Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #21
mammacandoit
Registered Users
seller

Re: push position

the last time I was in a crab walk position! It's funny to think of it now. I had husband standing behind me holding me up. lol.

Advertisement

mammacandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had DS1 semi sitting on my back. It was good, I thought. I think I would get tried squatting personally, it was nice to still be more upright but able to relax during contractions.
I had DS2 on a birth stool. Wooah, did gravity do the work! I don't even remember pushing really, my body did all the work. It was REALLY intense and fast. Also a good experience, just different. I felt more out of control of my body.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #23
tricia17lee
Registered Users
seller

Started out pushing on the toilet- somehow was the only place I felt comfortable (I was so worried about peeing! I'd had a lot of fluids due to induction after PROM).

Once she started crowning I waddled to the bed and was on my hands and knees (facing the back of the bed). I got tired and we couldn't get the bed to sit up for more support (come to find out it had come unplugged!!! Ugh!)

I turned over to my back. I was in various reclined positions and ended up pushing her out mostly flat on my back because I kept slipping and the darn bed wasn't working and the didn't fix it for me before she was born. I wasn't the most comfortable but she had a couple heart decels so I just pushed her out with all I had and was done before they got the bed plugged back in.

Next time I'm hoping to use the tub more than I did and have a waterbirth if it works out that I'm comfortable. I got out of the tub quickly with DD because I kept needing to pee- stupid IV fluids!
tricia17lee is offline   Reply With Quote