Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #11
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Stick with it mama, he'll get there!

Advertisement

Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
breast4my3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Wish us luck!

crank up the heat in the house, put on a t-shirt that doesn't cover his manliness, pull the potty into the living room or play room (wherever you guys spend the most time) and try the naked bottom method. My kids trained this way easily. I tried this a couple of months ago with my now 21 month old, but he's not quite ready and he's afraid of the seat that sits on the toilet, so I need to go get him a potty seat instead and try again.
Good Luck mama!! and he may decide he'd rather go back in diapers for a little while... and that's ok too.
breast4my3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Gosh darn stubborn toddlers! hugs mama!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy
WSS

I had to bribe mine at first. Flame me if you will mamas but I will do it again when we start with dd!
Pee gets 1 m&m or gummi, poop gets 2. Didn't always work so I also bribe them with TV time. We only let them watch an hour a day broken up into 15 minute slots. If they pee they get 5 extra minutes, poop is 10. They didn't have much of a concept of time so they thought it was a lot.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by breast4my3 View Post
crank up the heat in the house, put on a t-shirt that doesn't cover his manliness, pull the potty into the living room or play room (wherever you guys spend the most time) and try the naked bottom method. My kids trained this way easily. I tried this a couple of months ago with my now 21 month old, but he's not quite ready and he's afraid of the seat that sits on the toilet, so I need to go get him a potty seat instead and try again.
Good Luck mama!! and he may decide he'd rather go back in diapers for a little while... and that's ok too.
All summer he went no diaper/no bottoms and used the potty all the time. But as soon as pants or undies go on, he pees them. So we did go back into diapers for a little while...a few more months.

Now he's at the point where he fights me at every change -- both putting on AND taking off. It's ridiculous. The boy knows how to use the potty, and since he's being such a pain about diaper changes he can use the potty or pee all his clothes

I was actually happy to make him fleece trifolding covers since he needs to size up, but fights over every.single.diaper.change...changed my mind It's less mentally exhausting to clean up the floor with the shop vac.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclanof6 View Post
WSS

I had to bribe mine at first. Flame me if you will mamas but I will do it again when we start with dd!
Pee gets 1 m&m or gummi, poop gets 2. Didn't always work so I also bribe them with TV time. We only let them watch an hour a day broken up into 15 minute slots. If they pee they get 5 extra minutes, poop is 10. They didn't have much of a concept of time so they thought it was a lot.
I'm not above bribing either; during summer he got candy treats at first, and then only for going poo...and then only if he remembered to ask

But thank you for reminding me about bribing; he doesn't care as much about candy but he LOVES to play "Angry Birds" on the Kindle...and now I know exactly how I'm going to dole it out

Old 12-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #17
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
Stick with it mama, he'll get there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
Thanks mamas!

Old 12-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
breast4my3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Dag nabit! Man little ones can be so stinkin stubborn!! Hang in there mama... old enough to threaten with Santa and coal yet?? lol
breast4my3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #19
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

Melanie, wishing you lots of luck and willpower!!!!
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #20
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I turned up the heat and let him go w/o undies/pants. I'll do that the next couple days, just to refresh his memory LOL.

5 mins of Angry Birds as a bribe is working WELL

We faced a problem when leaving the house. I don't have anything that's not a diaper that could last (the trainers I made him are only okay for a little pee, and they are really too small since I made them for him over 6 months ago...to fit at that time). So I put a diaper on him

Definitely going to make him more trainers -- I'm using the Trimsies pattern but putting fleece cuffs at the legs/waist. And I will sew them with a pocket so I can stuff in extra absorbency if needed.