Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 2013 Weekly Chat: Dec. 3-Dec. 9

awww. yay! Your doc sounds pretty awesome.

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I suppose it's time for me to quit being in denial and come join you ladies. Had my first U/S this morning at 9 weeks 2 days and the little bean (baby center says it's grape sized this week) was kicking and squirming. I've had a hard time wrapping my head around this one since my symptoms are so random. I'll be starving one day then can't eat the next. Smells make me want to hurl and then nothing bothers me. I've been having a hard time getting myself set to think that I'm really pregnant with one that sticks.

ETA: When/how do you tell the kids?

Last edited by mcpforever; 12-04-2012 at 11:09 AM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My plans for today are to not throw up and take DD to gymnastics.

If I can do that I consider today a success!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
themrshunt
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom

I was at the office waiting to go back when I posted the first time, thats why it happened so fast.
Yay for snugly babies! I am so glad they were able to get you in quickly and put your mind at ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglesnsunshine
awww. yay! Your doc sounds pretty awesome.
I think it is so cool that you are expecting #7. Before this pregnancy I wanted a big family but with it being twins we will have to see how we survive the next couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever
Well, I suppose it's time for me to quit being in denial and come join you ladies. Had my first U/S this morning at 9 weeks 2 days and the little bean (baby center says it's grape sized this week) was kicking and squirming. I've had a hard time wrapping my head around this one since my symptoms are so random. I'll be starving one day then can't eat the next. Smells make me want to hurl and then nothing bothers me. I've been having a hard time getting myself set to think that I'm really pregnant with one that sticks.

Welcome! im glad you are joining us. That is so cool you saw your little bean squirming around, so cute. My DS is only 23 months but we have already been telling him that mommy has 2 babies in her tummy. He remembers and will tell you but I know he doesn't get what that means. I am worried about when they come because he is such a mommas boy but since I have been so sick he has been spending a lot of time at my sisters house so maybe that will help with the transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorwithwords

I hope you can call your day a success. I have been so sick everyday for weeks and finally ended up puking last night. I made it to 14 weeks with DS and this one only 8. But on the bright side I feel some better today so maybe that was helpful.

I just got back from my PCP for a thyroid check. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos a year ago so we have to check that regularly. She was very excited about the twins but was stressing about the fact that I don't have an Ob. So I called and made consult appointments with 2 different doctors that some friends recommended. Any one have recommendations on what is the most important info to ask?
themrshunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglesnsunshine View Post
I just about cried the other day when you posted that u/s pic. I'm so happy that everything is going good for you.
And , let me tell you. I believe ALL of my pregnancies in the first 10 weeks, I had good days (where I didn't feel pregnant-no symptoms) and bad days (yakking everywhere including in a bowl in the car at red lights, haha). Yesterday, I was super hungry. Today-not at all and nauseous. It just varies.
Pray and tell your baby to hang on tight. Somehow that relaxes me and I think it will you too.

I've schooled the kids, done laundry, cleaned my kitchen, and helped 2 toddlers with a Santa list (they made me).
I think I'll have a first u/s Monday so I'm looking forward to that. DH is picking on me that there might be 2 since he can feel the "softball" already. I've lost 8 pounds since I found out.

We are having to paint part of the outside of our house and some other carpentry stuff. My MIL keeps asking if I want to paint. I want to keep the pregnancy under wraps until Christmas. Not sure how that's going to work. I could paint since it's outside and ventilated, right? but I get out of breath when I do anything that requires raising my hands over my head. what to do?
I am glad to hear your symptoms come and go. I am having a come day today but it is nice to know if tomorrow is a go day, I am not strange. I wouldn't paint outside. That sounds a bit dangerous. I would make up some excuse and just not do it. I could come up with tons of excuses that would get me to Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post

I was at the office waiting to go back when I posted the first time, thats why it happened so fast.
What a great photo! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post

Welcome! I have already told my son. I had to since I can't lift more then 10 lbs and such. He went into the RE's office on Monday though asking why we were not seeing the baby that day. I felt AWFUL because we were in the waiting room but I guess that sometimes happens. Today I showed him photos of him when he was inside me. You know belly shots and such. I even have a video of him kicking me from the inside that I showed him. All he said is he didn't want to go back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorwithwords View Post

Good luck with you plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrshunt View Post
I hope you can call your day a success. I have been so sick everyday for weeks and finally ended up puking last night. I made it to 14 weeks with DS and this one only 8. But on the bright side I feel some better today so maybe that was helpful.

I just got back from my PCP for a thyroid check. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos a year ago so we have to check that regularly. She was very excited about the twins but was stressing about the fact that I don't have an Ob. So I called and made consult appointments with 2 different doctors that some friends recommended. Any one have recommendations on what is the most important info to ask?
Sorry your not feeling well!

I already said my recommendation but it was to make sure you like the hospital. This is HUGE in my book. The doctor is whatever but the hospital is key.

AFM - I didn't get to everything on my list. DS only had a half day of school and it is already getting dark here so I think going outside is out too. I still hope to make the cookies but we will have to see. I am not feeling great right now.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #16
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post

Welcome mama! DS is just 28 months, so telling him hasn't been an issue. Lol And DD is 17 so telling her was easy. I can't wait to see my little bean moving too! So neat that you did!

Last edited by leviandgarettsmom; 12-04-2012 at 10:38 PM.
leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #17
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay it is a new day! What is on everyone's plate today?

I am going to go on a playdate and see someone who is due with twins in May. Her DD and my DS are about 1 year apart. She is wanting CD advice. Then we will come home, have lunch, take a nap and I hope to get to our shortbread cookies today. Nearly did it yesterday but couldn't. Last night I was so tired I could barely move!

Oh and I have to share this funny! Yesterday morning I was taking my pills and I dropped one and the dog got it before I could! So needless to say it went in the trash. So at noon time I took out 3 pills - estrogen, progesterone, and prenatal and I start taking them while watching TV. Well I wasn't paying attention and I remembered taking the estrogen and the prenatal, but not the progesterone! So I go looking again for this pill and and can't find it. The dog doesn't look guilty and because those pills are expensive, I decide that I will just let it go and take my evening dose early if need be. 2 hours later, I start getting dizzy and realize that somehow I took the progesterone without even knowing it! How is that for pregnancy brain!

Tomorrow I turn 6 weeks so time for another belly shot!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #18
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm going to pay a few bills & going to my grandmother's. My grandfather passed away the night before Thanksgiving, so DS & I have pretty much gone there everyday to visit & just check on her.

Feeling good again today, but I'm learning to embrace it as a blessing instead of a threat. Guessing this one might be a girl. DD's pregnancy was easy like this. DS's was rough in comparison. I was sick til about 14 wks, had major smell aversions, & insanely awful heartburn. But I know they can all be different, so I guess we'll see.

ETA: I started a bump thread!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #19
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm trying to take advantage of having waves of nausea instead of constant nausea! I managed to clean up the kitchen (2 days worth!) and have my 3rd load of laundry going (though none folded). And managed to get DD to paint some paper green. We'll add red to it tomorrow and have Christmas wrapping paper!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #20
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD is napping and I am trying to decide if I should nap or if I should get up and work on sewing Christmas presents