Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #51
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Im a little upset...should i be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Huh.
I was a C cup at 14.

Edit: I should finish reading threads before responding. I see this one went a bit off topic.

OP, it stinks, but it seems like this is one of those lesson learned transactions. $20 for a bra is still a decent price!

Advertisement

Last edited by themamageek; 12-08-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #52
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

All I could think of as I went through this is that I sure would have LOVED one of those when I was 15. Sure would have beat my cutting the shoulder pads out of my moms clothes to stuff my bra.

Since I did finally manage to grow boobs, I wonder if they have anything that will put the girls back up where they were before nursing 5 kids took a toll on them? I mean if VS can increase my size by 2 cups surely they can raise 'em up several inches?

Think I'll head head in to the city next week...

Oh, wait

OP, you could contact the seller and ask her if she was aware that this is not a VS bombshell bra but one that can be bought for $8. Just see what she says. I'd personally chalk it up to a lesson learned

Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #53
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
All I could think of as I went through this is that I sure would have LOVED one of those when I was 15. Sure would have beat my cutting the shoulder pads out of my moms clothes to stuff my bra.

Since I did finally manage to grow boobs, I wonder if they have anything that will put the girls back up where they were before nursing 5 kids took a toll on them? I mean if VS can increase my size by 2 cups surely they can raise 'em up several inches?

Think I'll head head in to the city next week...

Oh, wait

OP, you could contact the seller and ask her if she was aware that this is not a VS bombshell bra but one that can be bought for $8. Just see what she says. I'd personally chalk it up to a lesson learned
Oh what I would pay for one of those. Especially if it did not cause muffin tops on the tops of the boobs
Old 12-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #54
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Holy crap! Those bras add 2 cup sizes on VS? How old is your DD, lol.
VS runs small. If you look at all of their adds, those models are wearing bras that are a size or two too small.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #55
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OP.

I can see why you felt mislead, but it honestly sounds like it was a misunderstanding. I think you did the right thing by just letting this one go since your daughter loves the bra and it fits her well.

And who cares if you let her wear a padded bra. Every girl likes to feel pretty, and if this is what makes her feel good about her self, and she's not running around doing drugs or sleeping with every guy she sees.... then who cares if she's wearing a padded bra. It makes her feel pretty, and as long as mom is ok with that, then no one else should care.

*hugs*

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #56
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

I don't join the better mom debates. And I'm sorry you feel I am snarky. My personality is different than yours. I speak it how I think it and that's what was in my mind. I get a lot of people PM me who say they agree with my posts but fear speaking their thoughts like I do. Because people on DS immediately attack someones opposite views.. It's true. You must be one of them. How sad.

I am not exactly sure where I think
I am a better mom, in this thread.... Feel free to pm me where I say that. I think it's a riot when I can disagree with something/ and get a comments like yours.

I think
Increasing your child's bra size to
Look like she has breasts twice the size as her natural ones, interesting. Where or how I said I was a better mOm- I'm confused. Lol. A modest bra. Slight padding- maybe. Two sizes?? So she's likely an A right now- going to a C. Blows my mind. At 15?

Feel free to block me if you don't care for me. I'd take no offense. My opinion is just that. MINE. I personally don't attack others in threads. If I
Don't like what they say it's that.

I don't think you'd find many people (moms) anywhere in support of how early we are allowing young girls to use their bodies as their source of self esteem. Big boobs don't teach a child self respect. Even the greatest children can have serious body issues. And a parent never know. Even the greatest children break under social pressures and I do think boundaries on sexualizing a teenagers body is in the realm of parenting.

This moms boundaries are obviously much further than what I had in my life. I am grateful my
Mom taught me to love what I
Have. I have extremely small breasts. I am also now a runner so they are even smaller. And I am okay with that. Finally. It started with my mom though. Having boundaries for me to not pretend my breasts were huge.

I remember water bras coming out at that age. I wanted one. They felt real after all!! And my mom flat out asked me- why I felt the need to wear a bra like that. I still remember how important that conversation was in my young, mold able mind. so, again, for me- I can't relate to a child getting a bra like that.

Does any of this make her a bad parent? I don't think I said that. In my experience, looking back- I am thankful my mom took a different approach. I rock a small A cup. And as much I thought big breasts would change things for me when I was younger- I realize they would not change what was most important and that was loving myself. As an adult I can now get implants. And have chosen not to. Not that I disagree with them in adulthood or anything- I just really have learned to
Love me.

Sorry for the tangent. Lol. I didn't personally attack OP. so vmomma, you can take this time to block me

And AGAIN I entered the thread not knowing what a bombshell bra was . So I had no intent on doing anything other than reading the thread and commenting. My thoughts are my
Own. Not sure when I rode in on my stallion. Lol
:handclap:
Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #57
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
I rock an a cup as well.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #58
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post

Keen, I think I you.

OP, I'd definitely let the seller know that you feel misled and see how they respond. Worst case scenario you overpaid for a bra by a bit, but your dd likes it anyway.

Swag with me! I earn $25 in Amazon gift cards every month with very little effort! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Anniekins1488
Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #59
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
I rock an a cup as well.
AA here. ill take a bombshell bra
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #60
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

I'm not a prude or even conservative and I have tiny boobs but I'm glad my Mom did not encourage me to objectify myself at 14 by allowing a bra like that. What message is this sending 'our' little girls?
Closed Thread