Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #71
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: HSing Check-In Nov. 25--Dec. 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
Can I just say ugly week. No one is cooperating and I think I am giving up on getting anything done. We are barely getting core subjects in let alone history or science. I hate weeks like this. Sigh.....Kearnan has been in a foul mood all week and I had to call and have Tharen's meds bumped up again because he was alternating between bouncing off of the walls and arguing with every word out of my mouth. Friday Kearnan has an OT eval, I don't even know what I want to hear from the therapist at this point.

Sorry to be such a downer, this year of school just hasn't been going well. I don't know if it is the ages or if I am just burning out. Perhaps we all need some sort of change. I wish I could buy a car so at the very least I didn't feel so stressed about therapy appts.
Don't be sorry for being a downer. It's not like we can complain to our kids, lol. It's good that you have a place like this to vent to. I've used it to vent plenty this past 7 days.

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #72
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry Shannon, that your week has been so stinky. Try to keep in mind that it seems like it really, really goes in ups and downs, so while things are looking so good right now maybe you'll be on the upside of things soon. And I hope next week is better!

AFU--Yesterday we had a short day planned on account of it being gymnastics and church day and everything went without a hitch. Today we had a short day and it was kind of torturous. I don't know what was going on but the kids seemed much more interested in bickering than actually getting anything done. We finally got most of it done, except their reading practice....I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and do that today or just call it good enough without it.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #73
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

*sigh* Seems there is something in the water in OK, TX, and MO. My kids are having one of those days where they can't seem to be in the same room with each other. Aside from the frustration this brings during the day, I have made the decision to not take them to the Christmas program we were going to go see tonight. I was really wanting to check that out, too. But, DH is flying tomorrow, so needs a restful evening and needs to get to bed early, so leaving them here with him isn't really an option. Not a good one, anyway. Oh well.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #74
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ah, sorry you'll miss your program. I'm so sorry that so many are having hard weeks. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow (or next week). We're still in vacation mode. We've done 3 math lessons this week and everyone has done their free reading, but nothing else. We have a 3 hour drive Friday to First Lego League competition and then back again Saturday afternoon, so I plan to do a little content reading in the van while we're on the road.

Must be in the air, b/c mine are really short-tempered as well (and I can't blame school)!
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #75
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

I'm sorry for those of you having a bad week. We have actually had a pretty good one. The last 2 days my oldest son has finally decided that reading is fun! He is now taking on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory all on his own. We are mostly just doing the 3 R's, but will start adding in some Christmas stuff next week.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #76
croark
Registered Users
seller

To all those having a hard time, keep in mind that December is a very hard school month! And not just for HS families. My BF is a prek teacher at our local PS and she says it's hard for them too in December. Everyone is just burned out and tired yet excited about the Christmas season. So focus is hard.
croark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #77
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our day went much better today so I'm hoping that that's true for the others that were having bad days/weeks. We crossed the 500 hour mark today--that's halfway for Missourians!! Anybody have any good ideas to celebrate?
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #78
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by croark View Post
To all those having a hard time, keep in mind that December is a very hard school month! And not just for HS families. My BF is a prek teacher at our local PS and she says it's hard for them too in December. Everyone is just burned out and tired yet excited about the Christmas season. So focus is hard.
We have actually never had a problem with December. February is usually when we hit a wall. This year, though, we didn't start until the middle of October, and then we spent a week in Michigan for Thanksgiving, and the kids are just having a hard time settling back in. We haven't gone anywhere for Thanksgiving in so long, I think the kids just don't know what to do with a break this time of year.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #79
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

We took today off to finish up some Christmas shopping and everyone had their monthly chiropractic adjustments. DH surprised the kids with lunch at Chuck E Cheese! It was a great family day.