Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
TCKmom
Registered Users

Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 9th-15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I so wish it would snow here. I am so sick of MUD!
Same here. It's so cold but it either snows just a bit and melts away or it rains/sleets. I am ready for a big snowfall to give everything a fresh, clean look.

I know what I am planning on buying people for Christmas but I haven't actually been able to do any of the shopping yet. Definitely feeling the pressure! We usually get our tree right after Thanksgiving but we haven't even had the chance to do that yet. I am hoping that maybe, just maybe, we can get the tree and do all the shopping by the end of this coming weekend but schedules haven't exactly been cooperative lately so we'll see what happens.

Getting kicked and punched quite often lately. I don't remember the movements feeling anywhere near this strong or frequent this early in the pregnancy with #1 but I might just be mis-remembering.

I didn't think DD (only 20 months) was really grasping the whole new baby thing but I asked her the other night where K was and she walked over, patted my tummy as she said "baby" and then kissed my belly and rested her head on it...

Advertisement

TCKmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Very pretty picture!! We havent started shoppibg either. Just xmas jammies as
Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

southern Idaho's version of snow:

which was yesterday morning. It melted by this time yesterday. This morning we had twice that amount, but it was melted by lunch. Except the stuff in the shade - it's plenty cold, it's just sunny.... no complaints on the sun, though. November was grey and gloomy.. December has been beautiful and sunny.

All done with Christmas shopping except my dad. I guess I really need to get working on that. hmm.. Had to buy for a white elephant today and had to keep telling myself that DD's stocking was full. Didn't work.. got her some cool flashcards anyways don't fit in the stocking? guess they'll go under the tree!

not a ton to report.... eating more chocolate than I should. Not caring cause it's Dove and it's divine.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
andrea020611
Registered Users

We are supposed to get a good coating of freezing rain overnight and tomorrow morning here in Ontario. Yuck. I can deal with snow, but I HATE ice, especially when I'm pregnant. I'm nervous about slipping on my way to work. Hopefully the salt trucks are out!

I still have some Christmas shopping to finish up, but I'm getting there. I don't like wrapping, so I'm buying a bunch of dollar store gift bags and tissue paper this year and calling it a day.

How can it be 2 weeks until Christmas holidays already?!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #15
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Random question, did any of you get belly lines straight down your belly? I had one with DS and just noticed that its back! I dont know why, but it totally made me excited.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #16
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've never gotten the linea nigra...

well.. maybe at the VERY end with DD.. but I think it didn't come up very high or go very low...
Old 12-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Random question, did any of you get belly lines straight down your belly? I had one with DS and just noticed that its back! I dont know why, but it totally made me excited.
I did with DD1 but not DD2. I do, however, have quite an impressive collection of stretch marks in a variety of sizes and colors. Anyone know something that works to fade them for when I'm done making babies?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Well it's a winter wonderland here! This is the view out our front window
Love the pic! Our yard is well covered - I'm hoping for even more snow this year, though I know DH isn't... he's the one who has to deal with shovelling and clearing the driveway, I just get to sit inside and look at the pretty white

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmKira View Post
Today is DD1's 13th b-day. Wow, she has been looking forward to this for a long time!! She's super excited to be a teenager, and I'm am not! I wish she could stay small and innocent forever. I guess that's what every mom says, aye?

Oh, and the kicks have been regular for a while. I look forward to the later evening when the baby gets moving around.
I can't imagine DD being a teenager. This year she turned 10... and double digits was hard enough to face!

Hiccup is really active from about 10pm to 11pm - and then whenever I wake in the night he's moving around too. He's big enough now that often at night I can watch him moving, my belly moving and rolling The other night I was laying on the couch trying to read and he kept thumping my book

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKmom View Post
I didn't think DD (only 20 months) was really grasping the whole new baby thing but I asked her the other night where K was and she walked over, patted my tummy as she said "baby" and then kissed my belly and rested her head on it...
Aww! Very cute!
Whenever Levi sees Hiccup's u/s pics (they're on the fridge so the kids can see them whenever they want) he says "that's the baby in your belly, mommy!" He doesn't seem overly enthused about my lap quickly disappearing though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
southern Idaho's version of snow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
We are supposed to get a good coating of freezing rain overnight and tomorrow morning here in Ontario. Yuck. I can deal with snow, but I HATE ice, especially when I'm pregnant. I'm nervous about slipping on my way to work. Hopefully the salt trucks are out!
hate freezing rain... and sleet. Ew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Linea nigra, yup, have gotten it with all my babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I did with DD1 but not DD2. I do, however, have quite an impressive collection of stretch marks in a variety of sizes and colors. Anyone know something that works to fade them for when I'm done making babies?
Sorry, no tricks that I've found. Apparently there are some oils (Vit E?) that can help, but no real trick to completely make them go away. I just call mine my battle scars and call it a day

AFM: Got almost all DH's stuff today with the kids. DS2 wants to get him something for his guitar but the music stores aren't open on Sundays. I have to go for an OB appt tomorrow morning so I'm going to finish that up tomorrow.
I realized that the kids should get something for Grandma and Grandpa. They'll be staying with us for Christmas Eve and Christmas (at least) and the kids will end up being upset if they don't have presents to give them. Not anything huge, but we'll get those sometime this week too.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #19
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well we ended up with about 15" from the blizzard we had yesterday! So school was cancelled today, we pulled out some toys that we had packed up(we try to rotate) so the kids have been playing kitchen and with trains. And hopefully later they will go outside and play in the snow to get some energy out! We have some pretty good hills in our yard, we had a pile of dirt left over from replacing well lines so now it's become a snowy sledding hill lol. I finally got my craft room starting to look decent.
Tomorrow I have an u/s, it's my 20 week one, I'm going alone since we did the elective one and DF weans piglets on Tuesdays so it's a busy day at the barn.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #20
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by MrsCrafty; 12-10-2012 at 01:19 PM.
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote