Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DH is nesting more than I am :giggle:

Or maybe he is just procrastinating and sleeping less. Yesterday, he did 2 weeks worth of laundry (I'm talking washing and folding), packed our hospital bag, and started reorganizing our room. I have breif bouts of nesting, but not really the energy to get that much done if you KWIM. . . Anyone else's husband doing this?

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 07:39 AM   #2
bradleymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH is nesting more than I am :giggle:

This is so cute! You know, if you could bottle that energy, you could sell it (I'd be first in line!).

DH is not lazy, but you know, doesn't see all the extra "stuff" that has to get done! With DD, I remember DH suddenly getting the nursery painted, but that was only because I freaked out that week after reading online that everyone in my due date club had their nursery 100% done and we hadn't started. Very sweet of him, but not exactly his idea
bradleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Goodness, I would love it if mine was! Of course, it's still early I can get my DH to help, but I have to ask him. At least he's still willing!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:25 AM   #4
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiswing View Post
Goodness, I would love it if mine was! Of course, it's still early I can get my DH to help, but I have to ask him. At least he's still willing!
Yep, willing is always good. DH didn't start nesting until recently, around 34-35 weeks (I will be 36 Friday) so you never know. Yours may be nesting by the end, too.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH TOTALLY nested over the weekend. He actually cleaned & scrubbed both of our bathrooms. It was a bizarre sight. I really should've taken some pictures- never before seen footage! He even wrote out a check list of what to clean and HOW to clean each item in the bathroom. It was hilarious. The poor guy was wiped out.

He said, "Gosh... I can't believe that you do that once a week."

Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #6
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post
My DH TOTALLY nested over the weekend. He actually cleaned & scrubbed both of our bathrooms. It was a bizarre sight. I really should've taken some pictures- never before seen footage! He even wrote out a check list of what to clean and HOW to clean each item in the bathroom. It was hilarious. The poor guy was wiped out.

He said, "Gosh... I can't believe that you do that once a week."

Yeah, my DH is tired today, too, but I think he might be coming down with the cold I've been fighting for a week. I called him on my lunch break, though, and he was like "well, I have to go do more clothes and fold some clothes and. . . and. . . and. . . but I don't feel good, so I think I will take a nap when DD does" I tried to tell him he didn't have to do anything if he didn't feel good, but he was like "NO, it needs to get done"
Old 08-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
Or maybe he is just procrastinating and sleeping less. Yesterday, he did 2 weeks worth of laundry (I'm talking washing and folding), packed our hospital bag, and started reorganizing our room. I have breif bouts of nesting, but not really the energy to get that much done if you KWIM. . . Anyone else's husband doing this?
God , can you send him over here for a day or two ??? Pretty please ??? Lol , I really didn't nest much with my lil boy and I am hoping I do this time , and start early too cause we need it here , it's not so much messy but WAY lacking organization and room !

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #8
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
angiemari
Registered Users

My Mood:

Lucky!! i wish Dh would help a bit more!
angiemari is offline   Reply With Quote