Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #51
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

I wish I could have kept running, but one of the oddest early pregnancy symptoms was how absolutely sick I was all day long on the days when I got up to run.

then I found out I was pregnant and it made sense. and then I couldn't run because I was winded at 1/4 of a mile (I get winded easy and pregnancy just lays it on me)... lol and then I was exhausted and lazy :P now I walk. because I have to do something.

if it hurts - don't do it! not worth it. Try walking. You'll get back into the running once baby comes. but listen to your body.

Advertisement

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 12-04-2012 at 08:29 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #52
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Elena, I will be moving in with my mom and step dad. My dad and step mom live a mile down the road and my ILs live 2 hrs away so I will have lots of help and company. My mom/step-dad are awesome. Last time DS was 6 months old and they never let me cook and only cleaning at my insistence. They are just what DS and I need! Especially if I had any bed rest.Do your kids enjoy decorating with you? I love sneaking dessert after ds is in bed.
Sounds like a good place for you to be, then!

My kids LOVE to decorate and get ready for Christmas! They bought gifts for each other on Friday and were really happy and excited about that, too - DS2 says we should only put who the gifts are "to" this year and leave it a surprise who they're "from"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I'm praying that the baby is unwrapped by the next ultrasound... just trying to relax.
and Really, there's nothing you can do about it other than agree to keep a closer watch on baby if the cord remains wrapped, kwim? It's not like a diet change or something like that would make any difference. You just have to breathe and make the best choices for baby's health and safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Afm:ive had a short fuse for.several days now. Everything sets me off i hate feelkng this way. Now that the busy time is over i should be relaxed, but im anxious for some reason. No other updates here. Boring once again
Days like that are rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Afm, I am feeling accomplished today. (1)I arranged for my rental car to finally get my car fixed. Dropping that off today after nap. (2) found an ob with a good hospital that will take me (maybe its an Illinois thing but they seriously hesitated, too). (3) called my current OB to ask a few more questions and let him know I am gonna move. (4) started my packing and moving lists. (5) arranged for child care for my dog's appt. (6) and started looking for a place to make some boooyy footies!!
Phew! I'm tired just reading all that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I'm sorry I haven't caught up on the chat but I had my 20 week appointment today , u/s next Tuesday, nothing exciting except my next appointment ill schedule with the other midwife so I'm familiar with both and she really wants me to take the breast feeding class at the hospital.
Boring is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I know this sounds silly but I am feeling really really pregnant lately!

I was not feeling it last week and then boom--having hard time breathing, getting slower, not so easy moving around!
Good that you're feeling pregnant, though unfortunate that you're feeling the not-so-great parts so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
last night was no fun.. baby didn't move AT ALL. usually when I wake up to pee, I lay back down and feel baby moving around. Nope, not last night. A few random kicks today, but nothing consistent.
Definitely worrisome when Hiccup is quiet - he's still having 3-4 days of lots of movement and then a day or 2 of not much movement, then back to dancing again.
Could be how your baby is turned, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
But I was sitting there today going "wow that is a weird feeling!" I think baby was doing jumping jacks directly on my bladder.
I keep having forgetful moments when I feel wiggling and for a second I think "That's a strange feeling from my bladder." Then I remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I feel super pregnant too. I feel like a need a forklift to get off the couch! And I've been having heartburn... 1st thing in the morning! Yuck!
Oh yeesh, the heartburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I have felt nudges on my bladder and cervix, not sure how that works with him transverse
o.O

I could barely keep my eyes open until i went pee and came back to a full water bottke spilled on my end table.........so i got that cleaned, then ate sone pb off the spoon and decided to mske pb cookies.....went to pee again and came back to a 2yo almost with her hand in the sugar canister. I cant even pee without her making trouble. It drives me nuts
He's laying sideways but facing down, so kicking and punching there. I got a couple good cervical shoves the other day - ouch!

2 year olds are... interesting. And combine one with pregnancy hormones?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
Anyone run through their pregnancies and have any tips? I use a preggo belt to try to hold up some of the weight but it still hurts. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry I have no advice, I don't run ever - pregnant or not. you get something figured out to be more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
We get off for Christmas break next week, and then we have 24 days off!! We are going to visit family across the country.
That's a long break - have fun!

AFM: Busy here. Got the tree up and let it sit yesterday, got it decorated tonight

And the kids at Bethlehem Live on the weekend...

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #53
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Cute tree and kiddos!!!!!
Definitely praying today is better than yesterday.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #54
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cute kids!!!

