Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Clean eating support?

I know there's a bunch of mamas who eat clean. I'm hoping for meal ideas and hopefully support.

I have done no carb and it just not a long term diet for me. I need some sort of carbs.
I can't eat sugar because it makes my skin go nutso. Wheat (especially on an empty stomach) makes me tired and does a number on my tummy.
So i am hoping eating clean will be the answer.

Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Clean eating support?

We've been working on this. We actually did a 10 day juice cleanse- well kind of. It was modified so it was some juice with a lot of mostly raw fruits and veggies- no meat, grain carbs, eggs or dairy. It got us off sugar and significantly decreased the amount of eggs, cheese and meat we now eat. And decreased the amount of grain carbs- we love homemade bread in this house so that is saying a lot. I feel like I spend over half the day in the kitchen- in addition to regular kitchen time. But that has more to do with cutting the meat and carbs way back then the clean eating. I do a lot of chopping these days. We're are cautious to much back in and end up spiraling down again.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have a hard time with carbs. I eat some and i just keep eating them all day
Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Check out paleomom.com. Wub her
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
MomMe3
Registered Users

I eat clean and would be happy to help with meal suggestions or ideas. When I plan my meals I usually just think protein + veggie + starch.

For example, a dinner might be baked chicken breast, sweet potato and roasted brussel sprouts. Or I might make a turkey or vegetarian chili and throw in lots of veggies and serve it over quinoa.

If wheat makes you sleepy but you like pasta, explore non-wheat options like quinoa, corn or brown rice noodles, or use half spaghetti squash + have pasta. If you want to invest in a spiraler, you can even make "pasta" from zucchini!
MomMe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMe3 View Post
I eat clean and would be happy to help with meal suggestions or ideas. When I plan my meals I usually just think protein + veggie + starch.

For example, a dinner might be baked chicken breast, sweet potato and roasted brussel sprouts. Or I might make a turkey or vegetarian chili and throw in lots of veggies and serve it over quinoa.

If wheat makes you sleepy but you like pasta, explore non-wheat options like quinoa, corn or brown rice noodles, or use half spaghetti squash + have pasta. If you want to invest in a spiraler, you can even make "pasta" from zucchini!
I just use my veggie peeler to make long strips of zucchini for pasta - works great and I dont need another thing cluttering my kitchen!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
MomMe3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
I just use my veggie peeler to make long strips of zucchini for pasta - works great and I dont need another thing cluttering my kitchen!
I used a mandolin at one point to make veggie noodles. That's another great way to do it!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
cody82414
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bump