Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #51
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: NIP completely exposed???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Right, but breasts are not obscene. How anyone can think of exposed breasts as "disrespectful" while there is a baby present is beyond my comprehension. I feel as if there are security issues involved.
I would feel the same way if it was a man. I am not insecure and NIP without covering often. I feel that one should be more descrete when nursing. Exposing a breast to feed a baby is normal to me. Exposing two breasts to feed one baby seems to state LOOK AT ME, more than, hey, I have to feed my baby. One breast is just being shown off as the baby can only nurse one side at a time.

I do think we, as nursing mothers have more rights. At least where I am from. Here a woman can NIP where ever she wants and show as much skin as she chooses. Other women and men cannot do that without being charged with indecent exposure. I am glad we have these rights in place, but I also believe they should not be abused. I also think that taking other people's feelings into consideration should be considered a good thing. It is my right to feed my baby, but I do not need to flash everyone both breasts when I do it.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #52
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Right, but breasts are not obscene. How anyone can think of exposed breasts as "disrespectful" while there is a baby present is beyond my comprehension. I feel as if there are security issues involved.
I dont' want to see someone elses breasts. I dont' care if they are feeding a child or not. Have a breast haning out for all to see is not necessary to feed a child on the other breast. I do find it disrespectful. If you want to have them all hang out at home fine go right head. If you want to NIP fine go right ahead but a small amount of respect for others goes a long way.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #53
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I agree to an extent. I don't think there are security issues though, I think some people are just uncomfortable (I don't like being around a shirtless man because I find it attractive on some and can't stop staring thus embarrassing them ), some people have religious and personal beliefs surrounding modesty. I feel like if I want to be respected for my NIP choices then I need to at least be considerate of others choices and beliefs. Just because you are ok with someone completely exposing them self doesn't mean that the majority are, and it is only going to make them look upon NIP negatively in the future. Maybe someday NIP will be the norm and people will be as comfortable as you are, but until that day arrives being that in your face about it just doesn't serve a purpose IMO.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #54
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

It's just not needed. I'm sure that even in places where people are not as uptight about nudity, there's not ladies sitting with their boobs out in restaurants just because they can. Theres a time and a place for a double boob exposure and the middle of a restaurant isn't it. WHY the boobs are out doesn't matter to me it seems unnecessary and attention seeking. Like a pp said I'm sure she went home and blogged about how horrible people were to her while NIP.