Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #31
1sttimemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Twin Reality Check

Hmmm... do I think you're foolish... in a word yes, lol but so was I!! We didn't do IVF but we were on monitored Clomid cycles so we were knew there were 2 mature follicles and we did it anyway. DS was only 2 when the girls were born, and the last 2 years have definitely had their ups, and their downs... thankfully more ups than downs. There were a lot of adjustments to my expectations. I did not nurse, though I did start out nursing. My girls wanted to nurse 1 1/2 hours at a time... so by the time I got one finished it was time for the next one to start, andit just repeated over and over, leaving me no time to care for DS, or myself. Even knowing that it would get easier I still just couldn't do it. I started out in cloth diapers, then switched from preolds and covers to sposies, then back to fitteds, then back to sposies... they've probably been 50/50 sposies/cd whereas DS was probably 75/25 cd/sposies. I've had to let them cry... never ever happened w/ DS. But overall you adjust, and figure out what works for you.

As far as the pregnancy goes... it is high risk, even one w/ no problems, I was super tired really early, visted the birth center at the hospital at LEAST monthly from scares, all of which were in my own head. But I never had bed rest, and went all the way to 39 wks 3 days.

eta. I wouldn't change a single thing. If I could be assured I would still have the exact same 3 children, w/ their personalities, and their bonds if I were to do it again and carry them separately I would not do it!

Advertisement

Last edited by 1sttimemommy; 12-06-2012 at 12:57 PM.
1sttimemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #32
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think this question can best be answered by your OB. We tried for & got twin DDs through IVF after my chosen OB informed me I have an unusually long cervix & she fully supported us in transferring 2 embryos.

This week I start Lupron injections in preparation for a frozen embryo transfer & if 2 of our 3 thaw properly we will transfer two again - we did again receive my OBs full support! Yay!!!

I have never carried a singleton for comparisons sake, but my twin pregnancy was physically easy. I was 33-34 yrs old then and choose to deliver my girls at 37 weeks. I am trying it again at age 37.

The bond my girls share is AMAZING. As long as we always have 2 embryos to try with & my OB is in full support we will never not try for 2. I could never imagine not providing them with the gift of each other!
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #33
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just an update: We did end up transferring two embryos, I got a + pregnancy test on Nov 29th and I'm 5 weeks pregnant now. We should find out this coming Wed how many stuck. I'm ok either way although I will be a little sad if one embryo didn't make it. Will post an update after the appointment.

Thanks again for all the honest feedback!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #34
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Mama on your positive pregnancy test, so exciting . I'll keep you in my prayers!
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #35
Traysee
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations!!! How exciting :O)
Traysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #36
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congratulations! We did IVF and transferred 2. I am now 8 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins- I am pretty scared too so keep in touch- I need your positive thinking to help me through twins Hope you have 2 little ones in there!!!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #37
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations!!!
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #38
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Congrats both of you!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #39
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon
Congratulations! We did IVF and transferred 2. I am now 8 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins- I am pretty scared too so keep in touch- I need your positive thinking to help me through twins Hope you have 2 little ones in there!!!
I didn't know you were expecting twins congratulations!
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #40
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good luck ladies
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote