Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #871
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just ate half of my leftover chimichanga from lunch - at 11pm....it was good, but better fresh! Hope these cravings go away soon - I swear I've gained 2lbs in 3 days haha (ok so probably not really, but I feel like I should have!)

Quiet in here tonight! Everyone better be out having a rocking time with their so's! I'm about ready to call it a night. Dh is too. Gotta get up early tomorrow - busy, busy day. Wish me luck and sanity! Hehe!

Advertisement

Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #872
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ Christmas Crafts: Dec 2-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderbren View Post
Finished Emmy's longies!!! Sucky lighting, but here ya go:
Those look really good! Very impressed! I had to get on my computer to see, my phone wont let me see all images on the app.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 AM   #873
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The app hasn't been working for me so I was shopping a clothes sale I found.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #874
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Erica -- something with these sizes and MM rotations. I am just joining ITR with a size 8ish and wouldn't you know my yarn is stacking, which means, at 10 it would be pooling. Sound familiar? I am doing a chest stripe right now but I will be alternating once the stripe is done. The shoulders knitted up beautifully, that is what I want the rest to look like!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 AM   #875
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies! I thought I was a decent knitter until this pattern. I haven't understood any of it.

Can someone interpret this for me? I already have a hood, and have live stitches on the needles.

"Section 3 setup row
1: Cast on 10 sts by knitting on, then knit across row to
end."
Old 12-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #876
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
Morning ladies! I thought I was a decent knitter until this pattern. I haven't understood any of it.

Can someone interpret this for me? I already have a hood, and have live stitches on the needles.

"Section 3 setup row
1: Cast on 10 sts by knitting on, then knit across row to
end."
is your stuff flat right now? what that's telling you to do is a cast on part to carry over but I really need more to be sure. So, it's similar to where you have to cast on stitches on the hudson hat to make the hat part that connects the ear flaps. it wants you to add 10 stitches (if you turn your work backwards, you knit the last stitch on the left hand needle *which should have your working yarn end in it* with your right hand needle and place the new stitch on the left hand. now knit into that stitch again and again until you have 10 more stitches than you did. Maybe join to the other side and knit or maybe turn back and knit... I would bet you are joining to the other side because she doesn't say turn but that is where I need to know more to be sure.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:22 AM   #877
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
is your stuff flat right now? what that's telling you to do is a cast on part to carry over but I really need more to be sure. So, it's similar to where you have to cast on stitches on the hudson hat to make the hat part that connects the ear flaps. it wants you to add 10 stitches (if you turn your work backwards, you knit the last stitch on the left hand needle *which should have your working yarn end in it* with your right hand needle and place the new stitch on the left hand. now knit into that stitch again and again until you have 10 more stitches than you did. Maybe join to the other side and knit or maybe turn back and knit... I would bet you are joining to the other side because she doesn't say turn but that is where I need to know more to be sure.
The hood is already joined, but I'm still knitting flat. Make sense? This will probably start the scarf portion.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #878
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
The hood is already joined, but I'm still knitting flat. Make sense? This will probably start the scarf portion.
probably.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #879
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Good morning all!

Thank you for all the compliments on my longies.

Fudge sounds yummy, Mindy.

Savannah, your WIP is beautiful. Sending positive thoughts for Avery. I hope she gets better soon!

Fi, go to bed.

I know I missed a lot of people. Sorry.

Mom Mom's Christmas party is this afternoon so I need to make broccoli salad and cook a ton of chicken before I can do anything fun. Today is Brigid's birthday so we are having a little shindig tomorrow for her which means housecleaning too. Yuk. I gave up waiting on my eBay buyer to pay and bought yarn on my CC. Oop's.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #880
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Yes, I am assuming you are starting the "flaps" or scarf portion that comes off both sides of the hood. I would expect you have to CO 10 sts after you knit the others for the second flap.