Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
Monkeymamaof2
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hello ladies, my name is Marshe' I am 26 i have two lo's 6 and 4 (boys) i have been with my bf for 3yrs, I was married to the biggest douche ever for 5 yrs (he wouldn't sign the papers for 1yr and almost 7mos) long story short he cheated, left me homeless has another child and is still the same douche lol it was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I was able to find myself and that lead me to the love of my life. And I wouldn't take back any of the pain I endured prior to meeting him. I know what true love is and my children know how it feels to have a father. In contrast to having someone that only cares about materials and the latest trends.
I am super excited and nervous about expecting, we were on birth control and my cycles were a little off the past 3months and i tested with everything you can pee on and everything was negative. Also we decided 3wks ago to wait to have children (did not know I was prego am 5wks 3days today I don't know my due date because I was so shocked. I just heard "August" and blanked out everything else lol We look at the whole situation as "it's meant to be" both of our birthdays are in August so that makes me If you ladies have any questions or would like chat feel free to pm me.

Advertisement

I am a WOHM to JJ 10/3/06 and Jio 7/18/08 and a loving GF to Adam and #3 due in August
Monkeymamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Introductions!!

DH and I have been together since high school and married since 2001, but we waited until I was finished school and had a permanent job before TTC in 2008.

I lost my first pregnancy at exactly 6 weeks on Dec 20, 2008. We had planned to tell our families about the pregnancy at Christmas. Needless to say, we did not have a good Christmas that year, and it is making me feel a little apprehensive about this pregnancy. However, I passed the 6 week mark yesterday and so far so good. I will be 8 weeks along at Christmas this time, so I hope I can be a little more confident if I get that far.

Anyway, I tell myself that if I hadn't lost my first pregnancy, I would not have the son I have today. DS was conceived a few months after my miscarriage and born in January 2010. He will be 3 in less than a month and about 3.5 years when this baby is born. He is great with babies and other kids and I know he will be an excellent big brother. I have known since he was born that I wanted to give him a sibling, but the timing was never right. DS was a rather high needs child and he wore us out to the point that we couldn't fathom another one (nor find time to conceive one!), but he got easier as he got older. When he turned 2, I started talking about another as I didn't want them to be too far apart in age. DH was not convinced that we could handle another until DS was at least 2.5 years old. Even then, he wasn't ready to commit to trying, but for leaving the age gap up to chance. So here we are a few months later, and I think I am very happy with this age gap, but I can see benefits in both larger and smaller age gaps.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
2WolfeCubs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey, everyone! I'm Amy, and my husband and I (married for 12 yrs) have 3 kiddos- 7, 5, and 3 and I just found out that I'm pregnant with a surprise #4! I freaked at first, as did hubby, but now I'm excited. I don't have my first prenatal visit and u/s until Jan 8 so we won't be telling anyone for a while. As scared as I was at first, I'm now praying for a healthy, 'sticking' baby!

https://www.facebook.com/snickerdoodlestitches
2WolfeCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am Samantha, I am 26, soon to be 27, and mommy to 2. I am married to my high school sweet heart, married for 6 years, together for 10 years. We are pretty boring, I am a SAHM and DH works hard to take care of us. We are both college graduates and very proud of the life we have made. I will probably come to be known as the resident complainer about the inlaws, they are not thrilled we have two kids so I can only imagine their reaction when we announce #3!
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #15
2WolfeCubs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Samantha- I think my ILs won't be too excited either. My FIL asked hubby the other day if we were 'finished'. So not looking too forward to telling them.

https://www.facebook.com/snickerdoodlestitches
2WolfeCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #16
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WolfeCubs View Post
Samantha- I think my ILs won't be too excited either. My FIL asked hubby the other day if we were 'finished'. So not looking too forward to telling them.
They like to pretend they do everything for us, babysit, pay for needs, etc. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I can't remember the last time they babysat (I think for a few hours while I was in the hospital after having ds) and financially we take care of ourselves. They buy our kids junk food occasionally because I am mean and don't regularly keep chips and cookies in the house, my poor deprived children.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm Amber *waves*. I am a sahm to two, ages 6 and 2 (both born in Jan). I've been with DH since High School. 12 or 13 years? and Married since 2004. We are pretty boring as well. We like to watch Castle, Bones, NCIS and various British TV while I spin or knit in the evenings.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #18
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas!

I'm Katie. I'm 26 (i'll be 27 next Friday) and DH is 25. We were high school sweethearts and probably would have married earlier if my dad had not been keen on the idea of me getting a college degree. We got married in June of 2008 and I unexpectantly became pg with baby #1 three months later. We lost that baby to a m/c in September 2008. We were tta at the time. In March 2009 we switched to NTNP and I became pg with baby #2. We unfortunatly lost that baby as well in Aug. 2009. In December 2009 I found out at my yearly physical with my OBGYN that I was pg. and 37 weeks later we welcomed our first baby, Sadie (8/12/10). After DD was born we went back to tta, but found out in March 2011 that I was pg. again. 38 1/2 weeks later Eli was born! We've been tta until October, when we kind-of became slack with our tta method and decided in November to NTNP. Now here I am....hoping to add another addition to our family in August.....AGAIN!

About me? I have a degree in special education, but once I got past the 1st trimester with DD, we decided that when the school year ended that year I wouldn't go back to work. So now I'm a SAHM to my two kiddos. DD is my big helper (she likes to do dishes and laundry with mama) and DS is my scooting, little man. We are actually waiting on some test results for him today.....his PED thinks that he may have spina bifida occulta, which puts me on edge some for this pregnancy. DH does commercial heating and air for AT&T and has an additction to farming (LOL!) Otherwise, that's our life!!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
janssensjungle
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am a 26 year old mother of 2 girls who are living. I am happily married to my husband brett ( married 09-16-2006) and we have 2 daughters Madelyn grace who is turning 5 next week and Abigail faith who will be 4 in march. we have been ttc for the last 2 and a half years and I got pregnant last march and we delivered a still born baby girl, Lillian hope on august 10 2012. she is our sweet angel baby, she was due next week so this is good timing to find out I am pregnant again and due august 7th. I am super excited but also scared Lillian was born at 22 weeks and she had triploidy which means she had 69 chromosomes instead of only 36. 3 of each instead of 2. most babies with this will lead to a miscarriage but she was a fighter and we delivered her and were able to hold her , which was super sad but pretty amazing. anyway I am excited to be pregnant and just hoping that we have a healthy baby to bring home. our daughters would love to have a baby that is ours.
I do home childcare and love the kids so much but some days its hard to play with babies knowing Lillian should be here any day now. lets all get to august and I am hoping to get to know all of you ladies better. do any of you cloth diaper? I am hoping to this time around
janssensjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janssensjungle View Post
I am a 26 year old mother of 2 girls who are living. I am happily married to my husband brett ( married 09-16-2006) and we have 2 daughters Madelyn grace who is turning 5 next week and Abigail faith who will be 4 in march. we have been ttc for the last 2 and a half years and I got pregnant last march and we delivered a still born baby girl, Lillian hope on august 10 2012. she is our sweet angel baby, she was due next week so this is good timing to find out I am pregnant again and due august 7th. I am super excited but also scared Lillian was born at 22 weeks and she had triploidy which means she had 69 chromosomes instead of only 36. 3 of each instead of 2. most babies with this will lead to a miscarriage but she was a fighter and we delivered her and were able to hold her , which was super sad but pretty amazing. anyway I am excited to be pregnant and just hoping that we have a healthy baby to bring home. our daughters would love to have a baby that is ours.
I do home childcare and love the kids so much but some days its hard to play with babies knowing Lillian should be here any day now. lets all get to august and I am hoping to get to know all of you ladies better. do any of you cloth diaper? I am hoping to this time around
I've CD both of my kids. DS, is of course, still in CD. DD was recently potty trained, well....mostly, so I'm glad that for a little while I only have one in diapers!