Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #31
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWifeBethany

You're such a sweet mama! Thank you for your kind words. I do think I went through some serious birth trauma, which my family has kind of shrugged off and belittled since they think I should just be happy that she's healthy. I AM very happy that she's healthy and thriving, but my birth experience was everything I didn't want it to be, and that's hard to just "get over." It's been a year, and I rarely think about it, but it's still very very real to me. I still remember everything like it was yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
((Hugs))

I know exactly what that is like. My first delivery was traumatic (different details, but still traumatic). There are some counselors who can help women process and work trough disappointing and traumatic birth situations. If you're interested I can do some digging for you and see if there are any in your area? Feel free to PM me. :-) I've found that the most important factors for mom having a satisfying and healing experience is that she feels safe and supported. Te details on mode of delivery don't actually matter as long as you feel safe and supported. For me that looked like planning an hbac after my CS bc of my specific trauma and triggers. For another woman that might look like planning a peaceful cesarean birth. The importance is knowing what will make you feel safe and what kind of support will be most meaningful to you, and finding your voice and a supportive birth team.

((Hugs)) to you on your journey, mama.

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #32
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well being a vbac mama you're unable to be induced. If you want to have a repeat go for it.

How ever if you want a vbac you could always wait to schedule your c section until 41 weeks. If nothing happens then you wont go thru a repeat section. Its very risky to be induced with a previous csection.

Last edited by jaelynsmommy61607; 12-01-2012 at 12:16 PM.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607
Well being a vbac mama you're unable to be induced. If you want to have a repeat go for it.

How ever if you want a vbac you could always wait to schedule your c section until 41 weeks. If nothing happens then you wont go thru an induction. Its very risky to be induced with a previous csection.
I'd look into the actual data about this before making any final decisions about induction. There is an increased risk of rupture with the use of cytotec, a small increase with low doses of pitocin, and (as far as I have read) not any added risk with the use of a Foley catheter for dilation. There ARE induction options available that don't require pitocin. I'm only presenting those as options for mamas who want to avoid a CS for post dates (which doesn't sound like you). If a mama was forced to choose between induction (say at 41/42 weeks) and an elective CS, you do have the option of induction IF you want it. For a mom who has no medical indication for another cesarean, and who wants to avoid a second one bc she plans on having a large family (risks to future pregnancies increase with each section), induction can be a safe option under certain circumstances. It doesn't mean ob's should be encouraging mom's to induce or taking an in scion of a vbac lightly, but it is an option.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #34
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon

I'd look into the actual data about this before making any final decisions about induction. There is an increased risk of rupture with the use of cytotec, a small increase with low doses of pitocin, and (as far as I have read) not any added risk with the use of a Foley catheter for dilation. There ARE induction options available that don't require pitocin. I'm only presenting those as options for mamas who want to avoid a CS for post dates (which doesn't sound like you). If a mama was forced to choose between induction (say at 41/42 weeks) and an elective CS, you do have the option of induction IF you want it. For a mom who has no medical indication for another cesarean, and who wants to avoid a second one bc she plans on having a large family (risks to future pregnancies increase with each section), induction can be a safe option under certain circumstances. It doesn't mean ob's should be encouraging mom's to induce or taking an in scion of a vbac lightly, but it is an option.
I totally mistyped that. I mean after 41 weeks have a repeat. Sorry. I'm a hba2c mama and know the risks. I wouldn't induce with pit or the pill.

Last edited by jaelynsmommy61607; 12-01-2012 at 12:18 PM.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #35
1nOnlyLilRed
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Am I horrible for WANTING a repeat c/s?

Your story sounds almost exactly like mine :-( I find myself asking the same thing!
1nOnlyLilRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #36
Jomama521
Registered Users

I am wanting a c section with number two as well! I could not fully dilate and am afraid it will be a repeat!
Jomama521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #37
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a terrible experience delivering my first child and opted for a repeat c/s. best decision I ever made! My repeat c/s was a breeze! I was up and walking in twelve hours. I was able to breast feed on the second attempt. I was off pain meds in 24 hours. I even went home a day early. (Had the baby Tuesday night, went home Thursday afternoon!)

I would do a c/s EVERY time! During my second c/s, I was relaxed, chatted with the doctors and nurses and I was able to hold the baby right away. It was my ideal birth experience.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #38
ArmyWifeBethany
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad
I had a terrible experience delivering my first child and opted for a repeat c/s. best decision I ever made! My repeat c/s was a breeze! I was up and walking in twelve hours. I was able to breast feed on the second attempt. I was off pain meds in 24 hours. I even went home a day early. (Had the baby Tuesday night, went home Thursday afternoon!)

I would do a c/s EVERY time! During my second c/s, I was relaxed, chatted with the doctors and nurses and I was able to hold the baby right away. It was my ideal birth experience.
That's awesome! I hope my next experience will be the same way! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #39
Sabby7007
Registered Users

No way. I really liked the fact that my delivery was planned and I did not have any labor pains...my experiencw as a walk in the park compared to yours...and I plan on having all my kids via c-section....personal preference....
Sabby7007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #40
Paristoo4
Registered Users

There's no shame in choosing your birth experience. You don't owe anyone an explanation. Don't be deterred and let others make you feel bad. I think you are making an informed decision.
Paristoo4 is offline   Reply With Quote