Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #81
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Oh no, she didn't, but mine are all like in one spot right next to each other, I'll try taking a picture. I hope thats not what it is.

Have a fun weekend! We are expecting snow too! I cant wait, this is my first Christmas on the farm, FIL I think is worried about me I hope you get the rest of your shopping done! I've barely done anything. I got DF a shirt off Etsy that says "This is what a super cool Dad looks like" cause he loves his Dad shirts And DS picked out a couple presents for DSD. Thats it. And we have a huge trampoline for the kids. I'm thinking of doing edibles for in their stockings since they don't need any more toys. And they love the Christmas nuts you crack open, and Lindt truffles(they always try to steal mine!) But I should really get on my Christmas shopping!
I hope so, too - it's not dangerous for baby or mom, which is a good thing, but it can be very uncomfortable for mamas

Oh shoot - you reminded me - I still want to grab a "lifesaver book" but with bubble gum, for their stockings. They're always asking me for gum If they have they're own, at least they're not constantly asking me!
The only toys our kids have in their stockings is the boys getting a lego "mystery guy". DD doesn't have any toys in her stocking, but with her 'santa' present she won't need any!

DH has been entering a bunch of sweepstakes/contests online and this week he won 2 XBox 360 controllers - Halo 4 ones! They're about $70 each to buy The older boys are getting those for xmas - they're gonna love them!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #82
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I hope so, too - it's not dangerous for baby or mom, which is a good thing, but it can be very uncomfortable for mamas

Oh shoot - you reminded me - I still want to grab a "lifesaver book" but with bubble gum, for their stockings. They're always asking me for gum If they have they're own, at least they're not constantly asking me!
The only toys our kids have in their stockings is the boys getting a lego "mystery guy". DD doesn't have any toys in her stocking, but with her 'santa' present she won't need any!

DH has been entering a bunch of sweepstakes/contests online and this week he won 2 XBox 360 controllers - Halo 4 ones! They're about $70 each to buy The older boys are getting those for xmas - they're gonna love them!
It looks like its more common with boys?
WhooHoo for winning!!! Thats awesome! I should do gum for my kids too! And I'm thinking some bath soaps and stuff, they like that and its not stuff that will pile up since they'll use it and then it's gone
Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #83
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
WhooHoo for winning!!! Thats awesome! I should do gum for my kids too! And I'm thinking some bath soaps and stuff, they like that and its not stuff that will pile up since they'll use it and then it's gone
about the gender thing - a friend of mine from a previous DDC just had it with her last baby and baby was a girl. Doesn't mean it's not more common with boys, though.

I kwym - we really tried this year to just get things that will get used a lot, or used and gone!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #84
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

DD didn't get a lifesaver book this year, but I got her a nerds book.. it's so fun to hear people actually talk about those because somehow DH never heard of them. weirdo.

AFM: feeling 100% better. Fell asleep early last night, finally got a good night's sleep and am rehydrated, so I feel normal again - yay!

also lost a lb yesterday because the thought of food was gross. lol - tried to eat everything in the house for breakfast this morning, but had to stop when my stomach was like 'hello! I shrunk yesterday!!'

Quote:
and Lindt truffles(they always try to steal mine!) But I should really get on my Christmas shopping!
I need a subtle way to remind DH that I really like the lindt truffles for my stocking. hmm... I could buy some and then eat the entire bag and be sad that the bag is empty... that could work.... :P

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 12-07-2012 at 11:36 AM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #85
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt

Yes, and first pregnancies. I had pupps with ds. It was pretty awful. It usually starts on the belly. For me, it moved to legs, too. It also normally doesn't start until the 3rd trimester. So hopefully thats not it. Could it be dry skin? I get rash like skin from dryness.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #86
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I need a subtle way to remind DH that I really like the lindt truffles for my stocking. hmm... I could buy some and then eat the entire bag and be sad that the bag is empty... that could work.... :P
That is a perfect idea. I've bought 2 bags in the past week DF better take the hint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Yes, and first pregnancies. I had pupps with ds. It was pretty awful. It usually starts on the belly. For me, it moved to legs, too. It also normally doesn't start until the 3rd trimester. So hopefully thats not it. Could it be dry skin? I get rash like skin from dryness.

This is my left rib/hip, its always red like this and itchy It's been almost 2 weeks. What do you think?

Last edited by MrsCrafty; 12-07-2012 at 11:52 AM.
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #87
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

this is what happens when I try to cook.
I like cooking.
I like trying new recipes.

but I seriously suck at it.

I did have 1 new recipe that went really well this week. that's like 1:50 for me. Luckily, I have some old standbys that we fall back on a lot of the time in my menu planning, but anytime I try anything new............ I dont' know why I try.
I love fallbacks. Luckily dh and ds are ok without variety most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt

Yea I try too, I'm sorry But hooray for good-ol standby's. My family LOVES spaghetti. We have it once a week, its easy, and the kids ask for seconds.

Oh no, she didn't, but mine are all like in one spot right next to each other, I'll try taking a picture. I hope thats not what it is.

Have a fun weekend! We are expecting snow too! I cant wait, this is my first Christmas on the farm, FIL I think is worried about me I hope you get the rest of your shopping done! I've barely done anything. I got DF a shirt off Etsy that says "This is what a super cool Dad looks like" cause he loves his Dad shirts And DS picked out a couple presents for DSD. Thats it. And we have a huge trampoline for the kids. I'm thinking of doing edibles for in their stockings since they don't need any more toys. And they love the Christmas nuts you crack open, and Lindt truffles(they always try to steal mine!) But I should really get on my Christmas shopping!
That's how my parents always did stockings. Unshelled nuts, fruit, some candy, special soaps or bath bubbles, fuzzy slipper socks. All things we needed and normally got but with a fancy twist. I was an adult before I realized some kids got toys in theirs! DS will have bath bubbles, nuts, and some books if they fit.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #88
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

What about the xhicken pox virus....whats that rash calld? My frien had it in the same spot as yours.

Dh left his laptop at home so it turned into a work from home day. He went with me and the kids to see santa now he and ds are out running errands.

Last edited by momneedssupport; 06-05-2013 at 11:30 AM.
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #89
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Very interesting! I'd definitely need to look into it more. Hearing loss feels like a very hard thing, theres so many different sides and opinions, so thanks for sharing your experience It is funny that he was having so many problems at school for 'not listening' and now that his teachers getting training on how to communicate with him and he's getting a lot more support to wear his hearing aide there, he's doing so much better! I'd kind of like to tell the principal I know you so!
So glad he's doing better!! Definitely a difference between not hearing and not listening! I agree, hearing loss is a very small population compared to other 'disabilities', and there are many many different opinions. I happen to have some background in it, as my undergrad work was in Speech and Hearing Science, which branches off into either Speech Language Pathology or Audiology, so I have a more intimate understanding of the how the ear works and amplification than many parents just because I took several classes on the subject. Definitely the most important thing is to wear it!! Even if he can hear some without it, imagine if you could only hear 2 of 3 words someone was saying, hug difference! Even 4 of 5 would make it hard to understand.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #90
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
So glad he's doing better!! Definitely a difference between not hearing and not listening! I agree, hearing loss is a very small population compared to other 'disabilities', and there are many many different opinions. I happen to have some background in it, as my undergrad work was in Speech and Hearing Science, which branches off into either Speech Language Pathology or Audiology, so I have a more intimate understanding of the how the ear works and amplification than many parents just because I took several classes on the subject. Definitely the most important thing is to wear it!! Even if he can hear some without it, imagine if you could only hear 2 of 3 words someone was saying, hug difference! Even 4 of 5 would make it hard to understand.
Oh definitely! Well maybe you don't mind me pm-ing you if I have questions? I'm always looking for unbias resources Today his ENT said he wants to wait 2 months before we move forward with getting another hearing aid or doing anything for the other ear. Just to be sure everythings healed from his surgery.

Do you mean Shingles? I had that actually right before I was pg with DS! Its not that, thats different it has a sort of weird scab, this is just bumps And the more I research and think about it, ofcourse the worse it gets.

DF said its coming down at the farm place, I'm at work so hopefully the roads aren't bad getting home!