Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Christmas gift advice! 3yo changed his mind

I would go with what you already brought and they originally wanted especially with a 3 year old. If you switched he might come up with something else in a few days. He will be happy with whatever he gets and if he doesn't play with it I'm sure you dd will. Even when I get a gift for a specific kid I actually think of stuff that all of them can play with.

Advertisement

nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Keep it. They change their minds so much at this age. And most likely he will be upset come Christmas when he doesn't get a baby and DD does. He can always play the other guitar, or hers if she will share. You don't really need two guitars at this point. But a flashlight for jus stocking and if he ends up not thrilled with the drums after a while, maybe talk to him about selling the drums for a guitar.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #13
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would NOT return the doll.

But, I would return the drums and buy a guitar. (a green one if I could find it)

I think drum sets are easy enough to find second hand, if he shows a renewed interest in them....but, guitars might be harder to find, and this is a new interest.

I wouldn't buy an expensive guitar, since you don't know how well his hands will manage it yet, and if he's going to continue to show an interest in guitar.

My daughter was pretty good at learning instruments, and has always had an interest. The one thing I wished she'd learned as a preschooler was piano. I provided her with SO many pianos, and she never picked up on it. But, she's good on drums and wind instruments. I am a big supporter of music for kids.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't return anything. Even my older kids do this and I have already ordered, etc, so too bad, lol. They can return them after, or use their Christmas money....my 16 yr old mentioned he wanted a ukulele a while ago and I got him one and he hasn't mentioned it since, but other things. Oh well. he will like it . As for the 3 yr old outgrowing the doll quickly, not all boys do and your DD might end up wanting to play with both while he jams on her guitar, kwim?
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

I wouldn't return. Surely he'll have opportunities to borrow his sisters pink guitar and when he sees how cool his drum set looks compared to her guitar, that will re-spark his interest. And I like the idea of getting a cheap flashlight to stuff in his stocking. My dd is 3.5 and her wish list changes daily...lol.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #16
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

We had a similar issue. We'd already purchased all of the gifts for our 2.5 year old twins. Then when DS saw Santa (twice) he asked for a train. DD wouldn't see Santa but to us told her she wanted him to bring books. We had bought no books (other than paint books) and no train. We were completely done with Christmas shopping but just felt like it wouldn't be right if they didn't get what they actually asked for....so today we went out and bought DS a Little People train and DD 3 Little People board books (they have 20-30 Little People). They are getting that in addition to what we'd already bought. We're suckers
Brooke789 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #17
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

My 2 year old keeps changing his list but then we say "I thought you told Santa you wanted xyz..." and he changes it back :-D

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #18
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Oh yes--and I'm sure if you DS outgrows the doll your DD will "adopt" him

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #19
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22sofar View Post
we steer our kids wish lists pretty much every year, and the older two are 7 and 9 now. DS wanted a nintendo 3DS pretty hard core, but we were more interested in getting him an ipod (cheaper apps, more uses as he gets older, found a great deal etc.) so dh took him off to walmart where they casually looked at the 3ds, but then (insert music here) he showed him the ipod, wow, look at how cool this thing is, etc. 10 minutes later, 3ds long forgotten.
this is us!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #20
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

bump for update

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote