Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #21
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Wipes solution recipe for cloth dipes?

plain water here as well. I do have soem CJ spritz and for messy diapers I sometimes spray the wet wipe a bit with the CJs for a little extra cleaning especially with the sticky poos.

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #22
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_green_cutie View Post

Hi, sorry, I meant to ask- after you mix the solution with the warmed coconut oil in it, does it then stay liquefied enough, or does it re-solidify? In other words, can I use the final solution in a spray bottle or is it a thicker consistency? What kind of container do you keep it in?
Thanks for your help!
Mine has never resolidified though its usually 70-74 in our room where I keep it. I do keep mine in a 16oz spray bottle. I've used the same bottle since DS was born so 6 months and its never clogged or anything.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #23
breast4my3
Registered Users

My Mood:

I do put a squirt of baby shampoo in mine, but other than that I just use bottled or boiled water, 1-2 tbs olive oil and 3-4 drops of tto. I'm sure it would work fine without the shampoo... to be honest, I don't know why I put it in there. I just have extra that has glycerin in it so I can't wash my fleur cup with it and it gave my ds a rash when using it straight as a shampoo. Its so diluted in the wipes formula that he hasn't had a reaction to it and I couldn't just throw it away, I have issues with throwing things out that could be used for *something*. I'm afraid I'll be one of those crazy cat lady hoarders on TLC one day. I definitely love having a carrier oil (olive) in my wipe solution because it slides over his bum so nicely, if I run out and just use a cloth wet under the faucet they seem too frictiony and catch as I'm wiping. (if that makes any sense.)
breast4my3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #24
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

I love having olive oil in my wipes solution, it does make it glide over his bum better and I think it helps with not getting him a rash because it keeps his bum moisturized and not irritated. Or some people have had success with a mineral oil. Essential oils aren't great for skin and they are really only for the scent. So for that reason I wouldn't use them. I don't know if coconut oil would work that well for a wash solution (might solidify) but I definitely want to get some to try for a diaper rash cream. My son is so prone to rashing, he just has super sensitive skin
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #25
breast4my3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
I love having olive oil in my wipes solution, it does make it glide over his bum better and I think it helps with not getting him a rash because it keeps his bum moisturized and not irritated. Or some people have had success with a mineral oil. Essential oils aren't great for skin and they are really only for the scent. So for that reason I wouldn't use them. I don't know if coconut oil would work that well for a wash solution (might solidify) but I definitely want to get some to try for a diaper rash cream. My son is so prone to rashing, he just has super sensitive skin
I started using coconut oil on my ds because he seemed to stay a little red when we started cd'ing a few months ago. I love it and use it for half a million different things now!!
breast4my3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #26
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Wee Essentials! I bought one of the sample packs with 15 different scents in it. They smell so yummy!
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #27
ez_green_cutie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
Essential oils aren't great for skin and they are really only for the scent.
Is that true? I've never heard that. Does anyone else know more about this? Would be good to know. I thought homeopathic remedies involved many EO's.
ez_green_cutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #28
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

Sorry I don't have a source, but I remember reading that in a couple different places. I think it's the scent that has the therapeutic qualities.. you know aromatherapy? So I just looked it up and I guess they *can* be good for skin, they can just be harsh if you use too much or on sensitive skin.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #29
sondramama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

man. i just use water. and if possible, i just do the water / baby wash thing. lol
Mama <3 to Chayden {8.23.06} & Amarie {10.02.06} & Colton {10.22.10}. Baby#4 due 7.7.14 <3 Wife&BestFriend to Nik {09.22.12}.
Etsy . FaceBook .
sondramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #30
ez_green_cutie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ironically, yesterday I was sent an email with wipes recipes- thought I would share:
http://thefrugalgirls.com/2012/08/ho...aby-wipes.html

Thanks to all who responded!
ez_green_cutie is offline   Reply With Quote