Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #21
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: When do you wrap presents?

I usually wrap them as soon as the Christmas tree goes up, which is right around the first. Pour a rum n nog and wrap them all up and put them under the tree. When I had a little one who would get into them I put a gate around the tree. This year, my youngest is so attached to me, I have been sneaking in wrapping a few here and there since she doesn't let me put her down for long.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #22
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I don't like Christmas but I actually love wrapping presents, so my friend and I get together sometime the week before Christmas with wine and I wrap all our presents (her family and mine) and she does bows which I'm horrible at. The only downside is having to transport all the gifts. We switch houses every year.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #23
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

I usually wrap as I buy, so Im not spending hours on Christmas eve doing it! This year is crazy though. We are having a party with our family here on the 18th, so Im wrapping and separating those. We're giving our kids their bigger gifts before we leave on vacation so those need to be wrapped. Not sure when we'll let them open those, but it might also be an exchange with my parents and brothers. Then we're driving to MO and leaving the gifts and everything for family there at my MILs, so those all need to be wrapped. Staying overnight there and then driving to Canada, where we will be bringing some gifts to give our kids on Christmas day, cards and ornaments and such for family. None of that can be wrapped because theyll want to see as we cross the border, BUT I have to keep them separated and somehow keep the kids from finding that box. lol

So we are all over the place this year. I just hope I don't forget something and its already feeling crazy hecktic trying to keep everything organized!
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #24
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

We put everything together a couple of weeks before Christmas (cut all zip ties, remove all difficult packaging, put batteries in everything, any actual assembly, etc). The week of Christmas we do our wrapping. Sometimes we do it all in one night, sometimes we spread it out over a couple nights. This year I will probably still be pregnant that week, so I will skip the customary giant glass of red wine that I usually reward myself with for present wrapping.

Before and after wrapping, the presents go into a cupboard in the garage until Christmas eve after the kiddos are in bed.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #25
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wrap them as I get them, but they won't go under the tree until Christmas Eve as my littlest would open them. My older kids know where they are (tightly packed in bags or boxes), but they know that if something gets unwrapped they don't get it.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I usually wrap the week before Christmas & spread it out over a few nights. I almost always run out of tape or paper & have to go out & get more. I don't think I could risk saving it all for Christmas Eve.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #27
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Its tradition at my house to wrap Christmas Eve when the kids go to sleep. I usually over buy wrapping paper to make sure I have enough and then store what I don't use for the next year. SO and I have our time and have a drink and wrap away!
dncegrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #28
Mommy of 2girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Christmas Eve, dh and I wrap, well I mostly wrap, dh watches, while we watch It's A Wonderful Life
Old 12-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #29
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

When i can before hand!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #30
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I made fabric bags last year. We will reuse them this year. Just drop the present in, write the tag, hole punch the tag, and tie it up with a ribbon. (I keep the ribbons by putting them inside the bag so it gets reused too.) It takes about 30 seconds.

DS and DH can now "wrap" what they buy and there is no mess later! I was never really a fan of wrapping gifts so it really simplifies things!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote