Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #21
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had a good day. The birthday party was a lot of fun and the rockets were a hit! We then played with Lego and I think all the kids had a good time. E said he did, so that is what is most important!

The co-op holiday potluck was also good. We won a $20 WM gift card and didn't have to cook supper. Score! Only downside is that one neighbour had her obviously sick kids there. One ate dinner, fell asleep, and then woke up and puked. Lovely. We came home and I made everyone scrub up to their elbows and then I sprayed all the hard surfaces with Lysol even though I have bad respiratory reactions to it. Better to have to open the windows to be able to breathe than to be down with a tummy bug.

Advertisement

lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #22
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the weekend!

Ok. Headed to bed with things in pretty good shape. Just need to deal with cat litter, potty, and the vacuum tomorrow.

Going to top out at 34 tomorrow and head down to -1 by Monday morning. Brrrrrr. Hoping for some snow during the day tomorrow.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #23
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
hola mamacitas. whatta long day. two hour choir rehearsal, trips to three different targets, going out for ice cream and inadvertantly crashing a bday party there. But I have one Nolan chair and one floor lamp, and plans to get two more chairs and one more lamp. And the laundry room is all sorted out now, everybody has their own coat hook rack, shoes cubbies, sock bin, glove and hat bin. Whoopee! I am living large.
I love it when it all starts to come together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post

We had a good day. The birthday party was a lot of fun and the rockets were a hit! We then played with Lego and I think all the kids had a good time. E said he did, so that is what is most important!

The co-op holiday potluck was also good. We won a $20 WM gift card and didn't have to cook supper. Score! Only downside is that one neighbour had her obviously sick kids there. One ate dinner, fell asleep, and then woke up and puked. Lovely. We came home and I made everyone scrub up to their elbows and then I sprayed all the hard surfaces with Lysol even though I have bad respiratory reactions to it. Better to have to open the windows to be able to breathe than to be down with a tummy bug.
Oh I hate when that happens. We had that once, I took the kids home straight away and used hospital grade hand disinfectant on them in the car, then I had them all change their clothes as soon as we got home. It's very unfair when others do that.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 AM   #24
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's now 6am and I am listening to the sounds of Ru getting sick. Guess I didn't sanitise and wash hands soon enough. For crying out loud.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:41 AM   #25
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
It's now 6am and I am listening to the sounds of Ru getting sick. Guess I didn't sanitise and wash hands soon enough. For crying out loud.
Oh no

I'm sorry....I hope it was just something you ate and not a bug. That's possible isn't it? Can a person get sick that quickly from being near a puking person?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #26
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~
Oh no

I'm sorry....I hope it was just something you ate and not a bug. That's possible isn't it? Can a person get sick that quickly from being near a puking person?
Ru has been around her or her kids several times this week, not just yesterday. I think it's possible. Argh!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #27
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry Mel. Hope it passes quickly.

It is before 6:00 on Sunday and I have: fed the dog, changed the litter, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the kitchen, started the washer, mopped the kitchen floor...INSANE
Old 12-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #28
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jess how is the blizzard out on the prairie treating you?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #29
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Poor Ru! I feel your dread, Mel.
Jen iris t as spectacular as I was hoping for, we only got 4 inches. Last night was crazy, I made supper, did chores, cleaned up the kitchen, then we got online and tried to order new phones. It wouldn't work formu phone so I called in. 30 min into the call dh yelled for me and I smelled what I thought was smoke so I hung up and ran thinking it was the barn, nope I was way off it was skunk. Got the dog washed, febreezedthehpuse and warmed some Scentsy. Then looked at the weather and went back to thebarn and closed doors to keep horses out of the wind. Back inside, an hour with Verizon. Henry still stinks, buti am out of peroxide and not driving through 30mph winds to get it.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #30
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

4 inches of snow when the wind starts in Wyoming and has nothing to slow it down can be pretty spectacular! Nothing like a blizzard on the MN prairie!