Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #21
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Also---I've had so many losses at this point that there are a jillion babies that I know born on or around those pregnancies---so many friends' babies who were due near when I was or born when I miscarried, etc. I'm getting pretty good at not paying attention to that sort of thing at this point.

And YAY for being seen adn quickly! Is it just a regular OB checkup or will they do more?

AFM:
My next appointment is my surgery, so I'm really nervous. Can we skip to Dec 20th? The anticipation of being sewn up so this baby will have a harder time sneaking out and the fear of somethign going wrong in surgery are making me CRAZY.
I kwym. I had trouble with the first miscarriage, when I saw a pregnant belly or baby born when that bean would have been, but then there were 4 more, and that's a lot to kinda keep track of, kwim? I do still have troubles with seeing babies born in June, when Elli was due. It's getting better, but not all better yet.

I have no idea what they're planning for this appt - although, I won't consent to much anyways. A regular check (weight, bp, fundal height, and hb), and then my platelets being checked is all I'll agree to. There will definitely be no physical exams, and if they're wanting more u/s (though I can't see why they would) I won't go to the u/s dept at the hospital there - I'd go back to the small hospital we were at, though.
I think it's just a normal appt - my last prenatal (lol, my first prenatal) was at 19 weeks, and this one will be 22 weeks, so that's about right timing-wise.
The cruddy thing is that I was kinda hoping for the OB office to hold off until way later again - it's so much easier to get in to see my fam Dr cuz he's open on Saturdays for a few hours! With the OB, I have to get there during the week, and there's always a wait time.

for you to have less worries about this appt - though I completely understand those worries and think it's totally reasonable! But it is the best choice for you and baby, no doubts about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
How true do you all find the "nub theory" to be with determining gender from a 12 week ultrasound
I can't figure out the whole thing - I've seen u/s pics and read all about it, and I just don't see it.

AFM: Going to see Fred Penner today at DH's colony (where he's teaching this year)!!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #22
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

AFM:
My next appointment is my surgery, so I'm really nervous. Can we skip to Dec 20th? The anticipation of being sewn up so this baby will have a harder time sneaking out and the fear of somethign going wrong in surgery are making me CRAZY.

Also, tech thinks this one is a GIRL, so I'm wrapping my head around that still---WEIRD. Thinking of names...Ainsley Charlotte, Ailee Carmen, and Tierney Renee (middle names interchangeable still) are on the table. Boy names? Psh! NO idea---middle name will 95% be William after my grandpa who died in 2000. Other than that, we're totally stumped. We have an Axton Joseph and a Deagan Kieran already, so we like unusual first names (but REAL names spelled properly and pronounced correctly---and we trend toward Irish/Scottish/Gaelic/OldEnglish sorts of names, apparently, haha) but we like to keep the middle names more traditional in case the kid grows up to hate it (my first name is Princess and I often go by my middle name Marie, especially for business purposes and online where its more of a pain in the tush to explain).
So sorry about the surgery but you will feel better when it is over and you have peace of mind that baby will stay put. I always worry about something going wrong but it rarely does. Try to do small things to calm yourself down and get your mind off of everything. I like to watch wedding shows

I LOVE Ailee Carmen, SO pretty! Axton Joseph is very manly, it speaks to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
:
I can't figure out the whole thing - I've seen u/s pics and read all about it, and I just don't see it.
Me neither!

AFM: SO over work right now. Christmas break needs to hurry up already. I am wondering if I will be able to go back to teaching in Jan. I just want to eat, nest and love on my baby girls while they are my first born onlys.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #23
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Marie, GL with the surgery. I'm sure you'll feel great once it's over and done with, but I understand being nervous. Your names are really cool...classic, but still unique I'm partial to Renee as a middle, as that's my middle and this baby's, too...Catherine Renée.

I'm kinda this way and that way over the whole royal baby. I've been worried that people will assume that we picked Catherine after the princess (we didn't) and now with all the extra hype, it's going to be more obnoxious. Oh, well. I guess I feel bad for them, and I worry...what if she has a m/c? It sucks to go through one, let alone with the whole world watching. I wish privacy was respected more, but I guess that's the life you get when you're a royal.

My SIL had her second daughter yesterday I'm super excited for them, but admittedly, it's bittersweet. They announced their pregnancy days after I had my m/c (they don't know about it even now), and that was hard. Like, really, really hard. Of course, I'm excited to be pregnant now...and after all, if my poor baby lived, I wouldn't have been blessed with this new soul, but its all such a strange jumble of emotion. I haven't talked much about it, not even to DH. It's just...weird. But, my little niece is ADORABLE so even if she always reminds me of my little angel, it'll be okay. It's not like I'll be forgetting my angel baby anyway, right?
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #24
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry
Aww, Marie... I want to speed up this month, too, and you'll feel sooo much better once your cervix is sealed up tightly!!! ... Dec 19th is my Nuchal scan, and the 20th is my son's birthday... plus, I am sooo ready to have him out for Christmas break... this mama could use that time to sleep in an extra hour or two in the morning... I am sooo tired all the time!

How true do you all find the "nub theory" to be with determining gender from a 12 week ultrasound? My nuchal is Dec 19 and I'll be 12w3d... so I'm really hoping to get them to print a good profile shot with the nub shot so I can share it here and see what y'all think. It's really fun to try and predict gender.
Nub was right with this one so far! We confirm gender next visit (18th I'm gonna talk them into an u/s post surgery to calm me).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
for you to have less worries about this appt - though I completely understand those worries and think it's totally reasonable! But it is the best choice for you and baby, no doubts about that.
I have the hardest time with babies born when D was due or born too. The others I am okay with, but he is much harder.

As for the surgery, yeah. I know it's best but it has its own set of risks and any risk scares me at this point, even if it significantly lowers future risks!

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #26
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible

So sorry about the surgery but you will feel better when it is over and you have peace of mind that baby will stay put. I always worry about something going wrong but it rarely does. Try to do small things to calm yourself down and get your mind off of everything. I like to watch wedding shows

I LOVE Ailee Carmen, SO pretty! Axton Joseph is very manly, it speaks to me
I think I'm getting stress migraines from this whole thing. I have a headache all day every day!

And DH picked Ailee and Carmen, I prefer Charlotte, haha. No siding with him!!!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #27
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915
Marie, GL with the surgery. I'm sure you'll feel great once it's over and done with, but I understand being nervous. Your names are really cool...classic, but still unique I'm partial to Renee as a middle, as that's my middle and this baby's, too...Catherine Renée.
Thanks. I want names that will stand up across time and not be making my kid into an Jenny B or a Jason B, ya know ?

Renee is my BFFs middle and Carmen was DH's sister-who-died-as-a-baby's middle

Old 12-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #28
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

All this name discussion is making me want to share the name we chose and why.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #29
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Do it!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #30
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:

AFM:

Also, tech thinks this one is a GIRL, so I'm wrapping my head around that still---WEIRD. Thinking of names...Ainsley Charlotte, Ailee Carmen, and Tierney Renee (middle names interchangeable still) are on the table. Boy names? Psh! NO idea---middle name will 95% be William after my grandpa who died in 2000. Other than that, we're totally stumped. We have an Axton Joseph and a Deagan Kieran already, so we like unusual first names (but REAL names spelled properly and pronounced correctly---and we trend toward Irish/Scottish/Gaelic/OldEnglish sorts of names, apparently, haha) but we like to keep the middle names more traditional in case the kid grows up to hate it (my first name is Princess and I often go by my middle name Marie, especially for business purposes and online where its more of a pain in the tush to explain).
Hope December flies by for you, so you can get some peace of mind after the surgery. I like your names, especially Ainsley Charlotte. I think it's great that you are giving your kids an 'out' if they don't like their first name as they grow up. I've never though about that, but my names are always very traditional names. One thing I do want to make sure is that we call the child by the first name we give them. My name is Sarah Kate, but my parents never intended to use the Sarah, they just thought it sounded better than Kate Sarah. So I had to correct people all the time to call me Kate. But Dr.'s call me Sarah, even my OB does. Did you go by your first name growing up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
You'll be able to share soon enough. I like to keep the chosen name quiet until baby is born. I don't wanna hear my families opinions on what we chose. I have a girl name picked out and always call my baby by that name in my head. No idea what we'll do if we find out it's a boy.

AFM: Today would have been Jack's due date. It's kinda crazy to think that. Seems like just yesterday that we lost him. I'm very thankful that I got pregnant soon after, somehow it makes this day a little easier. I find myself wondering if this baby will be born on the year anniversary of our loss. My due date is 5/29, we lost Jack on 5/18. I actually think I would like that. My DD's bday is 10/15 which is also pregnancy/infant loss remembrance day.