Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Working FT & morning sickness

I had horrible nausea with my last. I would sit in my office and munch on saltines almost nonstop it seemed. And mind over matter. I will not puke, I will not puke. And if I felt close to puking, I just sat really still and focussed on breathing slowly.

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck! I work outside and while it was 100 F + I was having MS all day long. Dehydration was my biggest issue everyone knew bc I was sooo sick. Take a nap when you get home that was my only relief was sleep.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #13
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last time I worked 20+ hours a week through hg. I had no choice if I wanted to keep my insurance, I couldn't work full time though, I could barely stay upright long enough to work half time.

This time I'm working full time most weeks and going to school part time too. I've been taking zofran forever (or so it seems) and it stops the vomiting, but a lot of days it doesn't even touch the nausea. It's not what you want to hear, but you hit a stride, it becomes so normal to be nauseous that it becomes your baseline. It's never fun or easy, but it's doable. You need to know your limits though, if you start losing a lot of weight or get dehydrated, or even just feel like you need to, talk to your doctor. I hope it eases for you soon.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
My trick was to always have altoid cinnamon mints in my pocket.

I also would have water and take very small sips. I kept salty foods and sprite in my office. The sweet and salty combo helped

I found it was worse when I was hungry. So even when I felt I was going to be sick, if I made myself eat, it would go away.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #15
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Saltines and water really helped me before. Start eating the saltines before you even get out if bed. Lemon drops and Sea Bands were also helpful. These things didn't fully curb my nausea but helped me keep it under control.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #16
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I.kept a bucket in my car. Never had to use it.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #17
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Also, I hid my pregnant until I was 11 weeks. At that point, I was already outgrowing my clothes and my office closed for 2 weeks so I knew I would come back looking fatter, so I spilled the beans. I had 3 large fibroids then that I no longer have so I really hope I don't balloon so fast this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #18
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I tried to work as much as possible, but finally had to quit The vomiting wasn't so bad, it was that feeling like right before you throw up and having that feeling basically 24/7. I spent the next couple of months curled up in a ball and useless. Lots of zofran didn't keep me from being admitted to the hospital a couple of times for dehydration. There was physically no way I could work when I couldn't keep my head upright for more than 20 minutes. I never found anything that worked great. Although forcing myself to be outside with fresh air helped sometimes. And I tried my best to stay hydrated with gatorade - that stuff is tolerable when it comes up. By about 10 weeks I was noticing periods of sometimes an hour without debilitating nausea. And around 12 weeks I started to leave the house occasionally for very short errands. And at 18 weeks I'm working on projects and doing things - yay!
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #19
ingrid5699
Registered Users

I sucked it up until just over 7w and then had a complete breakdown. Mine is not 'normal' morning sickness though but Hyperemesis gravidarum. I have been on sick leave until a week ago when I was put on extended early maternity leave (at just over 14w). Thankfully we have that option here and I keep my salary (paid by health insurance instead of employer) and benefits and my job is secured too. Even with taking 3 meds I kept nothing down and was too weak to even get out of bed many days so working was out of the question. I'm better now but definitely not doing well.
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #20
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had it really badly with this one. Ginger ale and crackers helped for a bit but I still felt sick all the time. I have a half hour commute and had to start carrying a little trash can with a lid with me in the car. I also packed extra clothes in the car just in case.

Waking up earlier, having a little bit of crackers before getting ready really helped me adjust a bit before heading to work.

I bought preggie pops (went through a whole box in less than a week), took more Vitamin B pills and had a diet rich in Vitamin B. But man, some days were so tough that I had to call before announcing my pregnancy early (10 weeks). After that, it was easy to rush to the bathroom or to show up 2 minutes late because I had to pull over and vomit.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote