Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Made of Fleece
Registered Users
Formerly: cidcatrichards
seller

all gone please delete

$40 ppd --> $35 ppd. I'd really like to sell this for cheaper, but it's a little bulky and heavy to ship. San Diego locals who want this, definitely PM me, pick up available!

What you will get:
- Quilt
- 2 fitted sheets (with stars)
- Dust ruffle
- 2 of something, not sure how you use it
- Crib bumper
- Original plastic zippered carrying case

Certified by the American Down and Feathered Council

All in excellent gently used condition, just wrinkled from storage. I wish we could use this, but our 1st baby never used the crib. Then, our drop-side crib was recalled, and we won't be getting a new one for baby #2. DH insists we should try to "crib-train" baby #2, but it's a fantasy that I'm not up for trying again. Yay, family bed!

BY THE WAY: I must have been the last to know about the drop-side crib recall, but what are we supposed to do with these? Craigslist specifies they can't be sold there, and I'm not sure anyone will take it donated even if DH can screw the drop side so it doesn't drop... Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Last edited by Made of Fleece; 02-17-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: gone
Made of Fleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby Crib Bedding Set: Zoo Animals Theme 7 piece Boyish Gender Neutral $40ppd

I bought a used drop-side crib right before they banned the sale of drop-side cribs. If you look up all the manufacturer information, serial number, etc. and google recalls with that information, you should be able to find a "repair kit" by the manufacturer. DH used the repair kit and the drop-side no longer functions as a drop-side but is now very secure. If you do decide to donate, you might try listing it on freecycle since they are banned on Craigslist. However, I'd toss the drop-side parts so that nobody is tempted to try to revert back to using that feature. My lo's crib works great. Only pain is that as he is getting older and the mattress is being lowered, it's more difficult to pick him up from a lying position. I have to really lean into the crib to pull him out. I guess when the mattress is lowered completely, I'll just have to have him sit or stand before trying to pick him up. It's a pain but it beats paying retail

Oh, by the way, the repair kit was free. Much safer and secure than trying to "bolt" it yourself - in fact they advise against trying to fix it yourself (w/out the repair kit) as it might not be secure depending on where you put the bolts.

Last edited by neuro_mom; 12-07-2012 at 11:32 PM.
neuro_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
Made of Fleece
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby Crib Bedding Set: Zoo Animals Theme 7 piece Boyish Gender Neutral $40ppd

Do you know if they're still banned from Craigslist even after repaired with their certified kit? I just wonder if it's worth it.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
Made of Fleece
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby Crib Bedding Set: Zoo Animals Theme Boyish Gender Neutral $40ppd Trade frien

bump
Old 12-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made of Fleece View Post
Do you know if they're still banned from Craigslist even after repaired with their certified kit? I just wonder if it's worth it.
I don't know. I wouldn't think so because it's no longer a "drop-side" crib (especially if you don't include the parts for making it a "drop-side" crib. I would make sure to advertise that it has been repaired with the certified kit and that the drop-side feature is no longer available.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Made of Fleece
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby Crib Bedding Set: Zoo Animals Theme Boyish Gender Neutral $40ppd Trade frien

Thanks neuro mom
bumpies!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
Made of Fleece
Registered Users
seller

bump, price reduced. please help me destash
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
mommy5
Registered Users
seller

Hi! Can you pm me pics of the bedding? Can't get them to show up on your page! Thanks!!
mommy5 is offline   Reply With Quote