Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #151
crystaldawn_23
Registered Users
seller

Re: How close to due date did you keep working?

I know this is an old post but I cannot help but answer

With my first three I worked until I was 39 weeks. With #1 I went over by 10 days. #2 I delivered at 39 weeks. #3 del the day after my "last" day 39 weeks.

With baby #4 I really really wanted to work through my last weekend (39.5 weeks). I work in labor and delivery. I had TWO deliveries that day. Yes TWO. I worked hard lol. My pediatrician came in to eval babies around noon and said "wow you have dropped since yesterday!" My coworker put me on the monitor for her own peace of mind. I had two contractions in 30 minutes... so obviously NOT in labor. This was after lunch around 2pm. By 6pm I was starting to think maybe just maybe I was in labor. Some cramping, not hungry, a little cranky. I worked through my shift cause I actually came to work with my coworker. I punched out at 7:30 and by then I was breathing through contractions, she was afraid my water would break in her car! I got home, showered. Returned to the hospital... 9cm. My doc was a little miffed that I had even left the hospital but I wanted to see my kids, shower, get my stuff together. She missed the delivery (But hey she missed #3 too so it wasn't that much different).

Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #152
SurprisinglyCrunchy
Registered Users
seller

With my DD, I worked until 1 day past my due date. With DS, I worked until 5 days past my due date. I am lucky, though, because I was able to work from home some at the end. That helped a lot.
SurprisinglyCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #153
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

I've worked to my due dates and scheduled to work this time to my due date again so we will see what happens.

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #154
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With DS, I worked until my "due date" and delivered a week late. I was ready to quit working probably around week 35 or so, but pushed through so Id have more leave/time with him after he was born.
With this pregnancy, Im due March 4, but Im not taking leave until March 11 lol! Its my way of ensuring that even if I go late, Ill have the most time/leave possible with the new baby!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #155
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post
With DS, I worked until my "due date" and delivered a week late. I was ready to quit working probably around week 35 or so, but pushed through so Id have more leave/time with him after he was born.
With this pregnancy, Im due March 4, but Im not taking leave until March 11 lol! Its my way of ensuring that even if I go late, Ill have the most time/leave possible with the new baby!!!
I'm finding myself in this situation. My work was planning on being flexible in case I went late, but I officially put in my leave for this coming Monday.

The other day, my co worker came down with a mild case of shingles. She cannot be around pregnant little me, and since she's the only person who does the finances (we run an annual fundraising campaign that closes at the end of the month), I will have to take my leave on Monday now.

Another co worker is out after having a hysterectomy. Our staff is down to 4 full time people (including me) and 2 part time people.

So far baby appears to be progressing but I really hope I don't go a week late! I only get 6 weeks paid, and can add an additional 2 weeks unpaid, but I'd really hate to do that.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #156
MomMe3
Registered Users

I would've worked until my due date but my job wasn't comfortable with that, so I was scheduled to leave a month before my due date. It actually worked out because the week I was to go on leave I ended up being diagnosed with a high risk condition, so if my job hadn't already planned for me to be out there would have been issues. That said, I'd always prefer to work as long as possible.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #157
rainysundays
Registered Users

I felt my first labor pains while I was at work. Since I have a desk job and my pregnancy was very uneventful, I planned to work up until the end and I did.
rainysundays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #158
TCKmom
Registered Users

I was put on bed rest at 30 weeks with DD1 so I had to stop working. I was planning on working up until I went into labor. This time, I would like to have a bit of time with my daughter before the new baby arrives but I also want as much time with the baby after she is born as I can get so I am torn as to what to do. DD1 arrived a week early so I am thinking about taking off a week before my due date and if this one doesn't arrive early then I will have that week with DD. I don't really want to go into labor at work since DD was born so quickly...I'm not sure if I'll make it to the hospital in time this time around.
TCKmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #159
LRL
Registered Users
seller

Planned 4 weeks prior, actually got 3.
LRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #160
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm a nurse, and went into labor two days before my due date (I had one more night to work) and went into labor during my shift.
megs715 is online now   Reply With Quote