Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #41
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

I've been lurking on here since getting my BFP. I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks and 2 days in August and now am 7 weeks 2 days... and spotting pink

I *know* that spotting can be totally normal. I spotted for 5 weeks with my DD. I even spotted with this one for about 2 weeks. But I have been spot free for awhile now... I am so nervous. Waiting for the nurse to call me back.

We are supposed to go out of town this weekend. I was going to wait out the spotting but if I'm going to miscarry, I'd rather do it at home than on the road somewhere.

I'm so sad. I don't want to do this again.

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #42
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorwithwords View Post
any spotting I've had has meant bad things, so I know the worry and fear that comes with seeing any slight tinge of pink.

that your bean is snuggled in there, safe and sound, and this spotting is nothing major - better yet, that it stops all on its own and doesn't come back.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #43
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorwithwords
I've been lurking on here since getting my BFP. I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks and 2 days in August and now am 7 weeks 2 days... and spotting pink

I *know* that spotting can be totally normal. I spotted for 5 weeks with my DD. I even spotted with this one for about 2 weeks. But I have been spot free for awhile now... I am so nervous. Waiting for the nurse to call me back.

We are supposed to go out of town this weekend. I was going to wait out the spotting but if I'm going to miscarry, I'd rather do it at home than on the road somewhere.

I spotted with ALL of mine except this one (so far). My 2 healthy kiddos (my loss of my 2nd some as due to a bad cervix, but he was 100% healthy) both had pink spotting too---one due to placenta previa for a week before the small placental tear healed and the other unexplained spotting from 4-11 weeks (followed by 13 totally healthy perfect weeks before my cervix gave out because it is incompetent).

So, I hope your spotting is the normal kind that goes away and leaves you with a healthy baby---but I've also had spotting with 5 other pregnancies that ended in a miscarriage at some point later, so I know the fear and know how scary it is.

I've never made it this far without bleeding, so I'm constantly looking at it like I'm gonna find the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body on the TP.

Best of luck and lots of prayers to you.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #44
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've had spotting with all 4 of my pregnancies. One did end in m/c, but 3 times everything turned out just fine. Even when it was a m/c, the spotting happened weeks before the actual m/c and was really unrelated...probably just typical cervical issues that plague lots of us in early pregnancy. I know how scary it is...hopefully this is just that stressful scary kind of spotting that goes away soon.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #45
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks everyone. It turned brown pretty much right away. I did call the dr and am getting an ultrasound tomorrow morning. At least ill know if I need to cancel my weekend travels!

With my mc I spotted on and off for a week before fully bleeding so even that it is going away isn't very reassuring, yanno?
Old 12-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #46
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
I've never made it this far without bleeding, so I'm constantly looking at it like I'm gonna find the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body on the TP.
Though your post was serious, this made me , Marie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorwithwords View Post
Thanks everyone. It turned brown pretty much right away. I did call the dr and am getting an ultrasound tomorrow morning. At least ill know if I need to cancel my weekend travels!

With my mc I spotted on and off for a week before fully bleeding so even that it is going away isn't very reassuring, yanno?
Brown is good... well, better anyways. it stay away now and you have a wonderful u/s tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #47
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Though your post was serious, this made me , Marie!
I am mostly serious! I am obsessed with looking for pink on TP---I have anxiety issues!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #48
abhernandez
Registered Users

I think we all suffer from the obsessive compulsive tp checking syndrome... I had to cold turkey quit tp analysis when I realized I was analyzing the colors of the fibers. Haha
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #49
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I moved my ticker into its VERY LAST color today!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so happy for you!!!! But seriously... where did all that time go? How is it already December? And I'm so hyped to hear your name choice!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #50
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
I am mostly serious! I am obsessed with looking for pink on TP---I have anxiety issues!
Oh, I know it - I was the same way through the first trimester, and still some days I get that anxiety and have to check. Just the way you worded it made me

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
I think we all suffer from the obsessive compulsive tp checking syndrome... I had to cold turkey quit tp analysis when I realized I was analyzing the colors of the fibers. Haha
They should not be allowed to make toilet paper with pink tinged fibers!