Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #91
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
Marie... for a girl!!!!!

AFM: Having a little anxiety today. Friday seems forever away. Another mama in our DDC got bad news today. Her baby had stopped growing & no hb. It was difficult to process because I immediately went back in time to the moment I was told the exact same thing in March, & honestly, its not out if the realm of possibility now. It's going to be a long 4 wks to the end of my 1st tri.
Aww, Deanna... you have to try and stay calm... so far, everything is going PERFECT with your pregnancy... there is no need to feel like anything is wrong or any different from last week when you had a wonderful scan. I just have a feeling this time for you, I don't know why, but I just really and truly feel in my heart of hearts this bean is going to stick and be your third, amazing child. I know I've been praying for you and I know lots of other mamas on the 30+ TTC board must be praying for you, too.

Also, that girl in our DDC that got her bad news today... I feel terrible for her, but at the same time, I feel like we all kind of knew it was not looking too hopeful... she had her scan at 6w3d and saw no heartbeat... everyone I've seen on here (including myself) has seen a heartbeat by that same gestational age... I'm not trying to sound heartless, because really and truly I feel for ANYONE going through a loss. I'm just saying I'm not 100% shocked that she received bad news this morning.

Oh, and one other thing before I write a novel... Your bean has a strong heartbeat... seeing that alone brings your chances of miscarriage way, way down. I'm going to continue to hope and pray for you to find peace and comfort and enjoy your pregnancy.

Advertisement

Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #92
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Went in for IV fluids today---bad case of food poisoning---and at 15 weeks not only did baby kick so hard that the DOCTOR felt it on the outside hard enough to make him jump and giggle, but we also learned:

ITS A GIRL!
Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
AFM: I forgot to update that I did the GD test early since I had GD during my DS's pregnancy and this test came out normal. That's good. I hated all the finger poking before. I'll still have to take the test again at 28 weeks, but for now things are fine.
Hopefully everything is fine still at the later one too. I canNOT believe I'm nearly there - next appt I'll get the req for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
Quick check in. I am 30wks this week. You all continue to be on my mind and in my prayers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
30 weeks! How did that happen?
!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Still super sick here and in addition to the hyperemesis now DD has a cold with a fever and is a whiney mess. *sigh*
That sucks.

Quote:
AFM: Having a little anxiety today. Friday seems forever away. Another mama in our DDC got bad news today. Her baby had stopped growing & no hb. It was difficult to process because I immediately went back in time to the moment I was told the exact same thing in March, & honestly, its not out if the realm of possibility now. It's going to be a long 4 wks to the end of my 1st tri.
I can definitely understand how her story would take you back in time. Try to remember that this bean is a different bean, this is a different pregnancy, you are not in the same place. Try to relax, take one day at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29 View Post
AFM: I'm still immobilized by sciatica. We are going to try aleve for a short time and go from there. I hate being on these meds. I can't stop worrying about what they are doing to baby boo. I'm going to PT, Chiro and getting a massage too. I'm ready to be big so that this gets better. I have a weird back so early pregnancy is harder on me than when I am huge and pregnant. :/ other than that I don't know much. Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Oh, that sucks too. My pelvis and hips were really bad yesterday and today - it's probably a combination of driving a bunch and walking a bunch the past couple days, though I wonder if the snow they're calling for maybe will be more than they think? My hips tend to act up when there's precipitation coming. (gosh... I sound terribly old saying that!)

AFM: DH keep trying to feel Hiccup moving - the other morning I rolled over to cuddle him, his hand was on my belly and every time Hiccup moved against his hand, DH would lightly squeeze back - but he was still asleep, so he doesn't remember it! And when DH puts his hand on my belly, even if Hiccup has just been bouncing and kicking, he goes very still! Turkey!

This week is hopefully going to fly by for me. I do know that Hiccup isn't Elliana, and that, far as we know with the u/s and movement and hb Hiccup is absolutely healthy and strong, but this is the week everything fell apart totally with Elli.
Either at or just before (like the day before) 22 weeks, she passed away. I was 22 weeks with Hiccup on Sunday.
At 22wk 3d we saw her on u/s, with no heartbeat. That's tomorrow with Hiccup.
At 22wk 5d I would have been... was... 5 months pregnant. She was still inside me, but all ready gone. That's Friday with Hiccup.
And at 23 weeks exactly Elli was stillborn. That will be Sunday with Hiccup.

Just not an easy week to pass, I know you all understand.
Hiccup fills me with hope with every shove and kick. I know this isn't Elli... but, gosh, how I miss that wee girl.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #93
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Checking in.... 9 weeks yesterday. Terribly sick Cannot wait to stop puking and feeling nauseous 24/7!!!! Praying I get some relief in the next 3-4 weeks but no guarantees since I threw up 9 months with my girls I hate to sound like I'm complaining but it sucks laying on the couch all day with no energy and feeling nauseous and on the verge of puking. I watch 6 kids (including my 2) under the age of 5 M-F, 10 hours a day and it's so hard to function when I am so sick. At least I have constant reassurance that baby is thriving. My first appointment is on the 22nd and my ultrasound is on the 31st. Can't wait!!!!!!!

Anyways... I have been reading everyone's updates and so thankful for all the great news!!!!

Deanna- Praying this week goes by quickly for you and you get to see your perfect, healthy little Bean again!!! I agree it's so hard to read about the losses in our DDC

Yay for the momma who is having a girl!!!!!!!!!

Elaina- Praying for you this week So thankful you have the comfort of seeing a healthy Hiccup on ultrasound prior to this tough week ahead.

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #94
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
U/S today...babe is at 2 pounds 13 ounces. Doc says it's a steady rate of growth and he isn't overly concerned. Says if growth drops to under 10th percentile that would be cause to be more concerned.

Going in for weekly NST now too....I'll be 32 weeks on Friday...
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #95
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Elena -- I'll be praying for you this week that you find the strength, courage, and peace to help you through it. I know it will be a really tough week, though.

Amanda -- I hope you start feeling better very soon... that's gotta be hard with so many kids, too... Hey, question, we have a bunch of Amanda's in our DDC, which one are you? (last name)

Susan -- glad to hear baby's growth is right on target
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #96
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry
Elena -- I'll be praying for you this week that you find the strength, courage, and peace to help you through it. I know it will be a really tough week, though.

Amanda -- I hope you start feeling better very soon... that's gotta be hard with so many kids, too... Hey, question, we have a bunch of Amanda's in our DDC, which one are you? (last name)

Susan -- glad to hear baby's growth is right on target
I know we have like 6 Amanda's!! Lol! I am Amanda W!!

Oh and gosh Elena... I am on my phone and cannot see your signature so I spelled your name wrong in my previous post !!! Im Sorry!!

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #97
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
Checking in.... 9 weeks yesterday. Terribly sick Cannot wait to stop puking and feeling nauseous 24/7!!!! Praying I get some relief in the next 3-4 weeks but no guarantees since I threw up 9 months with my girls I hate to sound like I'm complaining but it sucks laying on the couch all day with no energy and feeling nauseous and on the verge of puking. I watch 6 kids (including my 2) under the age of 5 M-F, 10 hours a day and it's so hard to function when I am so sick. At least I have constant reassurance that baby is thriving. My first appointment is on the 22nd and my ultrasound is on the 31st. Can't wait!!!!!!!
You're definitely allowed to complain. I cannot imagine having to take care of 6 kids-thankful I only have my 2 and that only from 3pm-bedtime. I'm right there with you in the sickness department. Still puking and back to only maintaining weight this week. (I lost 15lbs even though I've been on 3 different meds from the start). Hyperemesis STINKS!

Elena (((((Hugs))))) Hate those milestone weeks but then again it feels like such a big step to pass them.

Deanna-yeah losses around me still unsettle me. And it's beyond me why women have to share their 2nd and 3rd trimester losses with an almost stranger who is pregnant. I had not 1 but 2 collegues at our Christmas party today share that they lost a baby at 4 and 5 months along. WHY would you share that?! I mean obviously we all know it can happen especially in this group but I just don't get why women have to purposely scare others???? Made me thankful that I was able to excuse myself after barely an hour there.

Susan-good to hear baby is growing on target.

Marie-how is the stomach flu? Hope you're all better!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #98
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Elaina- Praying for you this week So thankful you have the comfort of seeing a healthy Hiccup on ultrasound prior to this tough week ahead.
It sucks puking and being sick, although you are right that it brings some reassurance with it. this baby only makes you puke for the first trimester!

Thank you. And me too. I can't imagine facing this week without knowing that Hiccup is healthy. I mean, DH and I know that any number of things can go wrong. But for now, we have a normal, healthy, moving baby in there - and based on our previous experiences, that's a good sign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
U/S today...babe is at 2 pounds 13 ounces. Doc says it's a steady rate of growth and he isn't overly concerned. Says if growth drops to under 10th percentile that would be cause to be more concerned.

Going in for weekly NST now too....I'll be 32 weeks on Friday...
Maybe baby is just a small baby - I've heard that people can have those, lol!
But it's definitely worth keeping an eye on baby's growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
Thank you. It will be a good week to get through, just tough. Like I said, Hiccup is reassuring me many, many times a day that all is well - that helps a ton.

Quote:
Oh and gosh Elena... I am on my phone and cannot see your signature so I spelled your name wrong in my previous post !!! Im Sorry!!
No problem! I'm used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Elena (((((Hugs))))) Hate those milestone weeks but then again it feels like such a big step to pass them.
Thank you, and totally agree.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #99
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
Quick check in. I am 30wks this week. You all continue to be on my mind and in my prayers
Been thinking about you and hoping you'd check in! Yay for 30w! I hope you're feeling well.

Quote:
BTDT, hang in there mama.

Too many to quote that are in that pukey/nausea stage, but I hope you all start feeling better ASAP!

Elena - FX that the week flies by for you and that Hiccup keeps kicking and poking his way around to reassure you a teeny bit.

AFM: Found out today that DD has Fifth's Disease. She's had cold-like symptoms (sniffly, coughing, sore throat) for the last week, which is nothing out of the ordinary for her in the winter, but this morning she woke up and had a rash all over her face. Took her to the ped who thought it was scarlet fever, but the rapid strep came back negative. She usually gets strep like 3x/winter and the rapid always comes back positive for her. Called my OB and had to stop in for b/w to see if I have the parvo antibodies or not. Hoping I do so that little Miss is protected and I don't have to worry these last few weeks. I have my 28w appt on Monday, so I should have the results by then I'd think.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #100
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699
Marie-how is the stomach flu? Hope you're all better!
Better today. Braved a salad today and had some gas pain and discomfort after, but no GI pyrotechnics, so I think I'm in the clear.

Lost 5 lbs though. So I know I need to keep hydrating because I feel so lethargic and my head is pounding.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote