband we're having a baby.
That would be a wonderful Christmas gift for sure Keep us posted!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #103
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I finally realized how to multi quote from the phone app. I guess I am a little slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom
I'm here. age 37 and possibly trying this month. we would really like a boy due in August but we are still discussing it... ovulating in a couple days. will be swaying towards a boy if its a go and may just obstain till O night.
I think it would be really great gift for Christmas to tell my husband we're having a baby.
That would be an awesome Christmas present. I am hoping there is a bunch of us that will graduate for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch
CD1 for me. I am so weepy.
Sorry mama. Hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar

maybe residual cramping from ovulation? i'll move you to the 2ww!
Thanks Becky. It just seems off. I probably wouldn't think twice about it if it wasn't for TTC. Maybe it is because I finally released a strong egg that wants to be a baby.

QOTW: Drink: Hot chocolate swirled with a peppermint stick. Food: My mom's butter cookies. We make and decorate hundreds of them every year. Even the year my nephew was in the hospital. My mom made up several dozen plain cookies, brought the decorations and frosting and a portable table. We made cookies in his hospital room and handed them out to the staff on the floor and took some up to my co-workers on the floor above him. The other fave Christmas treat is Little Debbie's White Frosted Christmas Tree cakes. My nephew and I ate them together every year when I started taking care of him. Now when I see them I think of him and brings back so many Christmas memories. I wish I was still making memories with him, I like to think Heaven has them for him.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #104
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Anabelle and Karina - I'm so sorry for CD 1.

I'm at CD 15 today and think I ovulated last night. I was really sad today to have missed the egg, since I wanted to start this month, but DH wanted just a bit more time so we're waiting until after the holidays.

Just to make it even more fun, I had to get some dental work done this morning and I feel like I've been punched in the face. I had to get 8 separate freezing injections before it took, and the whole process for one filling took 2 hours. I'm a complete baby when it comes to going to the dentist anyway. At least DS got a good visit in with grandma and grandpa while I was at the dentist.

On a positive note, I can't wait for the next cycle and am getting really excited. My LP is usually 11 days, so I will be TTC in less than 2 weeks I've started my pre-natal vitamins, cleaning up my diet and making a concerted effort to get more exercise. What else should I be doing in preparation for TTC?
Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #105
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post

Thanks Becky. It just seems off. I probably wouldn't think twice about it if it wasn't for TTC. Maybe it is because I finally released a strong egg that wants to be a baby.

QOTW: Drink: Hot chocolate swirled with a peppermint stick. Food: My mom's butter cookies. We make and decorate hundreds of them every year. Even the year my nephew was in the hospital. My mom made up several dozen plain cookies, brought the decorations and frosting and a portable table. We made cookies in his hospital room and handed them out to the staff on the floor and took some up to my co-workers on the floor above him. The other fave Christmas treat is Little Debbie's White Frosted Christmas Tree cakes. My nephew and I ate them together every year when I started taking care of him. Now when I see them I think of him and brings back so many Christmas memories. I wish I was still making memories with him, I like to think Heaven has them for him.
im sorry i dont know your nephew's story, but i am sorry he isn't here to share a christmas tree with you. xo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layney82 View Post
Anabelle and Karina - I'm so sorry for CD 1.

I'm at CD 15 today and think I ovulated last night. I was really sad today to have missed the egg, since I wanted to start this month, but DH wanted just a bit more time so we're waiting until after the holidays.

Just to make it even more fun, I had to get some dental work done this morning and I feel like I've been punched in the face. I had to get 8 separate freezing injections before it took, and the whole process for one filling took 2 hours. I'm a complete baby when it comes to going to the dentist anyway. At least DS got a good visit in with grandma and grandpa while I was at the dentist.

On a positive note, I can't wait for the next cycle and am getting really excited. My LP is usually 11 days, so I will be TTC in less than 2 weeks I've started my pre-natal vitamins, cleaning up my diet and making a concerted effort to get more exercise. What else should I be doing in preparation for TTC?
i would say just start getting lots of rest and make sure to get your folic acide...otherwise, i just game on until i see pink.

as for the aotw: i love savory things like puff pastry pinwheels with yummy cheeses and fig jam, and jalepeno poppers...this year at our party, i want to make stuffed cabbage and pierogies...ohmahgah...i was DYING for stuffed cabbage yesterday...only 3dpo or i would call it a pregnancy craving it was that strong. as for drink, i guess i'm the only boozer on the list...i love hot cider with kentucky bourbon or delicious champagne with floating frozen raspberries...tho i also would never turn down a delicious holiday cup of espresso from starbucks!

on the ttc front. im at least 4dpo today. ive been having pretty regular cramps in my abdomen and of course chalking it up to a million babies implanting...the usual.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #106
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Becky you made me laugh. I hope you can't enjoy your drink this year because those billion babies have settled in.

My nephew died from leukemia a few years ago just shy of 13. I helped care for him and had temporary guardianship over him when he was little because his little sister was hospitalized and needed a lot of care in her early days. When I was in college, he lived in the same town so I would pick him up after school and he would hang out with me at the dorm. When he got sick I worked in the hospital where he was at for most of his treatment. So I would get off my shift, go downstairs and take a nap until he woke up and stay with him until I had to go back to work. He received a double umbilical cord blood transplant. It helped for a few months but his leukemia returned in 2 months before he passes away. Christmas is bittersweet. I see those LD cakes and I just about cry when the memories of bundling him up, trekking through the snow to the movie rental place and going back to my dorm room watching movies and eating snack cakes.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #107
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Tiffany, I'm so sorry for the loss of your nephew. I hope the holiday season reminds of all the good memories too.
Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #108
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layney82
Tiffany, I'm so sorry for the loss of your nephew. I hope the holiday season reminds of all the good memories too.
Thank you. It does. I have a couple of ornaments that always make me cry a few happy tears. There is just so much at this time of year that makes it feel like he is close.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #109
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh honey. How terribly heart wrenching. Xoxo.

As for my drank, I'd be happy to go without for a little bub to gestate. Tho I prob jinxed (blessed) myself and will end up with a tummy full of people...that's how we got the twins, I could swear on it.

Nursing @ iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #110
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

This month of "What is my body doing now?" continues. Cramping and very light spotting have continued. Then this morning my temp dropped out. I really don't wan't tomorrow to be CD1 only after 19 days. I know there is a temp dip after o. Mine usually is no lower than the cover line, but my temp this morning is well below my cover line. Here is my chart if anyone is bored. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/2d367b

Last edited by tedcgh; 12-05-2012 at 11:01 AM.
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote