Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #71
EmilytheStrange's Avatar
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Posts: 7,418
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

yay on the van and those kiddos in the living nativity are stinkin' cute.

spent this morning having DD's final out-testing for developmental therapy. Was incredibly surprised by some things she would do and not too surprised by the things she couldn't. We're pretty sure she won't qualify to continue at this point, so that's good.

Still feel incredibly like crap since yesterday - I guess I just feel pregnant. But I'm accustomed to feeling normal, so it's not fun :P hopefully it'll go away with some additional water and easy to digest food.

on the plus side, once I figured out why I was feeling like I was last night, I was able to use all my diaperswappers knowledge about newborns with acid reflux to go lay down semi vertical so the juices would stay down with the help of gravity.. and THAT is some value to reading random threads on the interwebs.

Advertisement

__________________
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #72
sunnygirlmomof6's Avatar
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,267
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

I had a checkup with my MW today and all is well. I went ahead and schedueled a 4d ultrasound for my birthday! The girls have been wanting to see an ultrasound, but after what happened with Samuel, (my dh was not with me), I want him and only him with me when I get a diagnostic US done. I will have an US at my next appt when I am 26 weeks, to check on the choroid plexus cyst on her brain, and DH will be with me then and we will know a little more of what to expect, hopefully. Then, when I am 30 weeks, and on my birthday, I will take my 2 girls with me and we will have a girls day out and go out to eat in Tennessee and then get the 4d. They are so excited!

Why is it that driving makes you so tired? It is an hour and half drive to see my MW and I had ot drive today because DH could not go and I am so tired now! The kids are outside riding horses in the pasture and I am too tired to go out there with them, besides, Cody (18 mon) had a nap on the way home and is wide open so I really do not feel like taking him outside and chasing him! LOL
__________________
April, Helpmeet to Adam and Momma to Emori14 Logan10 Amelia8 Lane7 Sawyer4 Cody3 Lydia 1 and always in our heart-Samuel-born sleeping 11/08
sunnygirlmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #73
mibarra
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,987
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

I just bought 3 dresses (1 sweater dress) and a tank top from Old Navy Maternity online for $40 including shipping. They have a lot on sale, plus free shipping on orders over $50 and additional 25% off most things with the code ONGIFT. Just thought some would like to know!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #74
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
those kiddos in the living nativity are stinkin' cute.

Still feel incredibly like crap since yesterday - I guess I just feel pregnant. But I'm accustomed to feeling normal, so it's not fun :P hopefully it'll go away with some additional water and easy to digest food.
Thanks! I like to think so!

Sorry you're not feeling well. Maybe you've got the beginnings of a bug of some sort? Or a mild one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 View Post
I had a checkup with my MW today and all is well. I went ahead and schedueled a 4d ultrasound for my birthday! The girls have been wanting to see an ultrasound, but after what happened with Samuel, (my dh was not with me), I want him and only him with me when I get a diagnostic US done. I will have an US at my next appt when I am 26 weeks, to check on the choroid plexus cyst on her brain, and DH will be with me then and we will know a little more of what to expect, hopefully. Then, when I am 30 weeks, and on my birthday, I will take my 2 girls with me and we will have a girls day out and go out to eat in Tennessee and then get the 4d. They are so excited!
I totally understand wanting your DH, and only him, with you for that one. I can imagine how excited they are for the later one, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I just bought 3 dresses (1 sweater dress) and a tank top from Old Navy Maternity online for $40 including shipping. They have a lot on sale, plus free shipping on orders over $50 and additional 25% off most things with the code ONGIFT. Just thought some would like to know!
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #75
RunawayBunny's Avatar
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6
I had a checkup with my MW today and all is well. I went ahead and schedueled a 4d ultrasound for my birthday! The girls have been wanting to see an ultrasound, but after what happened with Samuel, (my dh was not with me), I want him and only him with me when I get a diagnostic US done. I will have an US at my next appt when I am 26 weeks, to check on the choroid plexus cyst on her brain, and DH will be with me then and we will know a little more of what to expect, hopefully. Then, when I am 30 weeks, and on my birthday, I will take my 2 girls with me and we will have a girls day out and go out to eat in Tennessee and then get the 4d. They are so excited!
Totally makes sense. What a fun birthday treat!

Afm: I am a terrible baker. I dont even know why I try anymore. I wanted to make Joey's music teacher a pound cake for our last class. It said to bake for 50 min or until the tooth pic is clean. At an hour in a half the tooth pic was finally (mostly clean) but the edges were burn-y. Next time I think I will stop at a bakery. Sheesh!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #76
EmilytheStrange's Avatar
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Posts: 7,418
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Totally makes sense. What a fun birthday treat!

Afm: I am a terrible baker. I dont even know why I try anymore. I wanted to make Joey's music teacher a pound cake for our last class. It said to bake for 50 min or until the tooth pic is clean. At an hour in a half the tooth pic was finally (mostly clean) but the edges were burn-y. Next time I think I will stop at a bakery. Sheesh!
this is what happens when I try to cook.
I like cooking.
I like trying new recipes.

but I seriously suck at it.

I did have 1 new recipe that went really well this week. that's like 1:50 for me. Luckily, I have some old standbys that we fall back on a lot of the time in my menu planning, but anytime I try anything new............ I dont' know why I try.
__________________
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #77
mapleleaf88's Avatar
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 503
I'm still here! I have some major catching up to do! But I'll try to be more consistent!
__________________
Emily, Lovin' Life with DF Ben, "Em" to super-silly DSS Gage (04/06), and new mommy to Kai (08/07)
mapleleaf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #78
MrsCrafty's Avatar
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,893
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
There's a lot of different opinions. The problem with hearing aids is as the loss gets more severe, hair cell damage from sensorineural hearing loss already distorts sound to a degree, and then the more you amplify the more you distort a sound, so there becomes a point where they just aren't effective. To some extent it doesn't matter if they can fix it in 20 years if he can't really hear now, KWIM? But I would stick with hearing aids as long as he's getting real benefit from them, they rarely implant prior to severe to profound hearing loss. DD1 has bilateral implants due to Auditory Neuropathy because hearing aids were not effective for her, and it's been amazing to see the change. But it is true that she is not deaf without her implants, though she basically was prior to them anyway. It all just depends!

AFM: I am wearing my first ever pair of maternity leggings today. I want to wear them all the time. Why are there even other kinds of maternity pants??? These are soooo comfy...
Very interesting! I'd definitely need to look into it more. Hearing loss feels like a very hard thing, theres so many different sides and opinions, so thanks for sharing your experience It is funny that he was having so many problems at school for 'not listening' and now that his teachers getting training on how to communicate with him and he's getting a lot more support to wear his hearing aide there, he's doing so much better! I'd kind of like to tell the principal I know you so!

Maternity leggings sound amazing. My jeans still fit fine, I have to buy low rise because I have a flat butt and otherwise they go halfway up my back but they are definitely feeling more tight, especially when I sit down.

I also have this little itchy patch on my left ribs, its like a cluster of hives the size of my fist, and itchy!!! My midwife said just to put benedryl cream on it, but I've had it for like a week?

Tonight I go pick up my wedding dress!!! I feel like my belly is really popping out so I'm a tiny bit nervous about it fitting!
__________________
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #79
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Afm: I am a terrible baker. I dont even know why I try anymore. I wanted to make Joey's music teacher a pound cake for our last class. It said to bake for 50 min or until the tooth pic is clean. At an hour in a half the tooth pic was finally (mostly clean) but the edges were burn-y. Next time I think I will stop at a bakery. Sheesh!
I'm sorry... but

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
this is what happens when I try to cook.
I like cooking.
I like trying new recipes.

but I seriously suck at it.
I never really baked or cooked while growing up - none of the "baking cookies with mom" stuff in my house. But DH did all that stuff, so when we first met/married, it was him who did all the cooking! Now I do a lot of baking and cooking meals - the kids always get excited over my baking, so I guess it can't be half bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
I'm still here! I have some major catching up to do! But I'll try to be more consistent!
No worries! Don't stress over not "keeping up", just jump in whenever you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
It is funny that he was having so many problems at school for 'not listening' and now that his teachers getting training on how to communicate with him and he's getting a lot more support to wear his hearing aide there, he's doing so much better! I'd kind of like to tell the principal I know you so!

I also have this little itchy patch on my left ribs, its like a cluster of hives the size of my fist, and itchy!!! My midwife said just to put benedryl cream on it, but I've had it for like a week?

Tonight I go pick up my wedding dress!!! I feel like my belly is really popping out so I'm a tiny bit nervous about it fitting!
not listening and not hearing are 2 very different problems!

Sorry about the itchy spot... did your MW say anything about PUPPS? I really hope that's not what you've got though! Hopefully it's just stress induced stuff, with all the wedding planning and holiday stuff, and will settle down after things do.

with your dress!

AFM: We had a really nice visit last night with our pastor (well, one of them) and his wife. The kids were even really good! The only downside was that we chatted until after 9pm, so the kids got to bed late and were really tired out this morning. Not planning on doing anything tonight (they'll be even more tired after school this morning and swimming lessons this afternoon!).
We're supposed to get quite a bit of snow tonight and tomorrow, so not planning much for then either - DH is going to look for "Brave" online and maybe we'll have a "movie night" tomorrow afternoon. We've seen the movie in theatres, but I'm sure the kids will want to watch it again - I sure do!
I'm really hoping to get to town for church Sunday morning, then leave DH and Levi at DH's parents house so I can take the olders to pick out their xmas presents for DH I think I'm done his stocking, and I've got my gift for him in the mail, so just need to get the kids done with him and I'm done! Can't wait to start wrapping the presents - and can't wait to be DONE and not need to think of or look for anything more!!!
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #80
MrsCrafty's Avatar
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,893
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
this is what happens when I try to cook.
I like cooking.
I like trying new recipes.

but I seriously suck at it.

I did have 1 new recipe that went really well this week. that's like 1:50 for me. Luckily, I have some old standbys that we fall back on a lot of the time in my menu planning, but anytime I try anything new............ I dont' know why I try.
Yea I try too, I'm sorry But hooray for good-ol standby's. My family LOVES spaghetti. We have it once a week, its easy, and the kids ask for seconds.


Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
not listening and not hearing are 2 very different problems!

Sorry about the itchy spot... did your MW say anything about PUPPS? I really hope that's not what you've got though! Hopefully it's just stress induced stuff, with all the wedding planning and holiday stuff, and will settle down after things do.

with your dress!

AFM: We had a really nice visit last night with our pastor (well, one of them) and his wife. The kids were even really good! The only downside was that we chatted until after 9pm, so the kids got to bed late and were really tired out this morning. Not planning on doing anything tonight (they'll be even more tired after school this morning and swimming lessons this afternoon!).
We're supposed to get quite a bit of snow tonight and tomorrow, so not planning much for then either - DH is going to look for "Brave" online and maybe we'll have a "movie night" tomorrow afternoon. We've seen the movie in theatres, but I'm sure the kids will want to watch it again - I sure do!
I'm really hoping to get to town for church Sunday morning, then leave DH and Levi at DH's parents house so I can take the olders to pick out their xmas presents for DH I think I'm done his stocking, and I've got my gift for him in the mail, so just need to get the kids done with him and I'm done! Can't wait to start wrapping the presents - and can't wait to be DONE and not need to think of or look for anything more!!!
Oh no, she didn't, but mine are all like in one spot right next to each other, I'll try taking a picture. I hope thats not what it is.

Have a fun weekend! We are expecting snow too! I cant wait, this is my first Christmas on the farm, FIL I think is worried about me I hope you get the rest of your shopping done! I've barely done anything. I got DF a shirt off Etsy that says "This is what a super cool Dad looks like" cause he loves his Dad shirts And DS picked out a couple presents for DSD. Thats it. And we have a huge trampoline for the kids. I'm thinking of doing edibles for in their stockings since they don't need any more toys. And they love the Christmas nuts you crack open, and Lindt truffles(they always try to steal mine!) But I should really get on my Christmas shopping!
__________________
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.