Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #41
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark

The AA is not necessary for radians in the 2012 Prius, don't know about other years.
Yeah, I should probably clarify my statement, in case there are any lurkers. I have a 2007 Prius. Without the AA, I can only get an acceptable install outboard passenger side with the passenger seat very far forward (almost unusable). With the AA I can install the seat in any position and have both front seats almost all the way back. I am a tech.

Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #42
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Recommend YOUR seat that YOU love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings View Post
Yeah, they are a backup Grandma seat here

Do you know when the Albeebaby sale ends?
If we had grandmas here that's for sure what I would use.
I think that's just their price for them. That's been the price for a lot of months now. They always have the cheapest prices. Our Phil & Ted's double stroller was like $250 less there than anywhere else.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #43
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever
Ainsley 7y3m 60lb 46 1/2" in a Britax Frontier85 in the 3rd row of T&C
Ahhh! I have an Ainsley too! Were you a West Wing fan too?

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread......

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #44
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD will be 3 in March, currently 36lbs & 38in.

She started in a Chicco Keyfit30...it took up a lot of front-to-back room, but was an incredibly easy install. We got it handed down from SIL w/ two bases, & it was great. It was, however, a tight fit in our Subaru Imprezas (both 2004).

At around 1yr, she went into the Evenflo Triumph...one was a 65, the other the Advance. Even though I hear lots of people complain about them, I loved it. RF install did require a rolled towel, but the install was really easy for me. I loved the adjustable harness & the tension knob never bothered me. We traded in an Impreza for a Forester & kept DD RFing in the Forester until last week. We flipped her FF in my car a couple of months ago b/c she was at the height & weight limits for RFing. She's also close to maxed out on height FFing b/c of the harness height. I would use the Triumphs again in a heartbeat. My only complaint is that, b/c of the base, it can be a little difficult to get a bigger RFing kid in & out of it in a sedan w/o bonking her head...it was no problem in the Forester.

We just purchased a Britax Frontier 85. So far DD loves it & so do I. It was easy to adjust & install & DD is comfy--& loves her cupholders Since I'll have to replace the other Triumph soon, I'd love to get another Frontier, but I just can't justify $200+ for a car she rides in for less than 1/4 mile a day (DC drop off & p/u). I'm thinking possibly a SecureKid 300...keep her harnessed in that as long as possible, then let her be in a booster for less than 5 min/day.

We had a Scenara RF40 as an extra seat. Like others have said, it's a nice simple seat that does what it's supposed to, but not much by way of bells & whistles.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #45
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Radian no angle adjuster we don't need it
27lb 32" 18 month old
Rearfacing
Dodge Durango
Old 12-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #46
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Favorite for 3 months to about 18 months, and then again when we FF--Britax seats. Love easy of use, comfort. Hate the lack of butt room/leg room for ERF. The newer ones are better, but not enough better to justify buying one. Sadly, all 4 of mine from DD1 are now expired.

From 18 months on, favorite is the TrueFit Premier. Love that it is wide, lots of feet room, easy to use, etc. But the straps are set wider than I like for little babies, and I hate dealing with a ton of padding, so I don't like it for little babies.

I haven't played with the MaxiCosi Pria yet, but it looks promising as a favorite. Need a new baby to justify buy seat number 12 for my stable.

Luckily, I have 3 kids riding in 3 cars daily, so I can justify having a stable of seats.

Our current setup:

Odyssey --
DD (almost 6) in third row in a Frontier 85
DS (3.75) in captains chair in an ETA FF
DD2 (21 months) in a captains chair in a TrueFit Premier RF

Accord--
DD2 RFing in an XTSL with angle adjuster
DD1 FFing in an XTSL in middle
DS in a Maestro

Acadia -- (Grandma/daycare)
DD1 in a Graco Turbo HBB in 3rd row (had to booster because there is no top tether outboard in Acadia's 3rd row and we needed to get a wheelchair in). I'm not thrilled about it, but she only rides with grandma about twice a month since she's in school all day.
DS in a Frontier
DD2 RFing in an XTSL with an angle adjuster

Evenflo Triumph Advance I am meh about. I got it for $100, so it was cheap, knowing I'd probably only use it about 18 months til DD is ready to pass down her Frontier and be boostered full time, but I didn't want a Maestro since DD2 is still RFing, and I wanted some seat flexibility to pass stuff around. I don't love the harness adjuster. But for the price, it is an ok little seat. My almost 6 year old still fits in it for height, and actually prefers it to her Frontier 85.

Radians I hate, but we needed 3 across with 2 RFing in DH's car, and the Maestro couldn't fit in the middle. Due to child personality conflicts, DS had to go outboard so we own 3 of Radians. It was the only way I could get the setup I needed (RF, FF, RF) to work in DH's car in the quick amount of time I had to play (DS came back to us as a foster child on 3 hours notice, so I didn't have a lot of time to plan and experiment).
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 12-09-2012 at 07:05 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #47
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
I guess I will look at true fits again. They look beastly online.
When I had seen them in stores here they didn't seem any bigger than, say, the britax seats. This time it wouldn't really matter the size of the seat for us, as Hiccup will be in a captain's chair in the middle.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #48
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Loved my Britax seats especially the Marathon.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #49
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ds has been in a myride65 (which we like) since birth. We also have a Recaro Prosport which we LOVE. Dd is 5 years old, 37 pounds and I'd guess around 42 inches tall. It's normally installed in a 2010 VW routan but has also been installed in a 2002 Nissan xterra and a 2006 Honda Odyssey. It's super easy to install in all of those vehicles. Haven't used it as a booster yet; dd is currently harnessed and has plenty of room to go (a britax frontier would've been total overkill for her. She said it was uncomfortable anyways.)
Old 12-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #50
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddys_mama
Ds has been in a myride65 (which we like) since birth. We also have a Recaro Prosport which we LOVE. Dd is 5 years old, 37 pounds and I'd guess around 42 inches tall. It's normally installed in a 2010 VW routan but has also been installed in a 2002 Nissan xterra and a 2006 Honda Odyssey. It's super easy to install in all of those vehicles. Haven't used it as a booster yet; dd is currently harnessed and has plenty of room to go (a britax frontier would've been total overkill for her. She said it was uncomfortable anyways.)
I really like the look of everything Recaro. How do you find the leg room RF or have you ever used it RF?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote