Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #31
raymark's Avatar
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,116
My Mood:
Re: Im a little upset...should i be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof4forme! View Post
It's none of these .

I've decided to just leave it alone. She took the tags off yesterday and wore it (I had no idea so I'm assuming it doesn't work like the VS line). If she's happy, it's worth 20 bucks to me.

As for the comments about her age, she'll be 15 in just over 3 weeks. She wears make up, highlights her hair, and wears padded bras. I tell her she's more beautiful without it, but she likes it. She's also an honor student, was on the cheer team and tennis team, doesn't drink, smoke, or use drugs, and she talks to me about everything! I'd say if she wants me to buy her padded bras is the most of my worries with her...I'm doing a pretty good job!

I'm a bit annoyed with the unsoliticed parenting advise and rude comments you've gotten on a post asking about a transaction issue....I can imagine how you feel about it. We're not all living in 'Little House on the Prarie' times - good grief!

Advertisement

raymark is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #32
NiNi's Avatar
NiNi
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,163
I could understand the misunderstanding (ha!) for people who are looking for a bombshell by VS bra, bombshell in the title would automatically make you think it was. For people who don't know about VS line, you'd think it was descriptive.

I cant say I think the seller was being misleading. She might not have even known about the VS line.
NiNi is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #33
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la la land
Posts: 19,890
Re: Im a little upset...should i be?

OP I'm sorry you feel misled. I didn't know about the VS line, so maybe she didn't either. I hate to say it but if you didn't specifically ask if it was VS, you don't have any recourse. It stinks but lesson learned, right? As for the comments posted about OP's daughter that was rude and uncalled for. She didn't ask your opinion on that, so stow it.
3lilbubs is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #34
Fashionably Green Baby's Avatar
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,740
My Mood:
Re: Im a little upset...should i be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof4forme! View Post
As for the comments about her age, she'll be 15 in just over 3 weeks. She wears make up, highlights her hair, and wears padded bras. I tell her she's more beautiful without it, but she likes it. She's also an honor student, was on the cheer team and tennis team, doesn't drink, smoke, or use drugs, and she talks to me about everything! I'd say if she wants me to buy her padded bras is the most of my worries with her...I'm doing a pretty good job!
:clap: I totally agree. There are MUCH worse things in the world. Most people who "don't believe in" falsifying curves aren't stuck with AA or A cup size breasts. I am barely an A cup and although I don't wear push up bras regularly I see no issue with them.
__________________
Britney
Mom of 4 awesome kids

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now  
Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #35
SamanthaLove88's Avatar
SamanthaLove88
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New England- CT
Posts: 2,961
My Mood:
Re: Im a little upset...should i be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post

I'm a bit annoyed with the unsoliticed parenting advise and rude comments you've gotten on a post asking about a transaction issue....I can imagine how you feel about it. We're not all living in 'Little House on the Prarie' times - good grief!
__________________
A [7]M [5]C [3]
& Homesteading Mom To Many!
SamanthaLove88 is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #36
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Post Re: Im a little upset...should i be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post

I'm a bit annoyed with the unsoliticed parenting advise and rude comments you've gotten on a post asking about a transaction issue....I can imagine how you feel about it. We're not all living in 'Little House on the Prarie' times - good grief!
You're right. I'm going to go back and delete my snotty comment, sorry OP!
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #37
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark


I'm a bit annoyed with the unsoliticed parenting advise and rude comments you've gotten on a post asking about a transaction issue....I can imagine how you feel about it. We're not all living in 'Little House on the Prarie' times - good grief!
I don't think anyone gave parenting advice. And you never like anyone comments ray mark. Lol. I don't have a problem with you or anything/ No one said anything about my little prairie. You just like to get people revved up like that. Lol.

It's again, a public forum. And comments are not regulated to stay on the transaction subject. I came in here for the actual title. Not any other reason.

And I do find it craze-balls to buy a child a bra like that. I was all those things at 15. Lol. But my parents didn't also feel it earned me the right to sexualize my body at 15. But that's not the point. There was no parenting advice.. Anywhere here.... So.......
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #38
drunkenmonkeysmommy1's Avatar
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: right outside of Memphis ,TN
Posts: 5,675
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof4forme!

It's none of these .

I've decided to just leave it alone. She took the tags off yesterday and wore it (I had no idea so I'm assuming it doesn't work like the VS line). If she's happy, it's worth 20 bucks to me.

As for the comments about her age, she'll be 15 in just over 3 weeks. She wears make up, highlights her hair, and wears padded bras. I tell her she's more beautiful without it, but she likes it. She's also an honor student, was on the cheer team and tennis team, doesn't drink, smoke, or use drugs, and she talks to me about everything! I'd say if she wants me to buy her padded bras is the most of my worries with her...I'm doing a pretty good job!
My point was that there are other bombshell bras out there, not just vs bras.
I just hate it that you bought it thinking you were getting one thing when in fact it was another. That always stinks. Not the sellers fault, but it still stinks! I am just glad your dd likes it.
__________________
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...0#post15969570
wet bags,snack bags,super hero capes, dino tails, tutus ,crayon rolls, tote bags,cloth diaper key chains,kid's aprons, car roll ups, and much more!
drunkenmonkeysmommy1 is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #39
drunkenmonkeysmommy1's Avatar
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: right outside of Memphis ,TN
Posts: 5,675
My Mood:
And on the plus side, you now know you can find her bras that she likes for $8 at TJ max instead of $24 THAT would make me extremely happy
__________________
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...0#post15969570
wet bags,snack bags,super hero capes, dino tails, tutus ,crayon rolls, tote bags,cloth diaper key chains,kid's aprons, car roll ups, and much more!
drunkenmonkeysmommy1 is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #40
Rdesonia's Avatar
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,689
My Mood:
Re: Im a little upset...should i be?

I understand why the OP felt a little misled. It was not what she thought it was from the description.
I think a SELLER should mention what brand the product is they are selling. If a person was selling a Diaper and called it a 4.0 but never said it was a Bumenius or mentioned brand .......The buyer would be disappointed if they got something else that was not a BG 4.0 nor did it mention 4.0 anywhere on the tag.

Even though the OP has decided to keep the item, I think she should let the seller know that the item was not what she was expecting so it doesn't happen to others.
__________________
Sahm married to a wonderful man who does the dishes with DS 11/18/02 and DD 7/11/11

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.