Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #11
7mom7
Registered Users

Re: How nuch do you spend?

It is a priority to me that my child is involved in a program with other kids... at least part time. I think we'll be close to $1000 for tuition and curriculum next fall. In our area private schools are $10,000. Our 2 day a week private schools are $5,000. Our homeschool enrichment programs are $300-$1,000.

Advertisement

7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #12
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you can spend as little or as much as you want. There are so many free and low cost resources that you don't have to spend a lot. It's also hard to calculate costs because of printer ink, sports, fieldtrips etc. If I had to make a guess (with those things included) I'd say around $600. I bought most of my stuff used and pieced together a lot too. Still much less than private school.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks everyone! I should clarify that the private school I'm looking at for my kids is only like $1600 each a year. It's a small private Christian school.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Thanks everyone! I should clarify that the private school I'm looking at for my kids is only like $1600 each a year. It's a small private Christian school.
The one I was thinking of here that is $5000 is also a small Christian school. It's $1600 per child for the 2 day 3K pre-school though.

At any rate, when we started thinking of HS'ing, a big reason was because we couldn't afford private Christian. Now, we realize, it doesn't matter the cost. We do it because we believe that HS'ing is the very best option for our family regardless of the money.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #15
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've spent about $400 on curriculum and materials for my 3 (6th, 4th and pre-k). This does not include extras like 4-H, competitive volleyball or robotics. DS also goes to 5 morning/week pre-k at a cost of $165/month.

If we had to send the kids back to the parochial school where they had been attending, it would have cost us $925 for sustaining fees for the 2 girls and $400/month for full day pre-k for DS (no part-time options). We also tithe to help cover the cost (which we do regardless of whether our kids attend school there or not).
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote