Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
wool reccommendations please

Looking for something for over gerber trainers at daycare. Im not concerned with the price, just the function. Im thinking ill only need 2. Would sbish underwoolies be good for this or no? I dont want the trainer sticking out the leg holes or something but also dont want it to be too bulky under clothes. The disanas look ok too but i think too much coverage than we need. If you have other suggestions im open too. Mainly looking for the trimmest option, something underwear style. He is 26 lbs, his gerbers are 2t with lots of room, i dont want the cover too tight but also cant be falling off, he is skinny(need size suggestions as well lol).

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
thoughtfulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd get some wool longies, that way you solve the problem of clothing and a soaker in one! There's chickadeeandme me on etsy who does recycled wool longies. Also wild coconut wear on etsy that does interlock wool. Or sbish longies that are knit or interlock. Etsy and hyenacart have tons of mamas with cute stuff, check em out!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
thoughtfulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Or even fleece longies would be great too!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: wool reccommendations please

i dont think anyone makes longies long enough for him, hes very, very tall. Would need like a 14in inseam lol, with a 18-24 mo waist for his tiny butt. We use 3t or 4t pants with the waist all the way in lol
Old 12-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
chickabiddy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If I was going to do wool, I would do a Wild Coconut Wear soaker. It'll give more protection than underwoolies, but is pretty trim.

However, I think it would make PL'ing even more difficult if he had to get a pants, a soaker and underwear down.

I wouldn't want to knit a 14 inch inseam and you might need Andre the Giant's old sweaters to upcycle. I'm sure someone could make some long fleece longies though. Carters also had fleece pants (or they did anyway) that were fairly trim.
chickabiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
tomandkara
Registered Users
seller

I could make you custom fleece longies if you wanted to go that route. I've done that sizing combo before. Just message me here or on my facebook page (linked below) if you have any questions!
Find me on facebook and Hyena Cart to see my custom-dyed wool interlock, hybrid fitted diapers, and children's clothes! I stock Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. EST!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post
If I was going to do wool, I would do a Wild Coconut Wear soaker. It'll give more protection than underwoolies, but is pretty trim.

However, I think it would make PL'ing even more difficult if he had to get a pants, a soaker and underwear down.

I wouldn't want to knit a 14 inch inseam and you might need Andre the Giant's old sweaters to upcycle. I'm sure someone could make some long fleece longies though. Carters also had fleece pants (or they did anyway) that were fairly trim.
I agree with everything. WCW soakers are the trimmest cut that I've tried, yet bulletproof, but I can't imagine DD pulling them off easily, especially if she's in a hurry to potty.

I bought 4 pairs if the Carter's fleece pants from Target last month (I'm sure Walmart has them too if you're not opposed to that) for daycare. They use the same pair of pants all day and they don't stink of urine when I pick DD up. They were super cheap, I could care less if they get dirty/ruined, plus they are cute and trim.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
jills_mama
Registered Users

What about the Disana leggings? They do run long in that size, so they might work? Super easy for him to pull up/down. I can measure the inseam tomorrow if you want.
jills_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:40 AM   #9
OlliePeapod
Registered Users
seller

You can try Sbish Basewoolies... They're like UWs but two layer on top and a single layer legging style. They're kind of hard to get right now, but preorders are up for the next batch.
OlliePeapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
lilysmom2011
Registered Users
seller

Check out my etsy shop: lilysdreams. I have a lot to choose from and some of my longies are really long!
lilysmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote