Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
WOW- where'd my 'roll' go???

I was on this great decluttering roll and was feeling so good. Now I've fizzled out and even without buying a thing, my house seems re-cluttered. Where on earth does it come from?

I just remind myself that had I not just decluttered a *literal* truckload, it would be much worse, right?

Baby steps, baby steps....

Advertisement

momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: WOW- where'd my 'roll' go???

I think our level of tolerance changes with each load we take out if our home. Plus we also burn ourselves out sometimes when we purge. But that could be just me....
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

One piece of crap at a time....

I found something today that I didn't need, bundled it up and out it goes tomorrow.

Baby steps!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm worried my 'roll' will go too! In the past few days we purged my room, my closet, my bathroom, DDs bathroom and I just finished DD's room. My living room is full of junk that needs to go. I can't believe how easy it is since I've started. Maybe I can get through the house before I lose it!

To get back on track maybe try picking a drawer or a cabinet and just doing that one little spot. If you feel like doing more than pick out another little area and go for it. Good luck mama!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid
I think our level of tolerance changes with each load we take out if our home. Plus we also burn ourselves out sometimes when we purge. But that could be just me....
I agree! A couple of months ago I went through the 8 Weeks of Decluttering (or 40 Day Purge), and then found myself at a standstill afterwards. I really did feel burned out. For two months I had been so focused on purging and decluttering that I even felt those efforts were taking priority over my real duties as a wife and mom. I also didn't feel as though my husband was on board with my efforts.
Now, it's been another two months since I finished the 40 Day Purge, and I am feeling the urge to purge This time, however, my husband definitely seems supportive. I am tackling the basement, and he bought me new shelving units the other day.
I think it's good to take the decluttering in steps, and not drive yourself (and everyone you live with) crazy!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

Oh and if you find weevils in your pantry, it becomes REALLY easy to declutter that particular space.

Lunch took four hours as opposed to one today...

But, the pantry looks awesome and everything left is super sealed thanks to the foodsaver.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
crnchy_mama_lala
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid View Post
I agree with this! Now that I've started the process of purging I get frustrated with the clutter that's left so much more easily. I am also starting to feel like it will never be done because I've been at it for so long and am still going. I know in a lot of ways it will be an ongoing process for the rest of my life (people will always give us gifts, we will always outgrown clothes or wear them out, etc) but it's tiring to deal with.
crnchy_mama_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

same here. i have been in perge mode again too. i dont have as much to purge as i did when i 1st started out but i have found stuff that can go. what i dont get is i have less then 1/2 the stuff i own b4 i did the major purge starting 2yrs ago & my place still gets to b a wreck. u would think less stuff less mess. i dose bum me out tooo & make me feel like my hard work is getting me nowhere. i have to remind myself. its the lil steps that matter & there r times when i think about what my place use to b like & it gives me motivation i need to keep going.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I'm currently on a declutterinf roll as we speak! Just element through one of the dds rooms and got rid of one bag of trash and one bag of donation-including 15 stuffed animals! Yesterday I went through 2 dds clothes- sold 31 pieces overnight in lots on eBay and the rest are in donation bags- at least 30 more pieces! My office is currently filled with stuff for donation/ garage sale. Dh wants to have a garage sale next weekend. If it doesn't happen all the stuff will be donated then. I'm trying to get through every room before then!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #10
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crnchy_mama_lala View Post
I agree with this! Now that I've started the process of purging I get frustrated with the clutter that's left so much more easily. I am also starting to feel like it will never be done because I've been at it for so long and am still going. I know in a lot of ways it will be an ongoing process for the rest of my life (people will always give us gifts, we will always outgrown clothes or wear them out, etc) but it's tiring to deal with.
i wanted to send u & to let u know that u wont always b purging truck loads of stuff. it will get to b less & less to the point where @ time u will b looking for stuff to purge when your in the mood. (like i have been :giggle) also, it will get to the point when a major purge used to b bags & bags fill up the car to a bag of clothing your child just outgrew or a few items here & there u decided u no longer need. i remember when i started out. the beging is the hardest. it dose get easer over time.