Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #11
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: s/o: Would you pump for older children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapondi View Post
I don't get much when I pump so I wouldn't. But more power to those who can.
I can't pump either, according to my pump my last child gained weight on air cause I had no "proof" of milk after pumping

IF I did have the supply some friends do (they could feed blocks worth) then I'd happily pump and think it's a great benefit to older babes

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #12
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: s/o: Would you pump for older children?

I've thought about giving my 5 year old breast milk, particularly when she's getting a cold that I've already gotten over - with her asthma colds hit her pretty hard. I've not done it yet, but I do think about it.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD#3 weaned 4 months ago at 14 months due to my supply tanking during pregnancy. She is 18 months now (I'm due in 6 weeks) and has had a few colds (thank you daycare) so I started giving her milk I had in our deep freezer from this summer. I kinda forgot it was there until I put a turkey in there before thanksgiving! She seems to prefer it to cows milk so I've been giving it in the morning and before bed. As long as my supply is good again this time I think I'll pump for her when able. Of course the newbie will get first priority but with pumping when I returned to work last time I produced enough for baby and enough to have quite a freezer stash.

Question though, I have noticed since starting to give her bm a few days ago that she is pooping more than normal, its softer and kinda green...think its from the change from cows milk to bm?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
I've done it with leftover from the end of the bottle or when they had the stomach flu to help keep them hydrated.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote