Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #21
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Pros/Cons of Hip Snaps?

I have the la di da pattern. I think it has both side snap and front snap options. It just depends on where you place the snaps.

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #22
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I have the la di da pattern. I think it has both side snap and front snap options. It just depends on where you place the snaps.
I do not think la-di-da has an option for side snapping closure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post
My understanding of la-di-da dipes are that they are front fastening diapers with hip snaps....is this not so?
Hip snap is something different. It is what added to front closing diapers to prevent wing droop. It doesn't make a diaper hip snapping.

If we talk about different closures, I'd say there are front closing diapers and side closing diapers. Hip snapping diapers is a variation of front snap closing diapers. The difference between front snapping diapers and hip snapping diapers is that the last ones close on hips. Regular front snapping diapers close on the front. Hip snapping diapers have wings almost the same length as the front panel

ETA: thank you to the OP for starting this thread. I know it was not about hip snapping diapers . But it made me think about changing my pattern to hip snapping. Hip snapping diapers fit so nicely different babies.
olstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #23
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVeryBest View Post
I do not think la-di-da has an option for side snapping
Considering I used my la di da pattern to make side snap diapers I would have to disagree.

Hip snap is something different. It is what added to front closing diapers to prevent wing droop. It doesn't make a diaper hip snapping.

If we talk about different closures, I'd say there are front closing diapers and side closing diapers. Hip snapping diapers is a variation of front snap closing diapers. The difference between front snapping diapers and hip snapping diapers is that the last ones close on hips. Regular front snapping diapers close on the front. Hip snapping diapers have wings almost the same length as the front panel

ETA: thank you to the OP for starting this thread. I know it was not about hip snapping diapers . But it made me think about changing my pattern to hip snapping. Hip snapping diapers fit so nicely different babies.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #24
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Considering I used my la di da pattern to make side snap diapers I would have to disagree..
You got me curious. Could you possibly check the pattern for me? I used to have it and pretty sure there was no side snapping option. Maybe you have a new version?
olstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #25
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We have pockets with hips & I like for the added adjustability like if need for day but not night. No leaks either way.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #26
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Well now I have searched my house and found many things I was looking for including one of my missing snappis. However I have not found my diaper patterns of which I have 3 different ones. It is possible the side snapping diaper I made was from one of these other patterns. You now have me questioning what I have and what I used. I do remember the only difference in the side snap and front snap was the placement of the snaps.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #27
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
Well now I have searched my house and found many things I was looking for including one of my missing snappis. However I have not found my diaper patterns of which I have 3 different ones. It is possible the side snapping diaper I made was from one of these other patterns. You now have me questioning what I have and what I used. I do remember the only difference in the side snap and front snap was the placement of the snaps.
I have the sized and OS LDD pattern, they come with a front or back rise option but not side snapping My friend's sister created the pattern, she sells under the name Rumpsack using the OS back rise option. It does look similar to another pattern I've used though and I'm sure it could be modified!

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote