Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #21
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just a vent about MIL and Cd's

MILs drive me up a wall!!!!!!

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #22
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

Man I hope that one day I am a good MIL!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #23
mom2corag
Registered Users
seller
seller

Some occassional babysitters would use cloth, but were resistant to it, so I would pack both cloth and disposables in the bag becauase I appreciated the help we were getting with free childcare, and I had sposies from baby shower gifts. I (sneakily) managed to convert them all by putting sposies, but the cheapest, worst sposies I could find (and I thought that the toys R us ones were terrible) so that every time they changed my kid into a sposie, it leaked all over the place and they had to clean up the up the back poo... and soon they realized that hey, she's always wearing a cloth diaper when she arrives and that one never leaks, but as soon as I put on this sposie, it leaks all over the place.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #24
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
How long is your hair appt? I would tell her to just not change the baby until you get back? Unless of course it's poopy or something. I think your MIL is being ridiculous. It's not like she's watching he all day an changing huge amounts of diapers.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My MIL is the sweetest person on the planet (sometimes a real pushover) and she's so impressed with our diapers compared with the prefolds and pins she used.

Her big hurdle? The wetbag! I always keep one in the diaper bag in the section with the clean diaper and tell her in advance that it's there. She hasn't used it once and she usually watches DS once per week. Sometimes the dirty diaper is in a separate section of the diaper bag, sometimes in a grocery bag. Most recently, DS pooped at their place (thankfully 100% contained in a flushable liner) and MIL put the used diaper on the floor of their utility closet!
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #26
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential1892 View Post
I just don't have my in-laws watch the baby for me. I can't stand them anyways and there is nothing in the world that would be so important as to have me interact with them- I'd rather have my hair look like cousin it.
I'm right there with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2corag View Post
Some occassional babysitters would use cloth, but were resistant to it, so I would pack both cloth and disposables in the bag becauase I appreciated the help we were getting with free childcare, and I had sposies from baby shower gifts. I (sneakily) managed to convert them all by putting sposies, but the cheapest, worst sposies I could find (and I thought that the toys R us ones were terrible) so that every time they changed my kid into a sposie, it leaked all over the place and they had to clean up the up the back poo... and soon they realized that hey, she's always wearing a cloth diaper when she arrives and that one never leaks, but as soon as I put on this sposie, it leaks all over the place.
That is awesome... passive aggressive at its best
sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #27
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2corag View Post
I find this very contradictory. You will pack both cloth & disposable because you appreciate free childcare - but if they choose disposables you are going to make sure it is a disgusting mess (for them AND your child)? I'm sorry, that doesn't seem appreciative to me.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #28
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My MIL babysat my oldest once and I came home (from a Dr visit) to my newborn in a busting and leaking sposie (we did not use CDs back then) and he was screaming and my DH had just got home and was trying to get him a bottle fixed. You could tell the scream was far beyond what it should have been and I told her to change him every hour or he'd be rashed up really bad (and he was). She has never baby sat again and never will.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #29
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mom is really weird about it. She's made us some, bought some, and still hates them. She'll tell people its really expensive to diaper 3 kids full time, and she still hates them. She will change them is she absolutely has to, and J has to wear them or she gets rashy. But she wants paper for the other two.
kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #30
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24
MILs drive me up a wall!!!!!!
Lol!!! My thoughts exactly!!