Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have a yeast infection I'm treating it with OTC cream. But of course I now start my period. Okay to use cup when I have a yeast I infection?

Eta: not mama cloth likes title says moon cup

Advertisement

menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mc while yeast infection

Yes just clean it good with vinegar. A cup is probably the best thing in the world to use while you have a yeast infection.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't use a cup, but what Gem says sounds good to me. I wonder, however, if tea tree oil might be more effective provided that is not too harsh for the rubbery material?

I thought I'd also chime in that I would be scared to use my mama cloth with a yeast infection b/c there are very few brands that you can boil after the infection is over (New Moon is one brand that you can boil; her work is excellent, but I only have one New Moon pad in use).
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
I don't use a cup, but what Gem says sounds good to me. I wonder, however, if tea tree oil might be more effective provided that is not too harsh for the rubbery material?

I thought I'd also chime in that I would be scared to use my mama cloth with a yeast infection b/c there are very few brands that you can boil after the infection is over (New Moon is one brand that you can boil; her work is excellent, but I only have one New Moon pad in use).
Tea tree oil would work too, I'd dilute it til it was mostly water though because it can be harsh on the girlie parts. That will also help with the yeast. As far as getting yeast out of cloth pads, I'd think just normal washing and running through the dryer would kill it. I'd add a little TTO to the wash water.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for the advice, Gem!
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
aimeelee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the dubious distinction of being a yeast infection queen. I had a mild, recurrent infection for YEARS, literally. And not one health care provider that I saw in that whole time ever told me that it was probably caused by hormonal birth control. I won't touch hormones anymore, but during the years that I was on the pill, I developed resistant yeast. OTC creams do nothing now, antifungals do nothing, even three diflucans in a row...no effect. Because I'm so familiar with how my body presents with yeast, I can catch my infections early, while they are still mild, and the VERY BEST THING I have found for a mild yeast infection is GARLIC. It's inexpensive, it's less messy than those horrible greasy creams, it's holistic, it's effective, and you aren't supporting big pharma. I don't know how it would do against a really raging infection, but here's what you do: peel whole cloves of garlic and put them up there at bedtime. Seriously. I usually use about four at a time, depending on the size. In the morning, take them out (not as difficult as you may think). Some people who use this method thread a needle and string the garlic together for ease of removal, but I've never found that to be necessary. It doesn't have to be at bedtime, but you will smell strongly of garlic, so unless you don't have to leave the house, bedtime is best. Your husband/boyfriend/partner/SO will hopefully understand! One thing to note: if you have little, tiny tears, be careful not to nick the cloves, because the fresh garlic juice will burn a bit. Also, sometimes you'll feel a slight aching. If that happens, use less. Now who's going to call me crazy?!
aimeelee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM Cloth
Yes just clean it good with vinegar. A cup is probably the best thing in the world to use while you have a yeast infection.
Thanks a bunch! I would have never thought in all the world I'd be using a cup. But now I'm going to start bringing it up with friends. Sooooo much better!!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeelee76
I have the dubious distinction of being a yeast infection queen. I had a mild, recurrent infection for YEARS, literally. And not one health care provider that I saw in that whole time ever told me that it was probably caused by hormonal birth control. I won't touch hormones anymore, but during the years that I was on the pill, I developed resistant yeast. OTC creams do nothing now, antifungals do nothing, even three diflucans in a row...no effect. Because I'm so familiar with how my body presents with yeast, I can catch my infections early, while they are still mild, and the VERY BEST THING I have found for a mild yeast infection is GARLIC. It's inexpensive, it's less messy than those horrible greasy creams, it's holistic, it's effective, and you aren't supporting big pharma. I don't know how it would do against a really raging infection, but here's what you do: peel whole cloves of garlic and put them up there at bedtime. Seriously. I usually use about four at a time, depending on the size. In the morning, take them out (not as difficult as you may think). Some people who use this method thread a needle and string the garlic together for ease of removal, but I've never found that to be necessary. It doesn't have to be at bedtime, but you will smell strongly of garlic, so unless you don't have to leave the house, bedtime is best. Your husband/boyfriend/partner/SO will hopefully understand! One thing to note: if you have little, tiny tears, be careful not to nick the cloves, because the fresh garlic juice will burn a bit. Also, sometimes you'll feel a slight aching. If that happens, use less. Now who's going to call me crazy?!
That's a great idea!!! This really wasn't that bad of an infection so I used OTC stuff but would rather do natural methods. I'm not on bc of any sort thank goodness. I got rid of that crap 5 years ago. I will def try the garlic next time! Thanks!!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeelee76 View Post
Now who's going to call me crazy?!
Certainly not me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthomas View Post
Thanks a bunch! I would have never thought in all the world I'd be using a cup. But now I'm going to start bringing it up with friends. Sooooo much better!!
Cups are awesome. My BFF is several years older than me so not menstruating any more but she knew about cups because she was in Germany 30+ years ago and they used them there then and they are very commonly used in European countries. I'm thinking they are easier to talk about to "mainstream" women than cloth pads and easier to wrap your head around.