Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #21
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~
We do "something to eat, something to read, something to play with & something they need". It makes it easy & keeps me from going overboard (except on the eat part LOL). I just told my 22 year old my formula & she was shocked - she had never realized that I did that! LOL

I find it is minimal waste - food gets eaten, we get "keeper" books whenever possible (or special magazine subscriptions), something they need is obviously not going to be trashed, so the only questionable item is something to play with, but we try to really target each person. Crafty kids might get supplies, musicians can get something for that, gamers might get a remote they want or a game, our teen dd usually gets make-up.
I really like this theme.

Advertisement

Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #22
irishdancemomma
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~
We do "something to eat, something to read, something to play with & something they need". It makes it easy & keeps me from going overboard (except on the eat part LOL). I just told my 22 year old my formula & she was shocked - she had never realized that I did that! LOL

I find it is minimal waste - food gets eaten, we get "keeper" books whenever possible (or special magazine subscriptions), something they need is obviously not going to be trashed, so the only questionable item is something to play with, but we try to really target each person. Crafty kids might get supplies, musicians can get something for that, gamers might get a remote they want or a game, our teen dd usually gets make-up.
I just realized that I accidentally followed this formula for my son's stocking. Haha! I like it though.

Eat: Nesquik chocolate milk mix
Read: nursery rhyme book
Play: wood cars
Need: spill resistant snack cups
irishdancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #23
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am done this year, but dh and I have already decided we are going to follow this for next year...

Although we will do:
Something they want, something then need, something to eat, something to clean .

Clean and need don't rhyme exactly, but close enough...and I like that there are parameters...3 littles close in age, so no one feels left out.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #24
LRL
Registered Users
seller

Re: Stocking stuffer ideas

So far: Crayons, toothbrushes, underwear, and mini staplers.
LRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #25
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So far DD (2) has a pack of crayons and a $.99 slinky from the bargain bin at target. She looooooves slinkies. I will probably add some stickers or other art stuff.
A family member likes to put dried fruit (think dried mango slices or pineapple, the $$ stuff) in her kids' stockings. They love it - it's a treat to them - it all gets eaten, and she knows they had something vaguely nutritious that day :-)
Hmm, we did easter eggs with raisins, wonder if we could find Christmas-themed thingies to fill with raisins and cranberries (her newest).
Old 11-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #26
Daffodil Dolls
Registered Users
Formerly: GiftsfromGod
seller

My Mood:

My kids love getting fun (with their favorite character etc) bandaids in their stocking. I'll usually let them use some on their dolls/bears "owies" and save some for them to use when they need a bandaid.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #27
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

We don't do too much, but baby is just 1 and really doesn't have any expectations. We're definitely doing nuts in shells and fruit. A nice warm hat, probably toothpaste, and some slime or something to add to her sensory bin. I like cruising the dollar store for craft materials like pipe cleaners and bingo dabbers, so I might have to stop by.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

For Ds1 2 I am doing:
crayon rocks (coop)
a kinder chocolate bundle (onsale)
wooden trucks (heartsy)
Ikea wind up flashlight
Bubbles
wool socks

For DS2 2 months:
lovey
wooden rattles
wool socks

DH:
he gets the more expensive junk food I never buy like m and ms lol
Old 12-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #29
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Organic sweets are a big one, and gum, things they never get otherwise. Then, a couple of fun Target dollar spot things, a wooden x-small shut the box game, hair bows, organic chap stick, toothbrushes, etc.

I had silly bands and small legos, but I had to use those in their shoes for the Feast of St. Nick on December 6 since I had forgotten to buy chocolate coins. Luckily our stockings are sort of narrow and it doesn't take much to fill them up!!!
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote