Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #41
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive View Post
Me either. Unless its just bc she sells cottonbabies products?
I could be wrong about this and will gladly retract if I am wrong but it seems like with every negative CB thread, KBTM customers come out of the woodwork to comment, "that's why I order from Kissed By the Moon." I believe the owner has been vocal about her unhappiness with Cottonbabies as well.

Advertisement

acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #42
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwakip

I could be wrong about this and will gladly retract if I am wrong but it seems like with every negative CB thread, KBTM customers come out of the woodwork to comment, "that's why I order from Kissed By the Moon." I believe the owner has been vocal about her unhappiness with Cottonbabies as well.
Exactly. I do not support kbtm.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #43
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607

Exactly. I do not support kbtm.
I'm so confused. Is there like a CB vs kbtm thing?
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #44
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
I'm so confused. Is there like a CB vs kbtm thing?
That is the impression I have always gotten.

I went to bed and thought, "I hate the word gotten! What was I thinking???"

Last edited by acwakip; 12-06-2012 at 08:39 AM.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #45
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

That is the impression I have always gotten.
So weird.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:04 AM   #46
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Weird. I always support whichever store can give me the beat price. I am afraid I do not have any brand loyalty.

I don't get expecting something (even a thank you) in exchange for doing the right thing. Complaining about not being thanked seems kinda petty to me. Op certainly has the right to complain all she wants. I just don't see what the big deal is. CB forgot to pat her on the back. Bad CB. They forgot their manners.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #47
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

This! And it was kinda my feeling from the start. Lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #48
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
Weird. I always support whichever store can give me the beat price. I am afraid I do not have any brand loyalty.
Same here. If I have a bad experience, I tend to avoid that retailer in the future.

OP, I have no problem with your vent because it was just that. A vent. People can start vent threads about whatever they like. This has turned into a box of worms!! And FWIW, I would have expected some sort of thank you in the email too, although CB is a large enough company that it prob wouldn't have surprised me if I didn't receive one. :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012

Last edited by Alaga; 12-06-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #49
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by buko View Post
Errrrmmm... OOH, I aim to provide stellar customer service in my online business, and this was not that. I can understand being miffed.

But I... How do I put this? There was a lot of emphasis on how you deserved (effusive?) gratitude for simply doing the right thing. I mean, not just deserved it (which I'm not saying you didn't!), but to the point where, since you didn't receive said gratitude, you will never shop with them again-- so, really deserved it, I guess. I guess I'm a little put-off by the "I COULD have been totally dishonest, but I wasn't" part, YKWIM?

That said, per above, it certainly wasn't "above and beyond" customer service, and they did miss a great opportunity to make you an even more loyal customer. And of course, you're welcome to shop or not shop anywhere you like.
I agree. When I was a little girl I was shopping with my mom and found a woman's purse with a wallet in it. I saw a man and woman nearby so I went over and asked the man if it belonged to them. He thanked me and said "Babe! This little girl found your purse!". She barely glanced in my direction and mumbled a thanks. I remember being disappointed that she didn't seem happier and telling my mom that I thought maybe she would have given me money for returning it (anyone read "Farmer Boy" and the story of Almanzo returning the wallet? ). My mom said "Well honey, you did the right thing and that's what matters. You should feel good about what you did.". OP, you DID do the right thing and CB didn't show gratitude. It's disappointing but don't let it lessen how good you feel over doing the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post

I don't get expecting something (even a thank you) in exchange for doing the right thing. Complaining about not being thanked seems kinda petty to me. Op certainly has the right to complain all she wants. I just don't see what the big deal is. CB forgot to pat her on the back. Bad CB. They forgot their manners.
Same here! Sometimes I feel guilty about it but then I realize (or justify) it's a good thing to be supporting LOTS of mamas rather than just one.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #50
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwakip View Post
Yeah--what is with the "that is why I order from KBM" comments. It seems like every neg post is then emphisized with that statement.