AFM: DH got sick this morning. Ok this is going to sound horrible but----I am secretly happy. My dh is an awesome person but he has no sympathy for some things and sickness is one of them. He has worked on these traits but sometimes it is not shown. So on Sat when I got sick and was sick this week I kind of felt like I was putting him out bc I was sick. He kept giving me lists of things to do. And then yesterday morning I just went off on him. I told him he was making me feel guilty that I was sick. Well today he is sick and I am getting my list started LOL! Well I probably will not I will probably just take care of him. But it sounded like a good plan.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #55
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the pics Elena!!!

We had a premarital session with our minister last night and I always leave feeling really good
Yesterday DS had another hearing test, and his hearing has just been getting worse and worse. So I've been on the phone and waiting for calls back and such as his ENT and audiologist talk about our next steps and making appointments, and talking to his school. I'm very lucky that my Dad works a non-traditional schedule and will be off almost all next week and has offered to do some of the driving for the smaller appointments so I don't need to miss work.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #56
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I love the pics Elena!!!

We had a premarital session with our minister last night and I always leave feeling really good
Yesterday DS had another hearing test, and his hearing has just been getting worse and worse. So I've been on the phone and waiting for calls back and such as his ENT and audiologist talk about our next steps and making appointments, and talking to his school. I'm very lucky that my Dad works a non-traditional schedule and will be off almost all next week and has offered to do some of the driving for the smaller appointments so I don't need to miss work.
So sorry about the hearing. Are you considering cochlear implants? I know he's probably older than the average patient, but since he originally had hearing that makes him a better candidate for older implantation. Hope everything goes well! That makes it hard for you to deal with the school when everything is constantly changing!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #57
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
So sorry about the hearing. Are you considering cochlear implants? I know he's probably older than the average patient, but since he originally had hearing that makes him a better candidate for older implantation. Hope everything goes well! That makes it hard for you to deal with the school when everything is constantly changing!
No not yet. We haven't really even discussed it with his ENT yet, except that at some point he could qualify. From what I've researched its really best to use hearing aides as long as possible because once you get CI you cannot go back. So somehow in 20 years they find a cure to his condition, he couldn't go back. But thats just what I've gotten from my online research. Yes, the school has no other HI/HOH kids, so they are learning as we go, and then that things keep changing I'm sure is confusing them. I'm eager for the Deaf/HOH teacher to get in there and start working with them. The school nurse called me this morning because Wyatt was complaining to his teacher that his ear was itching and they weren't sure what to do. I'm glad they call me, I'd rather them call me for every little thing then just to ignore it incase it was something bigger but it was kind of funny.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #58
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
No not yet. We haven't really even discussed it with his ENT yet, except that at some point he could qualify. From what I've researched its really best to use hearing aides as long as possible because once you get CI you cannot go back. So somehow in 20 years they find a cure to his condition, he couldn't go back.
There's a lot of different opinions. The problem with hearing aids is as the loss gets more severe, hair cell damage from sensorineural hearing loss already distorts sound to a degree, and then the more you amplify the more you distort a sound, so there becomes a point where they just aren't effective. To some extent it doesn't matter if they can fix it in 20 years if he can't really hear now, KWIM? But I would stick with hearing aids as long as he's getting real benefit from them, they rarely implant prior to severe to profound hearing loss. DD1 has bilateral implants due to Auditory Neuropathy because hearing aids were not effective for her, and it's been amazing to see the change. But it is true that she is not deaf without her implants, though she basically was prior to them anyway. It all just depends!

AFM: I am wearing my first ever pair of maternity leggings today. I want to wear them all the time. Why are there even other kinds of maternity pants??? These are soooo comfy...

Last edited by mibarra; 12-05-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #59
mdm81888
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post

I'm feeling HUGE already. I went to a couple parties over the weekend, and everyone commented on how big I am already compared to my last two. Then one of my 7th grade students told me she knows a lady that is 8 months pregnant with twins and her belly is the same size as mine. Um, thanks.
Don't you just love middle schoolers? I teach 6-8 remedial math and one of my 8th graders told me a few days ago that I didn't look pregnant just that I looked like I really liked cookies! but then others have been really sweet so far.

AFM: getting ready for Christmas is keeping me really busy. I've been reading along but haven't had much time to post. Got the baby registry done this past week. I think DH and I spent 3 hrs at Baby's R Us. ugh.

Last edited by mdm81888; 12-05-2012 at 02:33 PM.
mdm81888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #60
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Oooh. I can't wait to do a registry. I love baby shopping!!