Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Labeling Legos

A regular sharpie would work on legos. Permanent markers come in different colors. When DS was little, I put his initials on EVERY hotwheel car or else his cousin would steal them. He's 10 now. 7 years later.... the initials are still there!

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yes if you do want to label them then just a sharpie pen will be fine
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 boys. This thread is making me consider banning all Legos from our house in the future.

It's already started with the thomas trains... Sigh.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #14
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, if you can't talk sense into her (kidding ) a sharpie would work fine. She's going to make herself crazy though...
Old 12-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #15
IndoorKitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Has anyone tried the metallic paint sharpie? I am leaning toward silver and gold since they will show on black.

As for suggesting that this is a bad idea, we have a sister treaty that says we will not tell each other how to raise kids, vote, or interpret the Bible. I'm not going to say a word about sorting lest I start receiving lots of forwarded emails.

The remodel isn't going well.
IndoorKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoorKitty View Post
Has anyone tried the metallic paint sharpie? I am leaning toward silver and gold since they will show on black.

As for suggesting that this is a bad idea, we have a sister treaty that says we will not tell each other how to raise kids, vote, or interpret the Bible. I'm not going to say a word about sorting lest I start receiving lots of forwarded emails.

As for the sharpie, yes, the metallic one should work well.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #17
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoorKitty View Post

great motto
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #18
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

I would try the sharpie as well.

And now I'm scared inside, lol. My teen DS bought each of the littles (5 and 3 yo) a bucket of Duplos for Christmas. This will be their first Legos ever, and my 3yo DS already shows a lot of obsessive-compulsive tendencies. Having his particular toys and knowing exactly which are which is one of his obsessions. I have already been playing it all out in my head and have just come to the conclusion that they will just have to share.

I might, MIGHT possibly attempt the Sharpie technique down the road if the sharing becomes a huge problem. I have bad OCD, my teen has it, and I'm certain our 3yo does as well. So I *do* understand why he gets so obsessive about things. If it wrecks his life too much to not know what's his and hers, I think this is a good alternative to the share all we normally do with other toys. And if DS1 had gotten one big bin of Duplos and labeled it as "DD & DS2" and they KNEW it was a shared gift, my 3yo wouldn't notice. But because they'll be wrapped separate and designated as HIS, I'm anticipating problems. Hoping not, but this thread is nice to see because I might be taking the advice here myself. LOL

Hope I didn't hijack too much!

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #19
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Most kinds of paint can be easily scratched from plastic, and marker style paints WILL scratch if not treated well. I would think that it would come off quickly on Legos all thrown in a bin together.
I had a little plastic Barbie television as a child that I pulled the "screen" sticker off of. My dad used a permanent paint marker to draw The Little Mermaid on it so it for me, and he had to touch it up soo many times because it scratched off.

I think a regular sharpie would work better.
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #20
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

Those paint pens come of rather easy on plastic. A dot of nail polish will work better and stay longer.
Rewind_Selector is offline   Reply With Quote