Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #11
Amanda897
Registered Users

Re: Gymnastic Nurser

I am hoping this doesn't last forever! Right now we can only nurse lying down in a dark room. Forget it if we are out in public. She is just so distractsble!

Advertisement

Amanda897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Mine has to hold the nipple and pinches it too....ouch!! He also grabs my glasses, shirt, pulls on and off. It is crazy. He is the same way when he is held. He is all squirmy and needs to rip at stuff. And he wants to be held all day most days.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #13
Katie Mae
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DaneMama View Post
Yes. I tell my DD "mama doesn't nurse gymnasts," unlatch her, and let her take a break. Too many accidental bites with those new teeth of hers to let little miss gymnast nurse.
Basically the same story here. I want to nurse, but I figure since DS is 17 months if he can't sit still and not wiggle then he can take a break and try later. I can't stand the wiggling, so I don't allow it. But that's just one of those things I decided was my personal boundary.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #14
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Mae View Post
Basically the same story here. I want to nurse, but I figure since DS is 17 months if he can't sit still and not wiggle then he can take a break and try later. I can't stand the wiggling, so I don't allow it. But that's just one of those things I decided was my personal boundary.
Mine is 8 months and all hands and figgit these days. I am having a hard time, other than nap time, keeping him still. Even then he flips and flops.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #15
Belbaby3728
Banned

I've got one too. Not quite 12 months and been going on 4 months now. She slaps me over and over on chest (hard) while nursing and gets attitude with me if I try and hold her hand. She likes to grab my mouth and pull my lips (especially if I am talking while she nurse). She likes to attempt to sit up and crawl away...with boob in mouth...kicks and pushes on my arm if touches her feet...yea
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #16
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbaby3728 View Post
I've got one too. Not quite 12 months and been going on 4 months now. She slaps me over and over on chest (hard) while nursing and gets attitude with me if I try and hold her hand. She likes to grab my mouth and pull my lips (especially if I am talking while she nurse). She likes to attempt to sit up and crawl away...with boob in mouth...kicks and pushes on my arm if touches her feet...yea
This is DS. He slaps my chest too and tries to take my nipple with him. He will hold my nipple and boob like a bottle and try to crawl or figgit off with it.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #17
safghf
Registered Users
seller

My DD was a yoga nurser! Nipples do not appreciate Warrior 2 as much as legs do! DS, at 17mo, is all about getting the job done. So much easier
safghf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #18
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
Mine has to hold the nipple and pinches it too....ouch!! He also grabs my glasses, shirt, pulls on and off. It is crazy. He is the same way when he is held. He is all squirmy and needs to rip at stuff. And he wants to be held all day most days.
Yup, this is me too. Mine's only a few weeks younger than yours - maybe it's the age?
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #19
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Could be the age. I hope it stops soon. I am ready for him to calm down when nursing...LOL!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #20
Belbaby3728
Banned

I doubt it is age. I have watched my niece who is 23 months nurse and proceed to twist around from laying across her mom to a sitting position probably depends on kid too!
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote