Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacandoit
Has anyone done the plastibell method?
There was just a thread about different methods of circ in the pregnancy forum and plastibell was discussed...

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: to circ or not to circ

No it's not weird to not circ a subsequent child, in fact, it's becoming pretty popular
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #13
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

I don't think it is weird to not circ. My DH and DS are circ'd and I already told DH that if we ever had another boy I would not do it again. Not because of all the intactivists and their horror stories etc (they actually REALLY turn me off) but because of how I felt when DS had it done. He didn't have any problems with his and it is a loose circ which my ped said is good but when he came back from having it done it was so awful. I just felt horrific for doing that to my little baby. Since I only have sisters it was just something I was really uninformed about. I guess I don't know what I was expecting but it was just much worse than I though. Anyways, that is personally why I would not have a problem having 1 circ'd and others not.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #14
mommy2fourmunchkins
Registered Users
seller

We have three boys with a forth due in march. Dh and the three older boys are all circ. we are seriously considering leaving this little man intact. Circ'ing is what I always thought we'd do and never thought twice until I landed in the cloth diaper world and started reading.

We never had the plastibell with any of them.
*~*Amanda- US Navy wife to David, mommy to Kaiden (2/1/05), Kyndal (7/18/07), Identical Twins Rowan and Ryder (8/20/09), surrogate mother to Maddie (3/8/2011) and our newest rainbow, Everett (1/23/13)
mommy2fourmunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

My dh and oldest ds are circd but my youngest 2 ds's are not, and will not be. The only reason my oldest ds is circd though is because he was born with hypospadias. We were not going to circ him. He had his corrective surgery at 9 months old and they used part of his forskin to reconstruct his urethra. He only had about a half a forskin though due to the hypospadias. He came home on heavy duty pain meds after his surgery. We won't ever choose to circ even though 2 of the males in our house are circd. My son never notices any difference between him and his brother.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by 7 for now; 12-06-2012 at 09:13 AM.
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think it would be weird not to circ your little boy solely because his brother & father are.

My husband is circumcised, as are all 3 of our boys. However, due to the fact that my feelings & thoughts on the entire idea have changed drastically since we had our last little boy 4 years ago, I had decided long before getting pregnant with LO6 that if it were a boy, he would not be circumcised.

Although I honestly wouldn't anticipate it to be an issue, if the question of why his penis "looked different" than daddy & brothers came up, I would just explain to him the classic, "everyone is different and that's perfectly ok" until he were old enough to understand that they are circumcised and he is not, which is also perfectly ok.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #17
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacandoit View Post
Has anyone done the plastibell method?
Unfortunately, yes. I never took the time to educate myself on the different ways of circumcision. Honestly, prior to AFTER having my last son, I never took the time to educate myself regarding circumcision at all. I just assumed it was "the thing" to do. :/ Anyhow, our pediatrican did their circumcisions and the plastibell method is what he used.. on all 3 of them. Thank goodness they never experienced any complications from it and they all healed quickly and without incident. They are 4, 5, and 6 years old and they have plenty of skin left for growth. Had I know better at the time, Plastibell wouldn't have been an option. Then again, if I knew what I know now, circumcision wouldn't have been an option... period.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #18
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There is nothing wrong with circing one and not the other. It's unlikely they'll even notice. All body parts look different - ears, noses, ect. and usually you don't hear kids asking why theirs looks different than brothers, or dads.

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 12-09-2012 at 06:53 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #19
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

I think it would be very normal to leave the new baby intact. It seems like more and more babies in the U.S. are intact, many of which have circumcised older siblings.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #20
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajewels View Post
Unfortunately, yes. I never took the time to educate myself on the different ways of circumcision. Honestly, prior to AFTER having my last son, I never took the time to educate myself regarding circumcision at all. I just assumed it was "the thing" to do. :/ Anyhow, our pediatrican did their circumcisions and the plastibell method is what he used.. on all 3 of them. Thank goodness they never experienced any complications from it and they all healed quickly and without incident. They are 4, 5, and 6 years old and they have plenty of skin left for growth. Had I know better at the time, Plastibell wouldn't have been an option. Then again, if I knew what I know now, circumcision wouldn't have been an option... period.
This is my case exactly. Until I began cloth diapering and reading here on diaperswappers, I didn't educate myself on circumcisions at all. I have 3 boys, 13, 9 and 2 and they were all circ'd with the plasti bell method (I thank God we have not had any problems). I don't even think that I was ever asked if there was another procedure I preferred to do the circumcision. Looking back, there are many things that I have read deeper into that I wish I had read before I started having children ~ circumcision being one of those.

But to answer the question, yes, our dr circ'd using the plastibell method with all three of my sons. We have had no issues with any of their circs. Would I do it again? NOPE!
www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote