Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Re: another toy question

Hmm, I think creating a toy closet would work well in there. Then most toys would be out of sight an they would have a bit more floor soace as well. Get a dresser with six or nine drawers so you could divide drawers by three. Then maybe just have a bin of socks and shoes ontop of the dresser or in the closet. If its cheaper, get a shelf for the closet and you could chsnge toy storage to clothes and get rid of some bins that way.

Also if you remove the rug the space may seem larger.

Advertisement

happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post
Hmm, I think creating a toy closet would work well in there. Then most toys would be out of sight an they would have a bit more floor soace as well. Get a dresser with six or nine drawers so you could divide drawers by three. Then maybe just have a bin of socks and shoes ontop of the dresser or in the closet. If its cheaper, get a shelf for the closet and you could chsnge toy storage to clothes and get rid of some bins that way.

Also if you remove the rug the space may seem larger.
We have to keep the bins that are on the floor there....thats the stairs to the bed, so if we cant remove them. All of the toy bins are currently off the floor and on the shelves, so not taking up any floor space anyways.

I can move the kitchen into the closet to clear some room, but then I cant hang clothes low enough to the kids to dress themselves.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #13
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

You need triple bunks!

I have no suggestions, it is a small room and 3 kids. It's hard not to feel cramped and busy even if all that was in there was their beds.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #14
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

We have nearly the same set up! All 3 of mine share a room. We have the same Ikea bunks, and a crib right next to it, and they fit snug next to each other. We have 1 trofast storage system (the one that resembles stairs), Ikea wooden kitchen, a larger wooden doll cradle, a Nilo train table, Bookshelf, and dresser all in their room, and they have quite a bit of space to play! I'll try to get a photo of it.

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #15
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Hmmm. Have you purged that closet more? I think you could do a lot with that. Where are the 3 buckets of clothes each? The trofast? Ill bet you could purge that enough to fit all the clothes in the closet and then limit all of your toys to the trofast and get rid of the top shelf buckets altogether.

And if you purge enough of their toys, you could store the playfood with the kitchen and maybe the furniture and dolls in their dollhouse, then you could go down to just the steps and move the taller trofast into the closet for underwear and socks.... or somewhere else in your home where its needed. Can you help them pick out clothes the night before and lay them out so they can dress themselves in the morning without needing the lower railing? You could lay each outfit on one step of the trofast (youngest in the shortest, etc.) If that wont work, i still think you could fit the other items on the shelves in there and just move or sell the extra trofast. That would open it a lot more.

Whats in the three drawer rubbermaid thing? Is it still in there?

Eta: Another idea...since you wouldnt need the clear tubs that are currently on the perimeter shelving, if they fit on the closet shelves, you could use a few of those to organize clothes better

Last edited by harmoni247; 12-06-2012 at 10:21 PM.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote