Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #21
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvof3boyz
I have used Country Save, Tide Ultra, and now target Clean Pristine lavender. I love it. I hated Country Save. My diapers always smelled coming out of the washer. I have an he FL and at the time hard water. I switched to Tide Ultra, they no longer sell original. It worked but then I put salt in my softner and the bubbles. I could rinse forever and still have suds. I also had to strip, which I have never did before or since. I tried Target on a whim. It is not located in the laundry aisle but in the natural cleaning aisle with Seventh generation and Mrs. Myers. I got the lavander scent but it also comes in free. It works so well. I love it and it gets my diapers really clean. I only have to do one extra rinse. It only comes in liquid. 32 loads for $6.59. Hope this helps you mamas.
You say you have a HE FL and hard water - do you need to use bleach in prewash with re target detergent?
I'm in the same case(HE FL, hard water) and have been using tide very successfully, but the only thing is that I hate the smell and I'm afraid to try another detergent.

Advertisement

firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #22
blushbaby
Registered Users
seller

I've never heard of this detergent! I'm definitely going to have to try it. Tide gets my diapers clean and stain free but I've always dealt with such ammonia issues and like someone else mentioned, I feel like I rinse forever! I'm just trying bumgenius detergent per recommendation of a friend but maybe if that doesn't work out I'll try the Target stuff. I'm a big fan of Target so it's worth a try and it's certainly cheaper!
Hi I'm Alyssa! I'm a Diaper Parties consultant for the Milwaukee area. I offer cloth 101 classes, diaper parties, diaper showers, and personal consultations. Email me for more info or shop with me and save 5% on your purchase of $30 or more with code "AKELLER5OFF".

blushbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #23
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

Well, I just tried the target detergent today, we'll see how it goes!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #24
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by firststella View Post
You say you have a HE FL and hard water - do you need to use bleach in prewash with re target detergent?
I'm in the same case(HE FL, hard water) and have been using tide very successfully, but the only thing is that I hate the smell and I'm afraid to try another detergent.
I no longer have hard water. We were just lazy and didn't have LT in it before.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #25
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mamas. There is a $.75 off target printable laundry coupon. You can print 2 per computer. I am waiting for a sale.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #26
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is my diaper laundry during my extra rinse. As you can see no suds. I was never able to see my diapers during the first extra rinse with Tide. I also always used some bleach with Tide. I now never use bleach and my diapers are always stain free.

They always smell clean also. I use up to the 4 line with my diapers.

Last edited by luvof3boyz; 04-04-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #27
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonsjulejb View Post
Awesome!!! Since you have such hard water do u use a softener like Calgon and do u have to use bleach with the target detergent or are you able to get away with out it except occasionally?
No softener, as I have not been able to find a single place locally that has the stuff. That and freezer paper. Is there a ban on those two items in Southern California ?

And I do still add bleach every load, just a little bit. With the strength of my 6yo's pee, I just don't feel safe without it.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #28
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonsjulejb View Post
I have seen some posts about Target Pristine Detergent and have even seen ppl say they like it better than Tide!! Has anyone used it long enough to have long term incredible cleaning results with no build up or issues etc?!

And what about TIDE I am confused...which type of Tide?!! I have read the one you want to get for dipes is tide original powder but all I can find is the Ultra original powder is that the one?! where is best place to buy it?! Is the scent really that strong?!

And lastly, what about COUNTRY SAVE?! Has anyone tried both tide and country save and able to compare them?! Which is BETTER?!

P.S. I will probably be washing in fairly hard water! So would you suggest use of water softening products with these detergents?!

Thanks for the help!
I have used both. I have hard water and when I add Calgon with the CS, I think it works as well as Tide, maybe slightly better on stains. Since CS is so much more expensive, I had stopped using it but have just gone back. What I do right now is use a combo of CS with a little bit of Ariel detergent (Ariel is like non ultra Tide). If Country Save would add enzymes, it would be the best detergent on the planet.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #29
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvof3boyz View Post
This is my diaper laundry during my extra rinse. As you can see no suds. I was never able to see my diapers during the first extra rinse with Tide. I also always used some bleach with Tide. I now never use bleach and my diapers are always stain free.

They always smell clean also. I use up to the 4 line with my diapers.
I ran out of bleach I have a diaper load going with just the detergent finger crossed that it both works as well on the diapers alone and my DD stays rash free...

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #30
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

So glad I ran across this thread. I saw the other thread about the Target detergent and looked for it in my store but couldn't find it.
Now I know that I need to check the other area and be looking for liquid only. Got it! Going to Target tonight! My hybrid fitteds all smell like pee.
Meanwhile I need to clean my washer.....off to figure out how to do that...