Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #141
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dec Stash Game Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
knitting knitting knitting on a pair of christmas longies for dd.

I need to find some patterns to make her some clothes for her bitty baby...any ideas?
You might try here for doll clothes patterns. http://www.susankramer.com/sitemapdolls.html

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #142
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG... 5 freaking hours of hand sewing to finish this monkey! I bet it would have taken half of that if I had a needle that was a bit more suited to the job! My arms and hands are so sore!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #143
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

so.. I've spent a lot of hours today crocheting this hat, it doesn't look bad, but it is waaay too big for a newborn, but too short for my son (toddler) so I'm thinking I'll just add more rows for length and then finish it off, and try again with a smaller hook to get the newborn size I was hoping for this time around.... good thing I wanted the same hat in both sizes!

They're also the colors for where my husband went to grad school... maybe I'll make him a hat for his birthday too!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #144
3boys_mom
Registered Users

So I finished my UFO for this week. Waaay too much hand stitching. My fingers hurt! EIGHT hours total. Plus the little bit I had worked on last month. Talk about a labor of love. But I know my girls will love it. I had originally planned on making one for each of them so there would be no fighting. Ummm not making a second one anytime soon! They can learn to share LOL.

I started adding in my points on the game thread. It's a little too confusing trying to do it near the end of the month.

Rockinlou~love that you're hooked on hooking. It's like once you start, you cannot stop. At least that is how I feel sometimes. Unless I get frustrated with something. I did the same thing once with a hat I planned to make DD1 when she was tiny. It fit my 5yo at the time. Ooops! She wears it now though, so it's all good.

Sommer~I posted on the SNS thread, but awesome sock monkey. And I feel your pain with the hours of hand stitching. I had to space it out. That and I usually can only get at most two hours of crafting time a day/night.

So what are everyone's plans for 'gift week'? I'm going to start cutting material for the many pairs of slippers I really, really want to get done. I know I will be doing a pair each for the boys. I am still undecided about doing a pair for the girls. My youngest isn't a walker yet. I want to also do a pair for DH, but I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure I read in the game thread that you get a point for dyeing fabric or a garment. I want to dye the fabric I got for the slippers. It is white, but I think this grey color that I have on hand will look nice. And they won't look dirty as fast [I hope ]
Old 12-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #145
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I spent 3 hours working on my angry birds. Tonight I worked on 4 small green pigs. Sewing small stuff its really tedious. This project is going to take me way longer than I thought especially since I'm saving most of the hand sewing for last. I suck at hand sewing, I just don't know how.
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #146
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been knitting away on this hat... had to rip out once, posted about that, now I get to the decreases, work 4 rows and realize that I'm pretty sure I was reading the decreases wrong... haven't heard back from the pattern designer yet... I just want to finish this hat... really not liking this pattern. And I'm testing a hat pattern for a friend... it's turning out so cute! I love the yarn I dyed for this one

This week I'm going to hopefully get the necklaces done for the girls' Christmas presents and maybe get the sweater done for Jeremiah. After I get these 2 and the necklaces done I'm going to start on Jonnie's romper, but he's so huge there's no way I'm going to finish in a week... its going to take 3-4 hanks of MMR to make his romper.

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #147
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Well, the hat fits my son, it just needs more length. Not that he will keep it on or that we need it in Georgia...

Sounds like we are all having a rough go of it this weekend! I'm going to try and wrap some things up today, I have been slacking on a research project at work and need to catch up on that this coming week
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #148
3boys_mom
Registered Users

I'd so much rather be sewing 'fun' things. But somehow I keep getting caught up with what seems to be the neverending mending pile.
I mended two of DS2's toys that have been waiting for at least a year for me to fix. Then I fixed the boys' shoe holder. They are so rough with it that the pockets were getting ripped apart. And I took the ankle zippers out of a pair of DH's pants.
I really wanted to start in on the slippers today. I guess that will have to wait until after school tomorrow.

Last edited by 3boys_mom; 12-09-2012 at 09:23 PM.
3boys_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #149
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, my nephews went home today so hopefully I will get something done tomorrow. Tonight, I rest. Lol. I think I'm going to make some clothes for scentsy buddies. Anyone tried that before? They are for Christmas presents. I think I'm going to try peasant dresses and simple skirts.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #150
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Slippers progress is slow going. I did get the soles cut out for the three boys' pairs. I have yet to dye the fabric. I should do that before I cut LOL. Two of them have told me what they would like on their pair; ie which print. So I can get those cut out.

Since I got in to a rut today after an argument with DH I decided to work on another couple of UFOs I had laying around. I 'finally' put the face on the Dolly I crocheted for DD2 right after she was born. It's been faceless all this time. I don't know what points, if any, I 'd get...the UFO point maybe? Oh and I guess the pic point once I post that. Then I finished a crocheted Santa I started just before LAST Christmas.

I'm thinking ahead to the Christmas week bonus. I want to work on my plastic canvas nativity. How would points go for that? Hand stitching time plus yarn amount? Maybe a FO point based on size?