Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 2013 Weekly Chat: Dec. 3-Dec. 9

I am taking a break before going and sitting in carpool lines. I dropped the kids off this morning and spent the day working at the elementary school's Santa shop. I did pretty well, but thought I was going to have to run for the bathroom when a sweet Grandma volunteer started working next to me. She was an obvious smoker and my nausea free day stopped right then.

I picked up DS2 from preschool and have been on the couch being very still and hoping it stops soon. We have Advent supper and service tonght. Hopefully, I can manage to eat whatever they serve!

Jennifer, you sound like you're suffering from pregnancy brain. Last night I called everyone to the table for dinner and then realized I completely forgot to cook the rice. Makes eating gumbo difficult.

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
I'm going to pay a few bills & going to my grandmother's. My grandfather passed away the night before Thanksgiving, so DS & I have pretty much gone there everyday to visit & just check on her.

Feeling good again today, but I'm learning to embrace it as a blessing instead of a threat. Guessing this one might be a girl. DD's pregnancy was easy like this. DS's was rough in comparison. I was sick til about 14 wks, had major smell aversions, & insanely awful heartburn. But I know they can all be different, so I guess we'll see.

ETA: I started a bump thread!
I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope you are having a girl! Thank you for starting the bump thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorwithwords View Post
I'm trying to take advantage of having waves of nausea instead of constant nausea! I managed to clean up the kitchen (2 days worth!) and have my 3rd load of laundry going (though none folded). And managed to get DD to paint some paper green. We'll add red to it tomorrow and have Christmas wrapping paper!
I am very impressed! I can clean the kitchen but my RE will not let me do laundry. So DH is bringing it down so DS (4 years old) can load it and stuff for us. I am there talking to him the whole time but these weight restrictions make it so I can't do much. Great craft that you made! I don't believe in wrapping gifts, but it is cool that you made paper for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
I am taking a break before going and sitting in carpool lines. I dropped the kids off this morning and spent the day working at the elementary school's Santa shop. I did pretty well, but thought I was going to have to run for the bathroom when a sweet Grandma volunteer started working next to me. She was an obvious smoker and my nausea free day stopped right then.

I picked up DS2 from preschool and have been on the couch being very still and hoping it stops soon. We have Advent supper and service tonght. Hopefully, I can manage to eat whatever they serve!

Jennifer, you sound like you're suffering from pregnancy brain. Last night I called everyone to the table for dinner and then realized I completely forgot to cook the rice. Makes eating gumbo difficult.
Sorry your nausea free day stopped! That is awful! I hope you do alright tonight. We have an advent service that we should go to tonight but I am not pushing it. DH has been getting home close to 7 pm every night and that is what time it starts about 30 minutes from home. We have our last conversion class on Saturday so that will make up for it.

I know I have pregnancy brain! I get it early every time. I can't forget rice as I made rice about 6 months ago and BURNED it badly. It set off our central alarm smoke detectors. Since that time DS doesn't really like me to cook rice but he reminds me not to burn the rice every time I do it. I haven't burt rice since!

I have been having strong nausea all day at home (so not when I am out and about) because we are cooking a chicken in the crock pot for the last 24 hours. It smells like chicken throughout the house. I told DH that I think I have 48 hours before I start I haven't yet but I know I am close! Burping is going down, and so it has to go somewhere!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #23
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What are we doing today?

I would like to say I have all these grand plans but honestly all I want to do is sleep. I was suppose to go to the Honda dealer to get the car's oil change and a couple of air filters. However I don't like the idea of spending about $130 for an oil change and a few air filter changes. So I looked it up and now I need to convince DH to change the air filters so all we need is the oil change, and we have tires that have free lifetime tire rotation and we have life time alignment on the car so I am actually debating going to the Honda dealer to get the oil change, spending less the $40 for the air filters for DH to change, and then going to the place to get my tires aligned and rotated. So this would cost me about $70 so about half price!

However all of this gives me time to sleep today!

Today is also my 9th anniversary. I posted photos on my blog that I hadn't posted before about our wedding weather. www.ourunplannedlife.com I had to scan the photos in and I think they are fairly cool. We can't do much today (on pelvic restrictions so no nooky... not to mention I just want to sleep).

So having said all that my only goal today is to not be too mad at DS for not letting me sleep and to get through the day. Tomorrow I have another beta check so that should be fun!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #24
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:

My 9 mo is still waking 2-5 times a night. Always wants to nurse. I usually let her but sometimes she wakes up 30 minutes after she went back to bed so I get her and sway her back and forth for a few min. and put her back to bed. Not to mention 3yodd keeps getting in bed with me (usually with her feet in my back or on my head). The prog. and preg hormones have me so tired and it's taking its toll (getting up so often).

BUT, every night in the wee hours, I remind myself how many women would cut off their own limb to be in my shoes. And then, I'm just thankful. Thankful an infant is waking me every 2-3 hours, thankful I get another blessing, thankful for all the arms around my neck day after day.

Praying for those of us who are waiting a few more days to see a heartbeat(s)!!!

everybody have a great day!!!

Last edited by snugglesnsunshine; 12-06-2012 at 09:44 AM.
snugglesnsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #25
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can I join in to? I'm around 8 weeks I think and have been struggling with migraines and nausea (including vomiting) lately. Tired of dry heaving! Tired of this headache! This will be #5 for us and my 5th C/S. Thankful for another pregnancy !

Today we did some school for my 1st grader (we homeschool), then the kids played outside for a while (we live on 5 acres and then surrounded even further by family land).

Did some laundry. Our hot water heater broke the other day so we are without hot water now. DH is going to look at one he'll hopefully buy today. DH is finishing us his RN degree this week! He will graduate next Friday, is looking for a job, and will begin his MSN in January .

That's about it for me!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #26
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post

Today is also my 9th anniversary. I posted photos on my blog that I hadn't posted before about our wedding weather. www.ourunplannedlife.com I had to scan the photos in and I think they are fairly cool. We can't do much today (on pelvic restrictions so no nooky... not to mention I just want to sleep).

So having said all that my only goal today is to not be too mad at DS for not letting me sleep and to get through the day. Tomorrow I have another beta check so that should be fun!
Happy Anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglesnsunshine View Post
My 9 mo is still waking 2-5 times a night. Always wants to nurse. I usually let her but sometimes she wakes up 30 minutes after she went back to bed so I get her and sway her back and forth for a few min. and put her back to bed. Not to mention 3yodd keeps getting in bed with me (usually with her feet in my back or on my head). The prog. and preg hormones have me so tired and it's taking its toll (getting up so often).

BUT, every night in the wee hours, I remind myself how many women would cut off their own limb to be in my shoes. And then, I'm just thankful. Thankful an infant is waking me every 2-3 hours, thankful I get another blessing, thankful for all the arms around my neck day after day.

Praying for those of us who are waiting a few more days to see a heartbeat(s)!!!

The idea of swaying back and forth at night makes me queasy! I'm impressed. My second was 6-7 months at this stage when I was pg with my third. I remember nursing being really hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
Can I join in to? I'm around 8 weeks I think and have been struggling with migraines and nausea (including vomiting) lately. Tired of dry heaving! Tired of this headache! This will be #5 for us and my 5th C/S. Thankful for another pregnancy !

Today we did some school for my 1st grader (we homeschool), then the kids played outside for a while (we live on 5 acres and then surrounded even further by family land).

Did some laundry. Our hot water heater broke the other day so we are without hot water now. DH is going to look at one he'll hopefully buy today. DH is finishing us his RN degree this week! He will graduate next Friday, is looking for a job, and will begin his MSN in January .

That's about it for me!
Welcome and hang in there! I do hope your DH can get that water heater fixed ASAP and congratulations to him.

AFM, today was much better. I'm just now getting the nausea so hopefully I can just settle down and sleep it off. I have the kind where I don't actually hurl, I just wish I could. I've only actually vomited 3x with all 8 of my pregnancies. I can even remember the triggers for each time.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #27
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglesnsunshine View Post

You are lucky! I waited nearly 3 years for this pregnancy and while this waiting STINKS and the fear of loosing the child STINKS, I am trying to enjoy this time that I am pregnant, because I know odds are it will be my last (hope to adopt in a few years). I hope you start feeling better soon! Your children are close together so I could see how that could be a challenge. My son is 4 so he isn't bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post

That's about it for me!
Welcome! You are doing great if you got all that done! I don't do all that and my morning sickness isn't debilitating yet (close, but not quite). This will be my 3rd c-section so your sort of in good company. Congratulations on your DH! That is great that he has that degree now! My DH is trying to get a job as a Medical Director. Hopefully that will happen soon. He has his PhD though. Have you contacted your utility company about the hot water heater? They may be able to install one for you and put you on a payment plan. We have "insurance" on ours through our utility company where they would help us out with things like that. Though honestly I think at this point I would rather have a tankless and just be done with the tank and all. Oh if only I were made of money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post

AFM, today was much better. I'm just now getting the nausea so hopefully I can just settle down and sleep it off. I have the kind where I don't actually hurl, I just wish I could. I've only actually vomited 3x with all 8 of my pregnancies. I can even remember the triggers for each time.
I am glad your feeling better. I hope that continues for you! How far along are you? You don't have anything in your siggy about this pregnancy.

AFM - I was changing this morning and DS asked what my boobs were for. I told him that is where the baby will eat from. I can't really hide that when the baby is born so better get him used to it. I had my blood draw this morning and didn't even bother to ask what my beta was on Monday. It doesn't really matter. I feel awful today, but I am 6w1d so I guess that is to be expected. I did go out to get some air filters for the van today and windshield wiper blades. Total it cost us what it would have cost us to just replace the interior air filter so that is good. Tomorrow morning we are meeting with the pastor of our church for the final class before we are officially converted to Lutheran. I was actually baptized Lutheran but converted to Catholic for DH. We didn't feel at home being Catholic so this Sunday will be 1 year of being full time Lutheran in where we go to church every week. DS was baptized Catholic but I guess the process is easier for him. This baby will be baptized Lutheran though. Beyond that I have high hopes, but low expectations. I am not feeling great and woke up at 4 am about to so I don't know how this weekend will go.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #28
hollydawn
Registered Users
seller

Hi everyone! Joining. Originally thought I might be due in August but conceived while nursing and didn't have my cycle back yet. Ultrasound confirmed a due date of July 17th. Heartbeat in the 150s.

Congrats to all!
hollydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #29
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Morning mamas!!! I would love to multi-quote & address all individually, but I am on my phone & it sucks...sooooo

*Welcome new mamas! Excited to have you join us for this amazing journey.

*To those not feeling so good... I would totally switch places with you right now. My ms is pretty much gone & I'm only 7w6d. I know, I know, I should be thrilled, but it was such a relief to have it. I'm struggling to get to next Friday when I get to see my bean again. 12 wks cannot get here fast enough. Trying so hard to stay positive & not let my worry consume me. I want to be excited & happy! I want to tell everybody! But I keep putting it off because I'm afraid as soon as I do, something will go wrong. It totally sucks to feel this way.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #30
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollydawn View Post
Hi everyone! Joining. Originally thought I might be due in August but conceived while nursing and didn't have my cycle back yet. Ultrasound confirmed a due date of July 17th. Heartbeat in the 150s.

Congrats to all!
Welcome! Your due date is about when I expect to deliver this one. I am due August 1 but I can't get past 38 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
Morning mamas!!! I would love to multi-quote & address all individually, but I am on my phone & it sucks...sooooo

*Welcome new mamas! Excited to have you join us for this amazing journey.

*To those not feeling so good... I would totally switch places with you right now. My ms is pretty much gone & I'm only 7w6d. I know, I know, I should be thrilled, but it was such a relief to have it. I'm struggling to get to next Friday when I get to see my bean again. 12 wks cannot get here fast enough. Trying so hard to stay positive & not let my worry consume me. I want to be excited & happy! I want to tell everybody! But I keep putting it off because I'm afraid as soon as I do, something will go wrong. It totally sucks to feel this way.
I am sorry you are feeling well. I know that must be unsettling. I am having flashbacks to my chemo days which is SOO not what I want to be experiencing now! I guess nausea is nausea but I would rather not feel like a chemo patient!

Tomorrow I have my heartrate scan ultrasound. DH is hoping it isn't twins, I am hoping it is human.