Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
MomMe3
Registered Users

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfosmom View Post
Oregon mom, thanks for the link. I will have to check it out. MomMe3 I never thought of pizza dough. I will have to look at that. Oh I will have to look at the juice. The state I live in grocery stores can not sell wine or liquor so I do not think that they will have it :-(.
One thing about the pizza dough, it's already made so it has a limited life in the fridge. I generally use it within a day or two of buying. They really are only good until their expiration date but we totally love them.

I also love their Thai Veggie Goyza and the chicken ones as well. Their frozen organic veggies (and regular) are cheaper than my regular grocery store. Same for their fresh lettuce.

I could go on and on. I love that place way too much.

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMe3

One thing about the pizza dough, it's already made so it has a limited life in the fridge. I generally use it within a day or two of buying. They really are only good until their expiration date but we totally love them.

I also love their Thai Veggie Goyza and the chicken ones as well. Their frozen organic veggies (and regular) are cheaper than my regular grocery store. Same for their fresh lettuce.

I could go on and on. I love that place way too much.
My friend swears by their dough!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we like their sunflower oil, gluten free brown rice bread (the food for life brand) cause its way cheaper than anywhere else and their rice crispie bars other than that we tend to stick to the locally owned small health food store.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
Yoshimama
Registered Users

I get my staples at TJ's and sale items (especially organic fruit and seafood) at Whole Foods.
At TJ's I buy 100% Whole Wheat pasta, Pitted Kalamata Olives in olive oil, bruschetta sponges, face soap w/tea tree oil, cheeses, whipped cream cheese, unsalted butter (all their dairy is rBST free), 100% Cranberry Juice (mix it w/water to drink), Gluten Free Rolled Oats, 8-minute Irish Oats, Nitrate-free Bacon, Soy chorizo, Pecan Sandies, Pound Plus dark chocolate, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice (sugar), Brown sugar, Whole Wheat White Flour, spices, Sea salt, Folic Acid, dried berries, Almond Butter w/flax seed (but it was recently recalled & I haven't seen it again yet). Can you tell I love TJ's? If you want to hear about a particular product let me know. Our favorite cheap wine from there is... can't look it up right now because the baby is bawling but I'll post it later.
Yoshimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
MomMe3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
My friend swears by their dough!!!!
It just makes life so much easier! Sure, I could make my own, but for under $2 it's hard not to just grab it! For our family of 6 (one infant) we usually use two bags of dough, sometimes three.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #16
mkrisel
Registered Users

Huge fan of the pizza dough. For us, produce is hit or miss on being a good value. It either totally is or isn't. But they don't sell by weight, so you have to be able to compare typical weighted prices to per item prices.
I really like some of the cereals, which are far cheaper than the grocery store.
I also like many of the seasonal items and juices and nuts. The cinnamon almonds and the honey sesame almonds are delicious.
I view Trader Joes as great for healthier, somewhat already prepared food. Lots of items that require heating only or a minimal amount of work to prepare.
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #17
Yoshimama
Registered Users

$5 is Nero d'Avola. Great for taking to parties and no one will be able to tell you only spent $5. Goes for $10 at my neighborhood liquor store.

Also like Barbara's Puffins cereal, and all their ginger cookies & their molasses chews.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
Yoshimama
Registered Users

Oh, and though a bit more expensive they sometimes have Campo Viejo Reserva which is our favorite wine. It is Spanish and the other is Italian.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #19
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

We drive an hr to shop at Trader Joe's though we shop at other stores while out there. I buy so many things! Beef (when I can't get to a local farmer), chicken, yogurt, kefir, chocolate syrup, generic triscuits, cat food, shampoo, cereal, granola, spaghetti sauce, chocolate chips, juice, and I'm sure there's much more.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

I went to my first trader joes last week. I bought cereals to try and some snacks like chocolate covered pretzels and trail mix. I've liked everything I've tried so far.