Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
vmccullouch
Registered Users

Re: Anyone else not do ultrasounds?

I like them, for the peace of mind. There have been too many losses in my immediate circle. I know the doppler can provide the peace of mind too - but I want to see that everything is progressing normally. However, I only *plan* on getting 2 - the dating ultrasound that happened at my first office visit and the A/S at 19 weeks.

Advertisement

vmccullouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #12
TNT46131
Registered Users
seller

I'm 17 weeks and have only had one, at 5 weeks. I was having a lot of abdominal pain and they wanted to make sure it wasn't another ectopic. But I don't plan on having any more. I'm using a midwife and having a home birth. So, I won't be pressured into one :-).
Some people get really sh!tty when they hear I'm not doing any. Just because its the norm doesn't mean it's good. The research I've done shows it and Dopplers are bad.
And I've had many losses and an ectopic so while it would be nice to see my little one, its just not worth the risk to us.

Last edited by TNT46131; 12-13-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Add more info
TNT46131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
Ms.Doula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree OP & TNT
I had a few too many ultrasounds with my first and one with my other 2, and none w my other. (Had a Midwife & Homebirth & that helps!)
Too many risks in both doppler use and ultrasounds and so we no longer routinely use either during pregnancy. Midwife uses a fetoscope, Other than that, there are other ways to 'Check on Baby" and we will only have another ultrasound if truly medically indicated. We also decline any other 'routine' testing like Amnio, AFP, Diabetes/Glucose test, and the Beta Strep.
I have done much research & it's just not worth the risk to me.
And this is coming from someone who is on baby #5 And had 2 m/c, an ectopic, and 1 stillbirth @ full term.

For anyone interested in learning more, to make an informed choice. I recomend you check out DopplerDanger on Facebook

Sling Makin', Doula, & Crafty Christian WAHM & to 3 Girlies
Emily 3/2000(in heaven), Kayleigh 4/2001 & Riley 9/2002
& 1 lil' Guy Gabriel 3/2005 & baby Aubrey 5/2013
B
Ms.Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #14
TNT46131
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula View Post
I agree OP & TNT
I had a few too many ultrasounds with my first and one with my other 2, and none w my other. (Had a Midwife & Homebirth & that helps!)
Too many risks in both doppler use and ultrasounds and so we no longer routinely use either during pregnancy. Midwife uses a fetoscope, Other than that, there are other ways to 'Check on Baby" and we will only have another ultrasound if truly medically indicated. We also decline any other 'routine' testing like Amnio, AFP, Diabetes/Glucose test, and the Beta Strep.
I have done much research & it's just not worth the risk to me.
And this is coming from someone who is on baby #5 And had 2 m/c, an ectopic, and 1 stillbirth @ full term.

For anyone interested in learning more, to make an informed choice. I recomend you check out DopplerDanger on Facebook
I just recommended that site to someone on here earlier. One of my losses was at full term too :-( I'm very sorry for your losses *hugs*
TNT46131 is offline   Reply With Quote