Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #41
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by raagen View Post
Is it okay to use in HE machines? If so, I'm taking my tide back to try this.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
yes

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #42
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: OK...please tell me about Target Pristine Detergent I'm intrigued! Better than Ti

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is old stuff because there were suds in my first warm rinse (before I put any detergent in).
Old 12-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #43
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

....and still bubbles...
this is why I am so desperate to find a detergent that works but doesn't require a zillion rinses!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #44
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post

Its a plan, I found this detergent sudding a lot at first but after some use started getting much much less. Its now hands down the cleanest rinsing detergent Ive used to date. So I think it was old stuff getting removed.
I'm still having sudding after my extra rinse, but it is not as much as before. I'm guessing I had more build up then I thought with Tide. I'm doing my normal prerinse, hot wash with this detergent, then 2 extra washes with nothing. Every wash I am noticing less sudding. I am hoping it gets to the point where all I have to do is one extra rinse in the end. Even if it doesn't, this is way less rinsing than Tide and it is cleaning well.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #45
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

The first time I used the Target detergent, I had to rinse like 7 or 8 times. I was thinking that it wasn't going to be worth it. The second time I used it, it was more like 3-4 times and now everything is fine after one extra rinse cycle. I use halfway up on the cup in my old, water guzzling top loader. I think that's the 3 line.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #46
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Neat I'm going to try some when we run out of our Tide.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #47
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm having to do a lot of rinses too. I guess that stops after awhile.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #48
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712 View Post
I'm still having sudding after my extra rinse, but it is not as much as before. I'm guessing I had more build up then I thought with Tide. I'm doing my normal prerinse, hot wash with this detergent, then 2 extra washes with nothing. Every wash I am noticing less sudding. I am hoping it gets to the point where all I have to do is one extra rinse in the end. Even if it doesn't, this is way less rinsing than Tide and it is cleaning well.
I still run one extra quick cycle after my was cycle but its gobs less than I did with tide where I was often running 3-5 extra FULL loads including extra rinse cycles.. I dont really peek much anymore but soemtiems my second intial rinse will be crystal clear sometime a little suddy but yea nothing like before. I run the extra quick wash jsut to be sure and because my DD is quite sensitive.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #49
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had been using Country Save and didn't need extra rinses with my first round of Target clean pristine... that was yesterday... I think we're good, but I need more time to pass to see how the bum tolerates. Kids also at school with their first round of clothes washed in it.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #50
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

ok, still liking this... enough so DH and DD bought more on a target run. so, just did some clothes/crib sheet/new imagines and was bowled over by a smell in the washer when I opened it-- I figured DH poured a bottle of spray and wash on his shirts and there was so much that it stunk up the baby load after it. nope. dd grabbed the lavender I didn't check because it looks the same. Its strong. Just triple rinsed a load and dried so I'll try another wash on it to see how quickly I can reduce the smell. I did another load of laundry after and the washer still smells.

yes, it takes more rinses than CS for me- still almost a month later. Many more bubbles in my FL. But I really think they're cleaner. Not yet a hint of ammonia and I don't rinse my overnight dipes. No rashes in sight.

How is it working for you? any updates?
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote