Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #11
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Crap on a cracker, my kids have lice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
what a sweet mom you have! Sorry about the lice, they suck. My dd just got lice a few months ago. luckily I caught it super quick before it spread to anyone else. We've all go it (including me when I was prego) and so if I see a kid scratch their head, I'm searching it LOL.
My mom is the best. It really helped to have someone else come in thinking clearly because I went into such a tizzy when I figured it out. I would be 100x more paranoid if I had girls!

Advertisement

BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #12
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm paranoid too. We were notified on Monday of a student having lice in DD's class. I've checked her every night since, and nothing so far. I, however, am itching like crazy. I haven't found any lice on my scalp yet. It's probably my seborrheic dermatitis that goes out of control in winter, but I'm not 100% sure. Every tiny speck of dranduff is now suspect. GAH!
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Just a tip for mom's with daughters with long hair - put oil in their hair before combing. Coconut oil is best but olive oil will work too. It'll make it easier to get the lice comb through. You'll have to shampoo twice to remove it but it'll leave their hair soft and silky.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
glad you got the situation handled.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #15
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

I HATE lice. When I did daycare in my home I had a family bring it and not tell me. The school called me to let me know they sent the kids home because of it
Old 12-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #16
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I thought we were in the clear since we diagnosed and treated on Tuesday, I found a few nymphs on my oldest DS head on Wednesday and haven't seen any since. I've been combing through everyone's hair with the nit comb at breakfast and after school every day and found nothing except a few dried shrunken up nits. Well tonight before going to bed I started combing through my hair and found 2 adults and maybe a dozen possible nits. Spent the next 45 minutes picking through my hair and scalp, didn't find anything else so hopefully that was it.
I must say I haven't been really impressed by the RID kit we used. The shampoo particularly, after we treated them with it I buzzed the boys' hair down really short, and we were still finding lots of live ones. Maybe it slowed them down a bit but didn't kill them, at least not very fast. I've been researching and found the Nuvo treatment which I'm going to try if I find anymore bugs. It's basically a heavy coating of Cetaphil lotion leftvon overnight (there is a specific technique to follow but Cetaphil is the only substance used).
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #17
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you have no more troubles with them! Lice are my one of my biggest fears... not sure how I'll manage when (cuz I'm sure it's when, not if!) I have to deal with them!

We have had lice in our kids' school a few times - they send home a letter and an information sheet (about checking for them and treatments if they are found) each time. Each time, I have made sure to tie DD's hair up well each morning, and to spray all the kids' hair with tea tree oil - lice don't like it, whether it's the actual oil or the smell or what I don't know. I would spray DD's hair, then brush and style, then spray again. The boys got combed and sprayed.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh, man. That really stinks. It just went through my dd's 1st grade class and thankfully she didn't get it. I make them wear ponytails and keep their hats and coats in their backpacks. Lice also don't like any product so putting gel through their hair or spraying some hairspray helps also.